[FIELDSET="Location"]
330px-MTS_CENTRE_b.jpg
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Lineups and Info"]
DWSilIB.jpg
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Tunes"]
[/FIELDSET]

Sorry for the super early GDT - something came up that I wouldn't be available most of the day tomorrow so I figured better early than really late.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Another big test for the two young D men. They've been up for two games now. Bigras looked nervous in the first one, while Z looked pretty solid. Second game, Z looked pretty poor and scared to make a mistake, while Bigras looked solid with and without the puck. Wonder what we'll see game 3 from them?

The Jets forwards can be a handful for the Avs, and they're playing well right now. This will be a sink or swim type of game for the two youngsters. Really hoping for a bounce back game from big Z, not another poor one.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Zads wasn't overall bad enough to have played poorly. He made a few mistakes but his overall defensive play is still solid.

When the team goes off the radar for a few days, especially when the DP pretends to cover them from home I feel like we can't really count in anything to go on with the lineup. EJ is not on the trip but I wouldn't assume both kids get to play either. Roy is going to be pretty desperate to win this one.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I would be surprised if they sit either of the kids just yet. This will be a good test to see how they play against a heavy team. I am predicting a tough loss this time (mainly because every time I guess a win, they lose).

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
This is the kind of game Zadorov is going to love, and where he's really going to show his importance to this team moving forward. The Jets love to hit, I have no doubt in my mind he's going to be hitting everything in sight tonight.

I don't care how we win, just win. Central games mean so much more especially in the thick of a playoff race. 4 point swing here, hope Varly comes ready to go.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
If Patrick reviews last game with a clear head, he won't be sitting either of the rookies.

- We dominated the game.
- We were rarely pinned deep in our zone.
- Both of the young D played well, particularly Bigras.
- Our PP let us down, and that's where Roy was playing Iginla, Tanguay, Comeau, etc.
- Columbus scored on a fluke goal.

The defense, and specifically the two young dudes, had nothing to do with us losing that hockey game. I believe a subjective review would identify that.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hopefully the great record against the Central continues. Also, hopefully Hellebuyck was drinking last night. He goooood.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
Go Avs.. we need goals simple addition skills all that is needed to show us that...
I am glad that we are more a team than ever.. hope we get a good pre break push.... these next 6 are super important and can set us up for success or failure....
^ wins sets us up to push hard for a good po spot.. 6 losses for a good draft pick! lol

Go avs ...
I am concerned about seeing another varly meltdown game, and thing we lose big, but my heart says we rebound big... so a big win for some one ... hope it is us
6 2 won by the team that will make the playoffs

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
If Patrick reviews last game with a clear head, he won't be sitting either of the rookies.

- We dominated the game.
- We were rarely pinned deep in our zone.
- Both of the young D played well, particularly Bigras.
- Our PP let us down, and that's where Roy was playing Iginla, Tanguay, Comeau, etc.
- Columbus scored on a fluke goal.

The defense, and specifically the two young dudes, had nothing to do with us losing that hockey game. I believe a subjective review would identify that.

Understatement of the century...our PP has been "letting us down" all season.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Yes Colorado's PP is 8th in % but are third in goals with 32 (tied with Dallas).

It's not a bad unit.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
And I think we have the first two games of the season, as well as the 4 PPG game against SJ, to thank for that. It's dreadful.

But those games still happened. It's like when somebody scores 30 goals on the season and someone argues "well if they didn't have those two blowout games where player x scored hatricks in each he would only have 24 goals." Well yeah but those games did happen.

It's a powerplay. Outside of Jagr/Mario in the 90's there's no powerplay that's great every game. Some games are great and some games aren't. That's why the percentage takes every game into consideration. As sloppy as ours look some games it's fantastic in others. You're never going to perfect a powerplay. Ours was bad last game though for sure.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
But those games still happened. It's like when somebody scores 30 goals on the season and someone argues "well if they didn't have those two blowout games where player x scored hatricks in each he would only have 24 goals." Well yeah but those games did happen.

It's a powerplay. Outside of Jagr/Mario in the 90's there's no powerplay that's great every game. Some games are great and some games aren't. That's why the percentage takes every game into consideration. As sloppy as ours look some games it's fantastic in others. You're never going to perfect a powerplay. Ours was bad last game though for sure.

Why are jokes made that "they should just decline the PP, it'll ruin the momentum..."? (rhetorical question)

My point was that a handful of games where it REALLY clicked doesn't make up for it looking rather pathetic the majority of the rest of the time. Didn't it have a span of going 20+ PP attempts without a goal this season? The Avs' PP tends to go on lengthy dry spells, and it absolutely lets the team down. There's been a couple of games this season where having only 1 PPG would have won the game for the Avs.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Why are jokes made that "they should just decline the PP, it'll ruin the momentum..."?

My point was that a handful of games where it REALLY clicked doesn't make up for it looking rather pathetic the majority of the rest of the time. Didn't it have a span of going 20+ PP attempts without a goal this season? The Avs' PP tends to go on lengthy dry spells, and it absolutely lets the team down.

We also just ended a month span which was talked about last week which was the best in the league. If you expect consistency out of a powerplay you aren't going to get it unless you have guys like Ovechkin, Seguin and Tarasenko who can snipe corners from anywhere. You look at every powerplay across the league and you will see dry spells and hot streaks. And yes, they're to the extremes which this team goes.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
And I think we have the first two games of the season, as well as the 4 PPG game against SJ, to thank for that. It's dreadful.

scratch the first two games of the season and it's still above average. remove the sharks game too and it drops to below average/bad. if one does the same for any other good pps in the league (save maybe the caps) and we get the same.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
scratch the first two games of the season and it's still above average. remove the sharks game too and it drops to below average/bad. if one does the same for any other good pps in the league (save maybe the caps) and we get the same.

Plus it isn't fair to drop 3 great games and not drop 3 awful games.

Colorado has had the 2nd most powerplays in the NHL. They've been on the pp 156 times. The team has played 46 games. 3 games isn't the only reason they're a top 10 pp team.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Kinda OT but Chamber mentioned how if we would have kept ROR we might have been able to trade him for Seth Jones and I thought that actually kind of makes sense.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Kinda OT but Chamber mentioned how if we would have kept ROR we might have been able to trade him for Seth Jones and I thought that actually kind of makes sense.

Only in Chambers land where hindsight actually applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad