Speculation: The coaching search continues

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
In my opinion Mike Sullivan would be a horrible hire. The guy had four future hall of famers plus Jake Guentzel for most of the season and still managed to ice one of the very worst power plays in the league. That's gotta be coaching.
lol. Best coach in the league outside of Cooper.

Reactions: Satoru Gojo

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Friedman on todays 32 Thoughts

“Yeah, I have people just telling me to watch Craig Barube there. Bruce Garriott reported Dean Evison had been interviewed, which makes perfect sense. But I've had a couple of teams tell me, they think that Ottawa really likes Barube.
And they believe, I can't prove it, nobody's saying anything, but they believe they've already interviewed him. So we'll see where that goes.
You know who I can see really liking Barube?
Who's that?
Brady Kachuk.
Well, there's a lot of history there, right?
Yes, obviously.
It's the St. Louis Mafia.”

From 32 Thoughts: The Podcast: Everything is Happening, Apr 26, 2024

This material may be protected by copyright.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Strange how Garrioch went from saying the Berube ship has sailed to they’re interviewing him and now to Friedman talking about how much Ottawa likes him within the span of a week.

Oh well, not complaining.

Ask any penguins fan and they will most certainly tell you that the #1 they want, is for sully to be fired.
This is true of most fanbases with losing teams. It doesn’t mean the coach is bad.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Strange how Garrioch went from saying the Berube ship has sailed to they’re interviewing him and now to Friedman talking about how much Ottawa likes him within the span of a week.

Oh well, not complaining.

This is true of most fanbases with losing teams. It doesn’t mean the coach is bad.

Each passing day it really does feel like Dorion was the”NHL Executive” that was feeding Bruce. Now that the well is gone, he’s been all over the place.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If the Bolts get swept, I wonder if they'd let Cooper go and if they do, would Cooper consider Ottawa?

He already has his rings, he'd need a good reason to come here and other teams can outbid us (stupid TML)

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
I don't watch other teams enough to have a well informed opinion but my gut-feeling says, if you can, sign Berube now!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
My personal tiers:

Tier 1: Cooper, Brind'amour, Sullivan,
Tier 2: Berube, Gallant,
Tier 3: Evanson, Woodcroft, Julien
Tier 4: Gruden, Carle, ect.

Wildcard: Quennville

If we get a tier 1, that's fantastic, Tier 2 and 3 are close in my mind but I have a distinct preference. Tier 4 would leave me disappointed, but recognizing there is still potential there. Quennville I'd stay away from even if he was reinstated, he may very well be the best coach among them, but this team doesn't need more distractions, and he'd be a big one.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If Rod the Bod is available, we're going to be set for life.

He'll bring back the post-interview cycling and make sure everyone on the roster is swole

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Each passing day it really does feel like Dorion was the”NHL Executive” that was feeding Bruce. Now that the well is gone, he’s been all over the place.
This is great. For years this team has been a feast of stories for the media. Always something with the Sens. Now it makes Old Lou look like a blabber mouth. We don't need other teams, or sports...or buisness publications for that matter, talking/filling a column with the Sens. I want to here things like " Didn't see this trade coming and you know it's a good trade when both fan bases aren't happy. This is a hockey trade that addresses needs for both teams." Or that they hired x,y,z to the pro scouting. Quiet, calm, effective. Focused on hockey.

I lost my train of thought damn it.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
I wouldn't me mad, but also wouldn't be excited about Evason either. Would be better than a rookie coach I suppose.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I wouldn't me mad, but also wouldn't be excited about Evason either. Would be better than a rookie coach I suppose.
He is one of the more vanilla options out there. Nothing wrong with Vanilla, it's a mainstay in lots of deserts, but it doesn't really get you excited.

• Haha
Reactions: BigRig4

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Really I don't mind any of these hires. Evasion, Berube, Quenville would all be good. Quenville was on a podcast defending himself, if you do a big PR episode with him in the next month or so, he could really bring out the talent in our top guys. Any of those 3 give us a legitimate shot at bubble playoffs.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
In Bruce's defense, he also had another contact in Melnyk obviously feeding him drivel to put out, so it was more than just Dorion.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Really I don't mind any of these hires. Evasion, Berube, Quenville would all be good. Quenville was on a podcast defending himself, if you do a big PR episode with him in the next month or so, he could really bring out the talent in our top guys. Any of those 3 give us a legitimate shot at bubble playoffs.
Which podcast? Was it an interesting listen?

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
My personal tiers:

Tier 1: Cooper, Brind'amour, Sullivan,
Tier 2: Berube, Gallant,
Tier 3: Evanson, Woodcroft, Julien
Tier 4: Gruden, Carle, ect.

Wildcard: Quennville

If we get a tier 1, that's fantastic, Tier 2 and 3 are close in my mind but I have a distinct preference. Tier 4 would leave me disappointed, but recognizing there is still potential there. Quennville I'd stay away from even if he was reinstated, he may very well be the best coach among them, but this team doesn't need more distractions, and he'd be a big one.
Agreed wholeheartedly. We need a drama-free offseason so that these guys can come to camp day 1 and focus on being a playoff team.

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Zero chance Cooper and Brindamour will be available so no point in even having that discussion

Maybe a slight chance Sullivan is fired if Keefe is let go in Toronto, because of the Dubas connection

On that note, a big no to Sheldon Keefe if is name ever arises here

If Quenneville is reinstated I can't picture him coming to a Canadian market

My rankings would be something like

1.Berube
2.Gallant
3.Mclellan
4.Julien
5.Evason

No thanks to Boudreau, Woodcroft or Keefe

Absolutely no to Gruden

Last edited:

Ad