GDT: Game 46: Colorado Avalanche vs Montreal Canadiens 7:00pm EST SN, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I can see the score being 5-3 Colorado.
Habs do not have the horses to contain Mackinnon and Rantanen

The team came out flat in about every games since they came back from that good December road trip.
New lines, Return home for a terrible game.....they should at least come out stronger.

Islanders lost their game this Afternoon and are playing Tampa tomorrow....and Tampa is facing Buffalo tonight.
Could be a huge 2 points for the Habs...but i agree with you, we don't have the D to stop that big line....forwards will need to score.

Reactions: Tyson

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Danault is our first center tonight

Shake my freaking head

I do not like the looks of that first line, having gallagher and drouin together will make drouin look even lazier by comparison. he's sooo lazy its for sure his lazieness will rub off on gallagher before gallagher's work ethic rubs off on Drouin,

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I would have loved this top 9

Drouin-Kk-Tatar
Lehkonen-Domi-Gallagher
Byron-Danault-Armia

yeah giving our budding young center the responsibility of shutting down the best line in the league probably isn't the greatest idea. Saddling him with drouin makes it even worse.

Reactions: HKbleu

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Not saying i would take Ghetto ahead of any of the players i mentioned, but demonizing him like he's a scrub is a bit much considering he is not any worst than many of our players.
objectively ? perhaps. but if he doesnt fit in, having him rot in the pressbox isnt a panacea either. He's another DLR, a guy with some upside that simply never could find and hold his spot on a team with pretty weak comparables.

are we gonna lament losing barberio as well ? I'm ecstatic he's gone.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So, when I asked at the start of the thread if there was anyone still pining for Sven I now have an answer. Yes, desperately so.

So you get that because I disagree with your way of seeing this deal? So YOU bring Ghetto....we respond to you, and WE are the ones pining for Sven? You don't think that the people you had to be looking for are the ones who would bring him without being asked to? If so....are you looking for....yourself?

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Danault is our first center tonight

Shake my freaking head

He'll need a place that offers sanctuary, if this keeps up. :sarcasm:

KoLk11D.jpg

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
objectively ? perhaps. but if he doesnt fit in, having him rot in the pressbox isnt a panacea either. He's another DLR, a guy with some upside that simply never could find and hold his spot on a team with pretty weak comparables.

are we gonna lament losing barberio as well ? I'm ecstatic he's gone.

Personally I'm neither ecstatic nor saddened when these types of players come and go. Usually just hope the next one's better and finally works out.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So you get that because I disagree with your way of seeing this deal? So YOU bring Ghetto....we respond to you, and WE are the ones pining for Sven? You don't think that the people you had to be looking for are the ones who would bring him without being asked to? If so....are you looking for....yourself?

It's on our pro scouting people. Same who concurrently with Martinsen, recommended Ott and King and later, Lolzner and Streit. And they're still here.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Personally I'm neither ecstatic nor saddened when these types of players come and go. Usually just hope the next one's better and finally works out.
after watching barberio be possibly the softest player in the nhl night after night, when he and the team parted ways I might have danced a jig if I remember right. other players I can see as us taking a flyer on them and if it doesnt work out, it doesnt work out.

barberio was not one of them

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It's on our pro scouting people. Same who concurrently with Martinsen, recommended Ott and King and later, Lolzner and Streit. And they're still here.
Therein lies the biggest problem with this current management team, nepotism

Reactions: Runner77

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
KK not ready AT ALL for first line duties. And Tatar is not a RW.

So when you say this, what's the downside if we did play KK there?

We'd lose? Give up tons of goals? Not score any goals? Are we already doing those three things?

It's easy to say "he's not ready", but we as a franchise have been way too conservative for a very, very long time always waiting for everything to be "just right". Maybe it's time to try something different?

We should just assume we're not going to be a cup contending team this year and focus on developing chemistry with the forwards who we've identified as our core moving forward namely Drouin, Domi and Kotkaniemi. IMHO those three should be playing together in as much as possible in whatever line combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad