GDT: Game 48: Blue Monsters @ Panthers, 7PM EST

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Roslovic’s comments are especially dumb since Torts just went off to Mcelligott about not blaming anyone else for how bad we suck and keeping our mouths shut and just playing out the season. More evidence that the players aren’t listening to a word he’s saying.

LokiCalder

Apr 20, 2021
Not sure why people are crying about Roslovics comments when almost every single game thread is full of comments complaining about the refs. Roslovic wasn't talking about just last night's game.

Reactions: thebus88

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
With the lineups we are putting out there, I do wonder why there is any agony over the results. I guess I understand Tort’s frustration. There is only so much that can be done with an AHL team playing in the NHL.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Not sure why people are crying about Roslovics comments when almost every single game thread is full of comments complaining about the refs. Roslovic wasn't talking about just last night's game.

Which makes it even worse. The call wasn’t even close either.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
A lot of us, awhile ago, wanted Torts to be fired so that the shitty, loser environment we have this year wouldn’t continue to fester. Jarmo definitely deserves some blame in this mess, but well, that loser environment is festering. Torts and the players are all checked out. It should’ve been easy to see that Torts would eventually check out like this, given it’s obviously his last year, in a tough COVID season where we are getting our asses kicked. He should’ve been fired after the blown 4-1 lead to FLA.

Why on earth did we hold onto a coach whose players have tuned him out, and who has tuned out himself? I really hope it wasn’t purely for the reason of loyalty, because it could take years to get the stench of these last 20-30 games off the players. If it was for loyalty, then that’s exactly the kind of loser, old boys club mentality the early 2000’s CBJ used to have.

Reactions: Bookker

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
A lot of us, awhile ago, wanted Torts to be fired so that the shitty, loser environment we have this year wouldn’t continue to fester. Jarmo definitely deserves some blame in this mess, but well, that loser environment is festering. Torts and the players are all checked out. It should’ve been easy to see that Torts would eventually check out like this, given it’s obviously his last year, in a tough COVID season where we are getting our asses kicked. He should’ve been fired after the blown 4-1 lead to FLA.

Why on earth did we hold onto a coach whose players have tuned him out, and who has tuned out himself? I really hope it wasn’t purely for the reason of loyalty, because it could take years to get the stench of these last 20-30 games off the players. If it was for loyalty, then that’s exactly the kind of loser, old boys club mentality the early 2000’s CBJ used to have.

I will say this. In previous seasons, the Jackets would go on a winning streak at the end of the season to go from a top 5 to a top 10 pick and basically ruin any chance at an elite prospect.
It appears that with the benching of our "injured" players and keeping Torts around - trying to make the rest of our skill guys into grinders, that will not be the case this year.

Reactions: GoJackets1

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
- Texier doesn`t see his partners he`s good with grinders or players whom system is run, run, run.
- As soon as a better team arrives, it turns out that Roslovice is a level player ... something between 2-3 lines. And he can't defend yet, this wasn't his first mistake, Domi is the God of Defense against him.
- the only one who could offense not only alone but also through a combination was Laine, unfortunately, although today was not his day. I'm sorry for him, the first goal was his, but Atkinson somehow touched the puck there, so he had funny assist, the second Matteau unnecessarily destroyed, because he didn't look under his feet. Like Roslovic, who could have scored a goal. But what is the most important it could be 2:2. But let's be honest, with the second goal of Florida he ... simply you understand which a word I want to use.
- I hope Tarasov`ll play although two-three games. If Korpi can play why not Daniil
- Cliff Pu was recalled

Last edited:

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
I took a detailed look of any goals, and I has play some defense myself.

First Panter goals was clearly and only on Gavin Bayreuther, because of his Give away. However there was also no coverage of the cress pass. Which is the main duty of defense. That part is on Roslevic on this goal. Credite however to Nikita Gusev for that pass.
If any of the gal is partly Kopies, then this is the one.

Second Goal was mostly on Laine's give a way! The defense must also take a huge part of the blame.
There are no coverage of cross passes in front of Korpi. He had no chance what so ever.
When Jones covers the firs player, Laine should seek in to cover the pass, instead he tries to steal back the puck from behind. That also increase the risk of a penalty.
First is however Michael Del Zotto fail to cover the first pass, partly because he has to men to cover. Texeir do not reach to return to cover the second, but that cover should had been made by Laine, in stead of following the I think Duclair, that Jones was the only one in position to cover.
Had Laine skated in to covered Bennett, there would probably not be a goal.
Well honestly, I am not sure if Laine has the skills needed to cover Bennett and steal that pass.
The Giver away is one thing, but not to cover any of the attacking player is another.

Third goal, the second Sam Bennett goal. It all started with a Jack Roslovic give away, after some weak play. Then Michael Del Zotto sold himself by trying to block a shot, which instead end in perfect goal giving pass.
So hear defense will also have to take a big part of the blame.

Fourth Goal. Is on, in my point of view Michael Del Zotto and Jones, for not covering the cross passes. To cover cross passes is the major work of defensemen.
It is simple, it is almost impossibly for a Goalie to cover such cross passes. That was where Jones was exceptionel good last season, but at this goal, his timing was off and it lead to a goal.

The last goal, was on first Laine for not covering the long pass and for Texier for not covering the second cross pass.

None of the goals was bad goals on Korpi, but problem with the defense, which all forward must also be part of, not covering any cross passes.
What more was that three is initiated by bad give a-ways, but for all goals it was as much the lack of covering any cross passes.
That should be the first focus on defense, to concentrate covering those cross passes.

That and the fact that the some our player seem not to be able to catch a even long pass, which may actually be part of the problem generally.
It may be that that lead to hesitating, when making a pass, that again may lead to being easier read and then lead to some give a ways.

Anyway Michael Del Zotto had a real bad game and Laine, Roslovic and Texier especially could also have better games.

The PP seam to be very good, and shows in my point of view, that Bjorky is the teams best play, by a long strength. Also on the PP.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Gojackers, we held on to Torts because even Jarmo knee on his heart of hearts, that this was a shitty team tha no coach would want to take over. Tell me Gojackers what bright upcoming coach is going to want to take over a team with no legtitmTd centers?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Gojackers, we held on to Torts because even Jarmo knee on his heart of hearts, that this was a shitty team tha no coach would want to take over. Tell me Gojackers what bright upcoming coach is going to want to take over a team with no legtitmTd centers?
As the old saying goes, there’s only 32 head coaching jobs available so there’s always plenty of willing takers.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I took a detailed look of any goals, and I has play some defense myself.

First Panter goals was clearly and only on Gavin Bayreuther, because of his Give away. However there was also no coverage of the cress pass. Which is the main duty of defense. That part is on Roslevic on this goal. Credite however to Nikita Gusev for that pass.
If any of the gal is partly Kopies, then this is the one.

Second Goal was mostly on Laine's give a way! The defense must also take a huge part of the blame.
There are no coverage of cross passes in front of Korpi. He had no chance what so ever.
When Jones covers the firs player, Laine should seek in to cover the pass, instead he tries to steal back the puck from behind. That also increase the risk of a penalty.
First is however Michael Del Zotto fail to cover the first pass, partly because he has to men to cover. Texeir do not reach to return to cover the second, but that cover should had been made by Laine, in stead of following the I think Duclair, that Jones was the only one in position to cover.
Had Laine skated in to covered Bennett, there would probably not be a goal.
Well honestly, I am not sure if Laine has the skills needed to cover Bennett and steal that pass.
The Giver away is one thing, but not to cover any of the attacking player is another.

Third goal, the second Sam Bennett goal. It all started with a Jack Roslovic give away, after some weak play. Then Michael Del Zotto sold himself by trying to block a shot, which instead end in perfect goal giving pass.
So hear defense will also have to take a big part of the blame.

Fourth Goal. Is on, in my point of view Michael Del Zotto and Jones, for not covering the cross passes. To cover cross passes is the major work of defensemen.
It is simple, it is almost impossibly for a Goalie to cover such cross passes. That was where Jones was exceptionel good last season, but at this goal, his timing was off and it lead to a goal.

The last goal, was on first Laine for not covering the long pass and for Texier for not covering the second cross pass.

None of the goals was bad goals on Korpi, but problem with the defense, which all forward must also be part of, not covering any cross passes.
What more was that three is initiated by bad give a-ways, but for all goals it was as much the lack of covering any cross passes.
That should be the first focus on defense, to concentrate covering those cross passes.

That and the fact that the some our player seem not to be able to catch a even long pass, which may actually be part of the problem generally.
It may be that that lead to hesitating, when making a pass, that again may lead to being easier read and then lead to some give a ways.

Anyway Michael Del Zotto had a real bad game and Laine, Roslovic and Texier especially could also have better games.

The PP seam to be very good, and shows in my point of view, that Bjorky is the teams best play, by a long strength. Also on the PP.
Laine has a hockey IQ rocking horse and a skill worse than Kyle Sherwood, level ECHL, although I`m too optimistic. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
If I was a bright up and coming coach, I would jump at the oppotunity to coach this team. What better way to raise your stock as a coach than to turn around a bad team. That would look great on your resume.

Reactions: majormajor

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
A coach IS NOT going to be able to turn this team around by himself. This team is badly in need of several personnel moves that only a GM can make. Without those moves I do not believe that thus roster is “turnaroundable”.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
I think what Jarmo needs to do is see what kind of leadership arises in the locker room. They traded Foligno and Savard which were two of the longest tenured, oldest guys in the room. Jenner and Nyquist, two other experienced professionals, aren't in the room right now either. Atkinson and Jones have been wearing As but without the presence of the others can they actually handle the leadership role? Who are the strong voices? Do they have any?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad