GDT: Game #48: Nashville at Columbus 4/27 7:00PM "Deliverance"

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
From the first day of training camp (when we packed the Ice Haus to welcome our new players) to tonight, that was the BEST Blue Jackets season in our first 12! So proud of this city and this team.

GranttoSherman

Mar 14, 2013
Hey guys, been lurking the board but didn't want to jinx the good play by joining.

This sucks, but I am super proud of the way the team played all season long, even in the beginning when we couldn't buy a goal the team still played hard.

This is the first time in a long time I am optimistic about the CBJ for the future. Hopefully Jarmo hits some home runs in the draft.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The most disappointing thing is that I will have to wait months to see them play again. We shouldn't be ending the season.

With all do respect to the Mild, they should be sitting this one out.

TurboBrick

Mar 26, 2012
SATX
Bolts fan here... No playoffs this year but you guys went down fighting. I can't even remember any other Blue Jackets squad putting up that kind of effort ever. Did "Keklu" bring with him some mythical Finnish courage potion that sparked the run?

Anyways, congrats for a hard fought season and good luck in the draft.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Wonder what might have been if this had been a full 82 game season...

We lost out on that practice time to start the season. Not sure what it would have brought, but we might have been competing for a top 4 spot had we gelled like we did in the shortened season.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Wow, what a game, what a crowd. Too bad the hole to climb out of was so deep, and having to count on other teams to win. This team has a good future.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
no one to blame but ourselves and a slow start

can you feel that burning in your stomach?… i hate detroit so freaking much, the leagues pity… all of it

next season.. we attack!

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Great crowd, great game.

I made the mistake of picking up this thread in the middle, before the Dubi goal. Some of you people are so negative that you really don't deserve to enjoy a win. I actually read "same old Jackets"! Anyone who thought that at any moment during the last three months is an idiot.

On to the East and, as all Tribe fans are known to say, "wait till next year!"

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Such mixed emotions tonight. My heart aches for what might have been, but celebrates because of the amazing things this team was able to accomplish this season. The shortened season causes me to believe there should be another game coming up in a couple nights. The next five months will be painful without Blue Jackets hockey, but there is no doubt in my mind that the team's leadership will give us even more reason to celebrate the Home Opener when it does roll around.

As petty as this may seem, as I watched the seconds tick off in the Minnesota game, I couldn't help but think of the disallowed goal vs. Chicago way back towards the beginning of the season for "incidental contact", as it ultimately cost the Jackets a point in the standings, the point that would have clinched us a spot tonight. Very unfortunate that a blown call such as that would have been the difference at the end of the day. Good officiating matters, and while I have to accept what happened now just as I did the night of the game, that is one call that will remain as engrained in my memory like the too-many-men call in Game 4. Brutal.

JACKETfan

Real Blue Jacketfan
Mar 18, 2006
Tampa
Another hard fought win.

This team is going to be so fun next year.

Credit due the JP (Mac Jr) for overhauling the ENTIRE franchise.

eljefe72

Jul 28, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Great crowd, great game.

I made the mistake of picking up this thread in the middle, before the Dubi goal. Some of you people are so negative that you really don't deserve to enjoy a win. I actually read "same old Jackets"! Anyone who thought that at any moment during the last three months is an idiot.

:handclap: Definitely a lot of negative hyperbole.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Just got back from the GAME!!!!!! Best in-arena experience for me, EVER. Sorry we didn't make the playoffs, but wow, what a season!!:handclap::handclap:

Ladies & germs............we have ourselves a f**king hockey team!

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Great crowd, great game.

So, considering I haven't read any of the thread, you're saying I should probably just skip it? :nod:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
From the first day of training camp (when we packed the Ice Haus to welcome our new players) to tonight, that was the BEST Blue Jackets season in our first 12! So proud of this city and this team.

My thoughts as well. This year was better than season 1 and the playoff season.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
So, considering I haven't read any of the thread, you're saying I should probably just skip it? :nod:

We only had one or two quitters this time, people just couldn't handle it and started saying they were sure we were going to lose. That happens most games here, actually.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Just got back. Wow. What a night! I'm crushed, of course, but I am so damned proud of this team. No way were they going to lose this game. Not tonight. Not in front of that crowd. I may not have a voice tomorrow but it was so worth it. I screamed my head off the entire 3rd period.

This is a team. This is a family. And I can't wait til next year!

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I certainly agree with this post,

My thoughts as well. This year was better than season 1 and the playoff season.

It is good to finally have some good young talent play like their hair was on fire. I knew Atkinson was good in college but would it translate to the NHL? Loved watching Calvert play healthy, what a motor. Erixon was supposed to be the throw in on the Nash trade, RyJo is showing some signs & the NYR West now gets to go back to the East as the stars of their new team, glue guys Artie & Brandon. Hopefully Murray & Jenner make their NHL entry next year and fight it out for the Calder.

Bob? he certainly knows our new division well enough aye?

I also forgot to mention Mark Letestu. What a find this guy is, just gives his 100% every night.

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
just got back from the game. amazing atmosphere.

idk if this has already been posted, but did anyone get a video of the pregame intro with the song "started from the bottom" by drake? i thought that was awesome, and was a perfect way to bring the team out.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Thanks Howson.

As always, **** Scott Howson.

****ing Howson and your ****ing ROW system.
:rant:
Worst man this franchise has ever experienced!!!

If the R/OW system was never implemented, then the old system would still be used. The old system went strictly off total wins.

Minnesota 26-19-3
Columbus 24-17-7

Yeah...Minnesota wins that anyway. And the head-to-head.

It would be sweet justice for the CBJ to somehow, against all odds, win the draft lottery.

No kidding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad