Post-Game Talk: GAME #47 - Canucks 5, Panthers 1 | See you when we see you, Bobby Lu

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I don’t f***ing care we took a penalty. Finally some god damn backbone

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
You don't remember the segment do you? McLean called Burr a diver and when people got mad he showed a seemingly endless video montage of Burrows dives that was scathing. As a result most Canuck fans hate him which is typical. McLean has arguably done more to promote hockey in Canada (especially youth hockey) than almost anyone. Burrows was a diving lying rat who, apart from a few big goals, made the whole team look bad.

I feel sorry for you

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
You don't remember the segment do you? McLean called Burr a diver and when people got mad he showed a seemingly endless video montage of Burrows dives that was scathing. As a result most Canuck fans hate him which is typical. McLean has arguably done more to promote hockey in Canada (especially youth hockey) than almost anyone. Burrows was a diving lying rat who, apart from a few big goals, made the whole team look bad.

can i dislike him for being an uncharismatic dork instead

Reactions: geebaan

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I'm stoked that Green has demoted Guddy and promoted Stecher. This should be one foot out the door for Gudbranson (and Pouliot). No way this pairing stays together the rest of the season. It's already a disaster 5 minutes into the game. Biega will get in soon enough.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I'm stoked that Green has demoted Guddy and promoted Stecher. This should be one foot out the door for Gudbranson (and Pouliot). No way this pairing stays together the rest of the season. It's already a disaster 5 minutes into the game. Biega will get in soon enough.
Honestly if we can get anything for Gudbranson in a trade we shouldn't scratch him. This team loves scratching guys while we're trying to move them and all it does is gutter their value

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

No, Burrows had the nerve to - correctly - question the competency and agenda of a referee who completely manufactured calls, and MacLean launched into a complete and unprecedented character assassination of the sort we’ve never seen before or since.

Why has MacLean never done this to Brad Marchand? And do you think he would ever have done it to a Maple Leaf?

Anyhow, that’s only part of it. I can’t stand his smarmy, fake, schmaltzy, name-dropping, appeal-to-Grandmas persona.

whoshouse

Aug 13, 2004

Even Don Cherry said Ron didn't like Burrows. It was a hit piece. Maclean didn't even want to believe that Auger told Burrows he was going to "get him back"

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

Burrows called out Auger, and on the following Hockey Night in Canada McLean conducted his take-down, which was no endless montage, but did include a clip that he narrated, providing an entirely made-up version of what Burrows was saying to the trainer. It seems you're the one with the faulty memory.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
This team is quite vanilla without Pettersson, it's the unfortunate truth. Canucks need to acquire someone like Panarin.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Oh lord, they're just playing hot potato with the puck. Neither one has the aptitude to make a play out of their zone.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Boeser has been injuring people with his shot lately, looks like his power is coming back.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Pettersson, Hughes, Boeser, Horvat, Demko as all regulars in the line-up would be enough to keep my interest in Canucks for an entire season.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Guds fighting little people now

I should have seen the bright side, at least he can’t be on the ice for 5 minutes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad