GDT: Game 48: Blue Monsters @ Panthers, 7PM EST

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I think you’re underselling what he did. Yes to IC and ID but Bob is playing like a weak 1G. Took risks on Wennberg and Duclair, added Nuti who has now found his way and recently Bennett. I think Gusev will fit for them.

Wennberg, Duclair and Nuti are ex CBJ players probably making less than 10% of the cap combined as players. Is that a risk? And we all knew, much less Zito knew, that these guys were servicable players as they were on his previously team. Just because you don't like Wennbergs game doesn't mean he isn't a servicable player that can help your team win games. He looks like he's doing just that in Florida.

Wasn't trying to "undersell" him. But he does have all those pieces and I never mentioned Huberdeau either. He walked into a pretty nice gig. That's all I'm trying to say.

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
Think the Korpi reactions going on are a little much. It's gotta be demoralizing knowing the lack of effort the team in front of you is going to put up each night.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Jared Boll being our skills coordinator is both fitting and funny for this team.

No offense to Boller of course. But lol

I am more of a casual follower, so I must have missed this somewhere. I had to look this up to see if you were joking. You weren't. Boll in charge of development. That explains Domi, I guess.

Decided to check out the rest of the staff. Looking at our coaching page is hilarious.

Even more funny to me is that Rick Nash (Special Assistant to the Regional Manager) - a guy who once requested a trade out of Columbus, is in charge of "player recruitment."

Irony is ironical sometimes. This organization needs a total house cleaning. Bring in the best of the best - not the former players who need jobs.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
O.K. Roslovic`s line... out. But Atkinson and Bjorkstrand have assists for assists. The Texier`s line I don`t know, it`s a pity Tex often doesn`t see partners. Laine although isn`t ideal he realy tries and created several chances. Matteau tries but that`s all.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
O.K. Roslovic`s line... out. But Atkinson and Bjorkstrand have assists for assists. The Texier`s line I don`t know, it`s a pity Tex often doesn`t see partners. Laine although isn`t ideal he realy tries and created several chances. Matteau tries but that`s all. The 3th and the 4th are good but doesn`t have a skill. Btw I would trie:

Bjorkstrand--MacInnis--Laine
Stenlund--Texier--Dalpe
Robinson--Roslovic--Atkinson
Matteau--Dunne--Sherwood

the Huberdau--Bennett--Duclair is excelent.
Unfortunately no matter how you line them up, salvaging this current roster is captured in the old saying “it’s like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic,”

Reactions: Byrral

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Unfortunately no matter how you line them up, salvaging this current roster is captured in the old saying “it’s like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic,”
Maybe, but I don't want to lose like that. And I'm sad that Atkinson doesn't seem to be fighting at all, just like Roslovic, it looks like he's completely happy with a lucky assist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad