GDT: Game #48: Nashville at Columbus 4/27 7:00PM "Deliverance"

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
One game related thing that struck me about last night's game was the absolutely lousy positioning of the refs. I have never seen them get in the way as much as they did last night. I counted 7 times where the refs got hit by pucks when they could have gotten out of the way. Ref # 32 (rather than #24) seemed to get in the way more.

Anybody else pick up on this?

I think it was more a function of two teams wanting to play along the wall than the refs being more in the way. Neither the CBJ or NSH play much between the dots, really, so, in a way, they were probably more in the refs way than the other way around :)

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
One game related thing that struck me about last night's game was the absolutely lousy positioning of the refs. I have never seen them get in the way as much as they did last night. I counted 7 times where the refs got hit by pucks when they could have gotten out of the way. Ref # 32 (rather than #24) seemed to get in the way more.

Anybody else pick up on this?

I remember Vinny bi#ching at one of them for causing a turnover or icing by getting in the way.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
hello friends. really wanted you guys to make the playoffs. anyways, welcome to the eastern conference! I think your team is on the up (bad news for the Habs) and see you next year! :yo:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
hello friends. really wanted you guys to make the playoffs. anyways, welcome to the eastern conference! I think your team is on the up (bad news for the Habs) and see you next year! :yo:

I can't speak for any but myself, it will take a few months next season adjusting the fan chemistry being in the East... I have a slight advantage playing Sabre fan for many years too but only slight..., but, I can speak for most, we are excited...

Detroit and Columbus will bring a taste of the West to the East... and the East will bring a huge taste of Labbat Blue to Nationwide, it will be fun. ;)

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Ok, 48 hours later. And I really do feel like I am going thru some kind of withdrawal. This team made the season so darn exciting and as a group they were so appealing to root for, I am missing it big time already. But summer and teh warm temperatures and the outdoor weather are too beautiful around here to just wish they were gone already. Such a dilemma.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Ok, 48 hours later. And I really do feel like I am going thru some kind of withdrawal. This team made the season so darn exciting and as a group they were so appealing to root for, I am missing it big time already. But summer and teh warm temperatures and the outdoor weather are too beautiful around here to just wish they were gone already. Such a dilemma.

A quick tale:

I was in line with my wife for a bottle of water. When I finally got it, I turned around and tried to hand it to her. She had stepped away and I almost hit the guy who had stepped up behind me with it. It was EDM! Good thing I hadn't turned to kiss her!

Kyleoty

Apr 28, 2013
Cbus
Sorry not yet. I have found the full speech in the actual movie and one from the cannooks. But not the one we played at the game. I am hoping someone from the media team sees this or hears its something we all would like to see

Einhander

Jan 26, 2012
Columbus
Any idea what Speech they played in Nationwide during the 3rd period? Something about sacrifice, it played right before our 2nd goal. It was amazing. nevermind , it would help if i read the previous page , my bad.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Bob's amazing flurry of stops:

c117e0ea3930f2d9f22322a44ecf8c5c.gif

man i love this. I could watch it over and over all day

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

I watched it at least 10 times on the mains... During the game, which I watched on TV, the view was from a distance but it appeared he stopped the puck at least 5 or 6times... It was game change moment....

Steeltown Jacket

FanFromPensTerritory
Aug 8, 2011
Central Ohio

I watched it at least 10 times on the mains... During the game, which I watched on TV, the view was from a distance but it appeared he stopped the puck at least 5 or 6times... It was game change moment....

I sat on that goal line in section 101, and during this sequence and with about 1:30 left in the 3rd, the Preds shot that hit the cross bar and fell between Bob and the goal, I jumped out of my seat and started screaming my head off. Bob has had some great stops, but I don't recall ever reacting like that in person at a game.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Great crowd, great game.

I made the mistake of picking up this thread in the middle, before the Dubi goal. Some of you people are so negative that you really don't deserve to enjoy a win. I actually read "same old Jackets"! Anyone who thought that at any moment during the last three months is an idiot.

On to the East and, as all Tribe fans are known to say, "wait till next year!"

This Pete. I decided to stay away for a couple days. Figured I'd soak in a great day or figure a way to deal with the disappointment without being affected by some of the negative posting. I still read this thread anyway ha ha!!!!! :laugh:

I not gonna lie, I was disappointed and still am. Why we are not in the playoffs baffles my mind. Time to move past it and "wait till next year!"

Lot's of good things this year but the goal of the SC was missed. That should be or goal, right! Games next October are going to be as important as games in March. Got to get in the playoffs to win the cup. Let's do it now.

So on to FA, the drafts and the various camps before training camp. Man it's going to be a long summer.

I'm on the Blues bandwagon for the playoffs. (If there's another thread, sorry. Haven't caught up yet).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad