GDT: Game #47 - 01.27.15 - at Montreal - 6:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
What I hate the most is that we've had two goals in the past two games that would not have happened if a single defenseman had tried clearing the crease. Those are the goals I hate seeing the most because it's such an easy fix. Leaving someone to shove their ass in your goalie's face unchallenged is inexcusable.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Who on our roster could possibly clear the crease?!

No kidding, right?! This was a very, very frustrating game to watch. Another softy by "Lehtinitin", the wrong guy getting about 10 scoring chances(Eaves), and Seguin's hit post...killing me. Just killing me. It's too late to tank, and too late in the season for this kind of crap too. Why the hell did they have Jordie out there killing a 4-3? Ruff just makes me wonder sometimes in the personnel choices department.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Beyond frustrating. How the **** can Ruff keep playing Jordie, like wake up I don't understand. Our PP is atrocious, please fire Fraser already. What is Nill waiting for???

On the bright side, I was able to make it on TV during the warmups, get a puck from Fids, and get a sweet selfie of Segs. All in all it was a great experience, unfortunately the loss soured it for me.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
As much as we should have won that game, we were so lazy on some part of the game...

Jordie has to leave...he doesn't belong in this league.

Lethonen is good IMO, just not great. He's been a huge victim of this atrocious defense.

Spezza had some bright moments is definitely looking better than the first half. I think he has a point streak (maybe not, but he's been producing pretty consistently for the last couple of games), which is a good indication. Really hope he doesn't get injured...

Powerplay was soooooo bad...yes, Spezza wasn't there, but they have to play better than that lol.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Oddly enough, as much as you guys are frustrated with the loss, we are frustrated at how we won. Our season is a broken record...Carey Price, Carey Price, Carey Price.

I feel like I should apologise or something......

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Yeah, last few games certainly stand out for you guys in that regard. I am curious though, statistically speaking, what percentage of the shot total comes from your first line...

Jamie Benn (142) - Tyler Seguin (193) - Colton Sceviour (57)
Erik Cole (72) - Jason Spezza (100) - Ales Hemsky (77)
Antoine Roussel (70) - Cody Eakin (87) - Ryan Garbutt (88)
Travis Moen (15) - Vernon Fiddler (73) - Shawn Horcoff (49)

Patrik Eaves (32)
Brett Ritchie (21)
Curtis McKenzie (17)
Travis Morin (10)
Valeri Nichushkin (2)
Defense (77,58,51,41,38,28,16,16,10,5,3,1)

so 392 out of 1,449 or 27%.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
Jamie Benn (142) - Tyler Seguin (193) - Colton Sceviour (57)
Erik Cole (72) - Jason Spezza (100) - Ales Hemsky (77)
Antoine Roussel (70) - Cody Eakin (87) - Ryan Garbutt (88)
Travis Moen (15) - Vernon Fiddler (73) - Shawn Horcoff (49)

Patrik Eaves (32)
Brett Ritchie (21)
Curtis McKenzie (17)
Travis Morin (10)
Valeri Nichushkin (2)
Defense (77,58,51,41,38,28,16,16,10,5,3,1)

so 392 out of 1,449 or 27%.

Wow. Seems like 50% of the shots came from the top line last night. They were everywhere !

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I'm one of the biggest Benn supporters around. Something looks "off" with him this year (not this game specifically). It isn't something I would bring up on the main boards but whatever mystery injury he's dealing with would seem a likely explanation for why he doesn't look as physical or dominating out there. Aside from that one might guess he just isn't trying as hard, which wouldn't seem to jive with the better part of his career. Unless it comes to a head before then, I figure we will find out something interesting during the offseason.

All that being said, it's pretty awesome when one of your star players seems iffy physically and is still on pace for 70+ points.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'm one of the biggest Benn supporters around. Something looks "off" with him this year (not this game specifically). It isn't something I would bring up on the main boards but whatever mystery injury he's dealing with would seem a likely explanation for why he doesn't look as physical or dominating out there. Aside from that one might guess he just isn't trying as hard, which wouldn't seem to jive with the better part of his career. Unless it comes to a head before then, I figure we will find out something interesting during the offseason.

All that being said, it's pretty awesome when one of your star players seems iffy physically and is still on pace for 70+ points.

I really like how he looked in this game and I'm hoping that the week off helped. I think it's possible that he was going to sit out for a bit hence Ruff actually talking about his injury but then we won a few games and got back in the playoff picture so he's just been playing through it. Hopefully he's doing better now and it won't be a factor anymore but given our ****** injury luck this season I'm not too optimistic.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
I had to miss this one. Saw we had a ton of shots. Is this another that we played outplayed them and still lost? How was Kari?

MetalGodAOD*

You need to watch the first goal against. It was one of the worst goals allowed by an NHL goalie this year.

Idk, I mean it kind of get it. Kari's looking to the guy who passed the puck and all the sudden it was bounced right into the goalmouth where he wasn't ready. It does though reinforce that Kari's been struggling mightily with tracking this year, as compared to year's past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad