GDT: Game #48: Nashville at Columbus 4/27 7:00PM "Deliverance"

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
just got back from the game. amazing atmosphere.

idk if this has already been posted, but did anyone get a video of the pregame intro with the song "started from the bottom" by drake? i thought that was awesome, and was a perfect way to bring the team out.

They should eventually have this up on bluejackets.com.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
just got back from the game. amazing atmosphere.

idk if this has already been posted, but did anyone get a video of the pregame intro with the song "started from the bottom" by drake? i thought that was awesome, and was a perfect way to bring the team out.

bluejackets.com has that up in the multimedia section of their site.

FlaggerX

Mar 21, 2008
Columbus
Great atmosphere, packed house and Chris Mason almost stole the game as he'd made 40 saves before our first goal.

I could not be more proud of this team, which has shown they can turn it up when the heat is on. We did every thing we could, but luck was not with us.

I am really, really looking forward to next year. I suspect those who gave up their season tickets are having second thoughts because this is a much better team than our playoff team.

Go Jackets!

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
BI6L0AeCYAEW47W.jpg:large

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
So even at close to 3am, I'm still sad we didn't make it, happy about the season overall, and heartbroken for the whole team that deserves to be in the playoffs. That's killing me, our 20 guys that busted their ***** don't get a chance to play in the playoffs, crushing.
All those emotions at the same time, yeah I know it doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Man. That was a real hard loss to watch for your club, but I guess you can't count on the Avs for anything. Your future looks bright, so chin up. Good luck next year.

Next season, Jackets. You guys have earned a new fan - that was one of the best games I've watched all year.

Wish you got in to put the hurt on the Hawks...Minny isn't a playoff team right now.

Oh well.

Congrats on a great season guys. Way to play it out til the end! Wish you would've made it in instead of the Wild.

We are so many over at the Devils board that were cheering for you, feel sorry for you guys but you're my number two team from this season and on. You have a good future ahead of you, thanks for an amazing run.

Wild fan coming in peace.

I feel sorry for you guys. You deserved to be in the playoffs. Keep your head up high. You can be proud of your team!

Go Jackets!

Sharks fan here. Was really pulling for you guys to make it. Keep your heads up, no one in February would imagine you would be fighting for a playoff spot. Good luck in the future!

Thanks guys :heart: :heart: :heart:

QTMcWhiskers

Playoff Avatar Stays
Jun 22, 2006
Columbus, OH
100options.bandcamp.com
As a 20-something year old male, I don't know if this proves that it's an obsession or not, but after Atkinson put in the empty net goal to make it 3-1, that marked the first time I've ever cried at a sporting event. I've never been so proud of a team before, especially after defying all odds after January and from the media. This was a lot of fun, and it sucks that I have to choose a playoff team to root for.

cbj21

Oct 2, 2005
Shampoo land

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
The big fubar is that the ref told Toronto it was ruled no goal after he pointed at the net as in "thats a goal" and then changed it on the phone.

I can't get too mad at that. The ref at the Jackets game pointed at the goal when the Preds kicked it in. The other ref and the linesman huddled as he skated towards the phone, then the Jumbotron played the clear kick. By the time he had reached the phone he had changed his mind, because he also said "The ruling on the ice stands, no goal."

Yeah it was a lot more obvious than the Avs goal, but it was the same situation.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Hi guys, I just wanted to say that I'm a Cleveland native so going into last night had me pulling very hard for both the Wild and Blue Jackets. I wanted Detroit knocked off but it seems like no matter what, that team is going to make the playoffs for the rest of their existence. :shakehead

Anyway, I can't wait until next year. I get to pull for the Wild and Blue Jackets much more easily being in separate conferences. I hate how last night came down to such drama and tension. If we both would have won just one more game Detroit would be sitting. It sucks.

I can't wait for next year! :handclap:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Not the best video but it looked to me he was skating and it bounced (not kicked) off his skate. The big fubar is that the ref told Toronto it was ruled no goal after he pointed at the net as in "thats a goal" and then changed it on the phone.

I saw no fubar. The officials overturned the original call. We've seen it that same thing many times.

Was that a good goal? Not sure. However, I am going to watch that game because I heard of other shenanigans during that game.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
They should eventually have this up on bluejackets.com.

Good 'cause I'm in it.

I feel bad for this group of guys. They dragged us fans into a playoff chase and we loved (almost) every minute of it. I was on the edge of my seat (when I was in it) all game, and screaming and cheering and cackling like a crazy person. Couldn't help myself. Saw QY mention tears of joy. Yeah, I had those too. Unreal. That's what this team did.

I believe the franchise has turned a corner. I believe that the same ol' Jackets are gone. That's the other thing this team did. But nothing is guaranteed. That's the other reason I wanted the playoffs right now.

What a crazy mixed-up season. And what a long-ass offseason, I expect.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Not the best video but it looked to me he was skating and it bounced (not kicked) off his skate. The big fubar is that the ref told Toronto it was ruled no goal after he pointed at the net as in "thats a goal" and then changed it on the phone.

It is the storyline behind the CBJ. Uphill battle all the way. I know it's not true but every time one of these incidents happen it feels more and more like a good ol boys club. I think we've all been there at some point in our lives; so I would suggest that when we finally kick the door in on that good ol boy meeting the naysayers will be shocked and Screwed. That will be a sweet day boys. With this group including players, managent, fan, even support staff we are getting there. It felt last night like that wave of momentum is finally reaching critical mass to push us over the top. The key will be to continue to generate the drive, including fans(don't want any sitting on your hands types in my section). So keep the momentum, expect some new challenges with new rivals and find a way to get in done. The playoff format for us next year is going to be even worse and we've got to be a top tier team or we will get left on the edge again.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
The disallowed Calvert goal wasn't the only call that cost the CBJ 1 potential point. On Jan 26, Foligno was called for goaltender interference and a game tying goal was taken away. That call cost the CBJ a regulation tie.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
The disallowed Calvert goal wasn't the only call that cost the CBJ 1 potential point. On Jan 26, Foligno was called for goaltender interference and a game tying goal was taken away. That call cost the CBJ a regulation tie.

I still can't believe taking a step back towards your own goal is still enough "forward progress" to knock a team out of the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad