GDT: Game 47: Avs @ Jets | Monday January 18th, 6pm MTN | Holiday Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Said it before they started playing a large majority of these divisional games that all they needed to do was win within the division to make the playoffs, and look where they sit...

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Zads overthinking too much out there. Need him to just relax a bit and trust his instincts. You cannot turn the puck over that close to the blue line homie. He was fine otherwise. Lemme say though this Bigras kid is something. Another solid game from him. Looks better each game he plays in.

He's playing a little timid and it's obvious. Beauch gave him a little slash in front of the net to get him engaged halfway through the third I believe. He's really good but it's like he's playing not to get sent down again. He could have easily skated the puck up ice at the end there but he probably didn't want to make a rush. Hopefully Roy and the defensive coaches are keeping him close.

Bigras was very good but he had some hiccups as well. When he pinched in down low? Wow. His instincts are very good. I really like his stick work defensively as well as his passing.

Both of them should not be sent down in my eyes. We've looked better with them in the lineup. We're a transition team and these two can move the puck very well themselves and make great outlet and transition passes.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He's playing a little timid and it's obvious. Beauch gave him a little slash in front of the net to get him engaged halfway through the third I believe. He's really good but it's like he's playing not to get sent down again. He could have easily skated the puck up ice at the end there but he probably didn't want to make a rush. Hopefully Roy and the defensive coaches are keeping him close.

Bigras was very good but he had some hiccups as well. When he pinched in down low? Wow. His instincts are very good. I really like his stick work defensively as well as his passing.

Both of them should not be sent down in my eyes. We've looked better with them in the lineup. We're a transition team and these two can move the puck very well themselves and make great outlet and transition passes.

Wait until you see both of them on a PP, Bigras moves the puck so fast and Z just unloads bombs. But I know, baby steps.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Another fun stat

Avs are tied for 5th in the League for ROW, and tied for 4th in the Conference, and tied for 3rd in the Division as well.

STL is the other one with 23 ROW, we have one more than Minnesota now.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Wait until you see both of them on a PP, Bigras moves the puck so fast and Z just unloads bombs. But I know, baby steps.

This is where I think they could cut Beauch's minutes a little. That minute plus he got on the power play should go to Zadorov IMO.

Beauch played over 27 minutes, over 3 minutes short handed, and just over a minute on the power play.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Watched bits and pieces of the game... Zads still looks green, overall I'm happy he's here and it's better than the usual suspects but his game is erratic. It's the equivalent of varly's happy feet years back.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Watched bits and pieces of the game... Zads still looks green, overall I'm happy he's here and it's better than the usual suspects but his game is erratic. It's the equivalent of varly's happy feet years back.

I see it staying that way for a while. It's going to take time.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Roy was using that pairing against the Jets top line, so it's not really surprising I guess. Bigras didn't see much ice in last 10 unfortunately.

Zadorov was really effective for the most part in that role. Like most of the team, they sat back too much in the third and let the Jets control the play.

I think Roy probably doesn't mind easing Bigras into the NHL with a reduced role like he did MacKinnon, but I also think his lack of minutes probably have more to do with limiting Redmond's ice time than his. Bigras has looked real calm, and made a lot of nice plays under pressure. I bet once EJ gets back, if they are paired together, we'll see him get a much bigger role.

He's really played well his last two games. He's only going to get better and more comfortable.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think Roy probably doesn't mind easing Bigras into the NHL with a reduced role like he did MacKinnon, but I also think his lack of minutes probably have more to do with limiting Redmond's ice time than his. I bet once EJ gets back, if they are paired together, we'll see him get a much bigger role.

He's really played well his last two games. He's only going to get better and more comfortable.

This is what I'm wondering as well, you really cannot give Bigras much without raising Redmonds minutes as well, and that is just stoking the tire fire lol.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
When EJ returns, he's probably back with Beauchemin. So both Zadorov and Bigras will probably be playing limited minutes and it's entirely possible that one of them isn't playing in the NHL at all.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs have played 23 games since Dec 1st. Hopefully the all star break will help them rest up a bit.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
BTW, is EJ ever coming back? He suffered some injury no one saw and I think he has already been out longer than Roy said he would be at the time.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Avs-bench-January-18-2016-300x200.jpg

Post-game audio: Coach Roy, Jarome Iginla, Semyon Varlamov & Carl Soderberg

To listen click here.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
When EJ returns, he's probably back with Beauchemin. So both Zadorov and Bigras will probably be playing limited minutes and it's entirely possible that one of them isn't playing in the NHL at all.

The only reason why I think Roy would keep both of them up is because he really hasn't show loyalty to Redmond as much as he did with Guenin. Redmond got scratched quite a few times, and when he did play, Roy would sit him for a whole period the odd time. I'm not expecting him to keep both kids up, but I haven't ruled it out.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Zadorov is playing more than Bigras and in heavier situations, matchup wise, than he's probably ready for. It's not surprising he would get exposed a bit. All things considered, he's doing a fine job with what they're asking him to do.

I really hope Z and Bigras stay in the lineup when EJ returns. Both can play the right side, so it's not an issue. It's just up to Roy to make the right call. If Roy is willing to use Redmond with Bigras, whose pretty erratic himself, then he should at least try Z and Bigras for a game b

EJ was skating full speed before the Avs left on the trip. Until they get to practice, we won't know where he's at, but I'm not sure it's far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad