GDT: Game #48: Nashville at Columbus 4/27 7:00PM "Deliverance"

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Great point. A 3rd call that affected the standings.

You know we can sit around and ***** and moan, complain and blame the officials for ruining our playoff chances [and I do], but if we didn't have the 3rd worst pp in the league, we probably would've been comfortably in a playoff spot.

What I don't understand is how we've had such a terrible PP for so long. It feels like we've ALWAYS had a terrible PP short of maybe one season. Why can't we find someone who knows how to coach the PP and players that know how to perform on the PP?

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
You know we can sit around and ***** and moan, complain and blame the officials for ruining our playoff chances [and I do], but if we didn't have the 3rd worst pp in the league, we probably would've been comfortably in a playoff spot.
Sure, there were quite a few things the CBJ did to put themselves in the position they did. Scoring goals and the PP was a huge problem this season. And it needs fixed before next year because I dont think we can expect Bob to start 70 games next season and hold every team to 2 or less goals.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
starting 5-12-4 is what knocked us out of the playoffs...

So did blowing a 3-2 lead in Minnesota to go to the shootout. We close that game (even though we won in the shootout), we're in the playoffs.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
As did blowing a 2-0 lead, 3-2 lead, and a 4-3 lead all in 1 game against Edmonton. And they didnt even pick up a regulation tie.

If if's and but's were candy and nuts... I imagine everyone agrees there were missed opportunities to pick up that 1 point this year.

Leinie61

Apr 11, 2007
923070_4645779424142_378038390_n.jpg

Kyleoty

Apr 28, 2013
Cbus
Speech and video from 3rd quarter

I know it is from any given Sunday. But will there be a link to the version played on the Dispatch Media center last night. It really got all of us into the game including the bench as Cam #13 stated in his post game interview.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i think they're trying to get it up on the site..but since its taken from Any Given Sunday, they probably can't due to trademarks and rights and the such

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I know it is from any given Sunday. But will there be a link to the version played on the Dispatch Media center last night. It really got all of us into the game including the bench as Cam #13 stated in his post game interview.

Yeah that was nasty.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
As did blowing a 2-0 lead, 3-2 lead, and a 4-3 lead all in 1 game against Edmonton. And they didnt even pick up a regulation tie.

If if's and but's were candy and nuts... I imagine everyone agrees there were missed opportunities to pick up that 1 point this year.

And there were some wins that were pretty unbelievable. All a part of the growing/learning process.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
So we have:
1. poor start
2. lack of preseason for all the new players, coaches to jel
3. poor power play
4. losing two eventually important games vs. Minnesota

all i'm saying is don't pinpoint a game or two here or there...b/c all teams can do that...getting out of the gate so poorly is what caused us to miss the playoffs...we're set up well going forward...lots to be excited for

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
So did blowing a 3-2 lead in Minnesota to go to the shootout. We close that game (even though we won in the shootout), we're in the playoffs.

It's kinda silly to look at every game because we also had our moments of fortune in tight games so it balances out at the end.

Winning 5 out of 21 games to start the season had everything to do with us missing out. If the guys didn't start the season as if they were fated to pick Top 5 in the draft we would've been in.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Dubi rewarded!

Went back in the GDT scroll to find this. Rewarded is right. About 15 seconds before this I turned to my buddy and said "I think he would win this game by himself if he could." By that I didn't mean that he would ignore his mates or whatever, but I firmly believe it was his example, through his play, that brought the team to another level. I don't know what goes on "in the room," but he LED this team to a win last night. Of that I have no doubt.

His season was kind of a mess, from the trade to the lockout to injuries. But he played well all over the lineup, including with Gaborik, while he was in there. Very interested to see with whom he plays next year. I think he a Matty C are a perfect fit.

Lastly, I think there is something to the fact that Dubi and JJ scored the goals last night. In the end, I don't really care who gets letters, just knowing these guys are out there is good enough for me.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Any luck finding this?

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Sorry we couldnt help you guys out last night. Seems the league really wanted the Wild in. The Kobasew no goal was a joke aswell as the PAP misconduct to put us down 2 men. I hope both our teams make the playoffs next year im a huge Johansen fan

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
It's kinda silly to look at every game because we also had our moments of fortune in tight games so it balances out at the end.

Winning 5 out of 21 games to start the season had everything to do with us missing out. If the guys didn't start the season as if they were fated to pick Top 5 in the draft we would've been in.

I'm going to go with the putrid power play. If we had a league average power play, many of those close losses at the beginning would have been OT games or wins.

I suspect if we looked at the PP% during the lousy start compared to the PP% during the winning stretch, we'd see a significant difference.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
I'm going to go with the putrid power play. If we had a league average power play, many of those close losses at the beginning would have been OT games or wins.

I suspect if we looked at the PP% during the lousy start compared to the PP% during the winning stretch, we'd see a significant difference.

I doubt it....Our PP sucked during both stretches.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
One game related thing that struck me about last night's game was the absolutely lousy positioning of the refs. I have never seen them get in the way as much as they did last night. I counted 7 times where the refs got hit by pucks when they could have gotten out of the way. Ref # 32 (rather than #24) seemed to get in the way more.

Anybody else pick up on this?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad