GDT: Game #47 - 01.27.15 - at Montreal - 6:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

Idk, I mean it kind of get it. Kari's looking to the guy who passed the puck and all the sudden it was bounced right into the goalmouth where he wasn't ready. It does though reinforce that Kari's been struggling mightily with tracking this year, as compared to year's past.

I also dont feel this goal was easy to stop. I mean, it took a weird bounce off the ice as well and seemed to change direction slightly when it took that bounce. So I dont think this would be an easy goal to stop for any goalie.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
I also dont feel this goal was easy to stop. I mean, it took a weird bounce off the ice as well and seemed to change direction slightly when it took that bounce. So I dont think this would be an easy goal to stop for any goalie.

He's no Price though. That's for sure. He's just not getting it done no matter what way you cut it. Most nights he's losing the goaltending battle no matter who is at the other end. We need way better goaltending.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

He's no Price though. That's for sure. He's just not getting it done no matter what way you cut it. Most nights he's losing the goaltending battle no matter who is at the other end. We need way better goaltending.

Oh I agree on that. He was never Price. I do think Lehtonen played much better last season. He seems to have lost some confidence this season and really needs to put together a few good games.

I think playing against Ottawa, who doesnt score a ton, could be a good starting point for him. I still think he can bounce back a bit in the 2nd half here...especially if Nill can add 1 good defensive dman like Methot at the deadline...and waive Jordie Benn of course!

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
It seems to me Kari has already had multiple slumps and mini bounce backs for a few good games this year. Its just never consistent or long lasting, probably in either direction good or bad. He is having a box of chocolates type season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad