GDT: Game 48: Sabres vs Canucks - 1/18 10pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
They interviewing KO, while showing his rocket hot pass to man coming into the slot. Why not ask him how a team can compete with top 6 guys barely holding a 4th line spot.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I'd love to stay optimistic but this team basically went on an unprecedented collapse and pissed away all the points they banked from the winning streak. And after 7 or 8 years of no playoffs and in year 4 of eichel's career, we're supposed to still be patient and just wait for more talent that may or may not arrive through the draft. It's getting real old.

I realize that but this same group that had gone on a slide went 14-2-3 in a 17 game stretch too.

We were dead last just last season.....more then enough progress we probably need a coaching change so this is a blessing in disguise if we miss...I know is it’s been a long wait but that’s not this group and Eichel been gone so much of year two and three, this one has at least been successful for parts and some can throw in the towel, but I would rather wait and see what happens. If we play the way we have for the most part in the last week most nights we should have a chance. We have a s right future.

There’s a loooot of hockey to be played.

Tyler2829

Jun 20, 2009
Rochester, NY
Right the pens won, either way I wasn’t expecting to be close to a playoff spot.

There are what four teams in the west all with less points then us in playoff spots, j causing Vancouver who have four less and are in now.

It’s about effort and the last five games we’ve either outshot the team two to one or won in every game essentially. I know the 7-2 loss sucks but again we out shot and out played the oilers in every period even if that was are worst one for obvious reasons.

We played to win tonight and should of but young goalies do these things sometimes.

I don't care about effort, I care about wins.

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN

Of course as fans we care about wins but at least they’re trying....if we don’t get the puck luck that’s not really the fault of the team, Thats hockey with today’s parity. We barely lost and outplayed them badly so yeah, it’s frustrating but I will take. 4-3 loss where we look like that over the crap a few weeks ago.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I'm not singing a pretty song like JA is, but the only way this team will win games is with effort. Minimizing mistakes is key, too. Not sure how Larry Pi isn't hanging by a piano wire for this loss.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
Which of the teams who are basically 3 games ahead of us do you think we have even a snowball's chance in hell of catching? Since the streak we literally have the worst record in the entire league. Worse than LA, worse than Ottawa. Let that sink in.

And before the streak ended we had the best record in the entire NHL...it goes both ways. Lol

So now we’re middle of the pack.

Which is still better then most predicted.

Like I said I’ve watcheed this team for decades and at least we have a foundation now with some hope, a direction with Eichel dahlin skinner likely to resign Reinhart coming around ukko pekka olofsson pilut ....I mean the isles and Habs look amazing right now but these are two teams who could most definitely go on a slide.

And at least there putting forth a good effort lately in the last week most nights. (Like I said winning or outshooting teams badly) That’s promising too compared to right after the streak and even then we lost some really close ones to 5 of the best teams all by one goal.

Tyler2829

Jun 20, 2009
Rochester, NY
I'm not singing a pretty song like JA is, but the only way this team will win games is with effort. Minimizing mistakes is key, too. Not sure how Larry Pi isn't hanging by a piano wire for this loss.

Obviously. But I'm not going to be okay with a losing record over the past week just because they had good efforts.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Scandella can pull a Zadorov and hopefully not come back.

Pathetic showing. This team needs a major wake up.
Hopefully he was playing as part of a trade.. I am disgusted be unlike Pilut he knows what he is doing as he acted like he missed lifting the stick on a goal right in front of him, blew a basic assignment and actually acted like he tried by whiffing while goal was on its way.. He passes for shiv , would rather have pilut learn and be manhandled and hopefully beaulieu would have at least touched the guy.. bad lazy game after dominating the first.. cocky young man relaxing blues...

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I think the point he was making is that he's not in the mood to hand out Miz Participation Awards: "You Tried".
It's a team game how can you not? Rather be mad at the guys who lost it than the guys who played their butt off

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
And before the streak ended we had the best record in the entire NHL...it goes both ways. Lol

So now we’re middle of the pack.

Which is still better then most predicted.

Like I said I’ve watcheed this team for decades and at least we have a foundation now with some hope, a direction with Eichel dahlin skinner likely to resign Reinhart coming around ukko pekka olofsson pilut ....I mean the isles and Habs look amazing right now but these are two teams who could most definitely go on a slide.

And at least there putting forth a good effort lately in the last week most nights. (Like I said winning or outshooting teams badly) That’s promising too compared to right after the streak and even then we lost some really close ones to 5 of the best teams all by one goal.

You might want to look at the guys behind the Isles and Habs bench. Yeah no. Also to quote Gorilla Monsoon "Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades".

Reactions: Yatzhee

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN
now not the time for this jack. smh

Fine, I’ll let everyone be depressed then, I’m pointing out something they can build off after the break. The effort tonight and a big win over Calgary, or maybe we should just say oh we lost so obviously we’re awful and there’s nothing to build off. It doesent matter that in the first period we held a territorial advantage for 15 of the 20 minutes, and outchanced and shot them two to one overall then lost by a goal ..if they play like this, they have a chance.

People are acting like we were playing two weeks ago with some of the comments. I hear this team needs to figure it out? What? So they are supposed to play better then dominating the other team? Effort is everything. We didn’t get the bounces, I wouldn’t be saying this if we didn’t play like we did tonight. I’m not some rob ray needing to say something positive. I understand the frustration

Vancouver is the team I hate the most so the fact I’m positive right now shocks even me, but like I said i dig efforts like that.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
How many people would have been mad at Phil if he benched Larry Pi for this game>? Now, how many are mad at Phil for this loss?? Armchair GM much???

You might want to look at the guys behind the Isles and Habs bench. Yeah no. Also to quote Gorilla Monsoon "Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades".
+1 for Gorilla Monsoon reference

Reactions: k8prisoner

Tage2Tuch

May 10, 2004
CAN

He also said “it’s not over till it’s over Jess”

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Of course as fans we care about wins but at least they’re trying....if we don’t get the puck luck that’s not really the fault of the team, Thats hockey with today’s parity. We barely lost and outplayed them badly so yeah, it’s frustrating but I will take. 4-3 loss where we look like that over the crap a few weeks ago.
Sorry but no.. This was a bad team they played against.. Instead of stepping on their necks after first goal they made mistakes and missed simple assignments.. disgusting..
Yes they come to play against TB and Calgary but these are they games they must learn to play with dicipline on the road like they did well earlier.. Dont be satisfied w this..

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
The way this team looks I’m checking out. Clearly the plan is to hold firm playoffs or not. Not suprised this is where we’ve ended. But clearly management has no interest in winnning this season so I have no interest in watching

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
The way this team looks I’m checking out. Clearly the plan is to hold firm playoffs or not. Not suprised this is where we’ve ended. But clearly management has no interest in winnning this season so I have no interest in watching
Fair enuff, but rome isn't built in a day. We have the assets to bring in a few guys that could help us make the post-season. I hope they just keep you not watching for now.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Which of the teams who are basically 3 games ahead of us do you think we have even a snowball's chance in hell of catching? Since the streak we literally have the worst record in the entire league. Worse than LA, worse than Ottawa. Let that sink in.
You’re right. Let’s give up. In fact, why be a fan of this team at all? :eyeroll:

Reactions: k8prisoner

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Not the way I wanted to see the Sabres go into the all star break.

This loss really hurt them in thr playoff race.

Montreal won tonight. Pittsburgh won tonight.

Now Boston and Montreal both sit 5pts ahead of us. The Penguins sit 4pts ahead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad