GDT: Game 46: Colorado Avalanche vs Montreal Canadiens 7:00pm EST SN, TVA, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
RcZCFAh.jpg

tTIcQsi.jpg

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
He is nothing special but trading him for Martisnsen is a head scratcher.

Its the kind of low risk low reward move I don't have a problem making. You know ghetto isn't working out here, you flip him for another low value player hoping a change of scenery is all he needs. Didn't work out in the end, but I remember a lot of people on this board were pretty happy with Martinsen to start.

Reactions: Tyson

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Where's Martinsen? Oh yeah, gone with zero return.

I swear, it seems asset management is too complex for some posters to grasp.

Asset management doesn't just mean squeezing every low value asset you have, desperately hoping they turn out okay as you watch their value go to nothing. Not every move will work out, but that shouldn't stop you from trying. Better to have made an attempt.

Reactions: Heffyhoof

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Asset management doesn't just mean squeezing every low value asset you have, desperately hoping they turn out okay as you watch their value go to nothing. Not every move will work out, but that shouldn't stop you from trying. Better to have made an attempt.

Martinsen was a pretty piss poor attempt, notice the other guy is still on the roster & in the lineup.

Reactions: Runner77

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Martinsen was a pretty piss poor attempt, notice the other guy is still on the roster & in the lineup.

Colorado is possibly the shallowest non-Edmonton team in the league. If we had played Andrighetto in 20+ games this year our board would be livid. Would you really want Ghetto over guys we are scratching every night like Hudon and Peca? I'm glad we made the trade as opposed to not. We tried Martinsen, it didn't work, its done. Better than clinging to a non-NHL player because we can't bare the though of losing a non-asset for nothing.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I would have loved this top 9

Drouin-Kk-Tatar
Lehkonen-Domi-Gallagher
Byron-Danault-Armia

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Colorado is possibly the shallowest non-Edmonton team in the league. If we had played Andrighetto in 20+ games this year our board would be livid. Would you really want Ghetto over guys we are scratching every night like Hudon and Peca? I'm glad we made the trade as opposed to not. We tried Martinsen, it didn't work, its done. Better than clinging to a non-NHL player because we can't bare the though of losing a non-asset for nothing.

Pretty strange way of seeing things. So might as well do something than not no matter what we do? How about switching Ghetto for a pick instead? When at the very least you can have the possibility to work with a kid. What is better? A pick no matter where it is with the possibility that you hit something that either plays here, or is traded again, or plays in the AHL...or a Martinsen you just don't need? WE tried him? Was there any indication that it would work out? How it turned out to be is one thing. How it was when it happened is another. There was NO way we would have come up on top. What you are saying is how the AVS fans thought...not us. Ghetto was a fun player to try. Not Martinsen.

Reactions: Runner77

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
They better show up for this one or the fans will get restless mighty quick, and what are the odds we score on a PP? KK with a pair and Habs cruise to a 6-2 blowout. :sarcasm:

Go:habsGo

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I just wanna see goals, regardless of the result. And a powerplay that actually functions.

Some dreams are impossible though

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
So are people still pining for Sven or have they stopped pretending we traded away someone special?

72 points in 178 games : Sven Andrighetto
70 points in 184 games : Artturi Lehkonen
67 points in 200 games : Joel Armia
47 points in 300 games : Nicolas Deslauriers
38 points in 102 games : Charles Hudon

Sure.....Sven isn't a top player by any stretch of the imagination but still, better offensive production that many of our players.

Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
72 points in 178 games : Sven Andrighetto
70 points in 184 games : Artturi Lehkonen
67 points in 200 games : Joel Armia
47 points in 300 games : Nicolas Deslauriers
38 points in 102 games : Charles Hudon

Sure.....Sven isn't a top player by any stretch of the imagination but still, better offensive production that many of our players.

I mean I like Ghetto but why not post this years stats?? He has 6 points in 26 games while Lehkonen has 21 points in 45 games and Armia has 9 in 20.

You can argue that Ghetto is better than Dlo or Hudon and I won't stop you, but those are our 12th and 13th forwards, and I don't think Ghetto would bring anything to our 4th line

Reactions: Deebs

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Pretty strange way of seeing things. So might as well do something than not no matter what we do? How about switching Ghetto for a pick instead? When at the very least you can have the possibility to work with a kid. What is better? A pick no matter where it is with the possibility that you hit something that either plays here, or is traded again, or plays in the AHL...or a Martinsen you just don't need? WE tried him? Was there any indication that it would work out? How it turned out to be is one thing. How it was when it happened is another. There was NO way we would have come up on top. What you are saying is how the AVS fans thought...not us. Ghetto was a fun player to try. Not Martinsen.

I would have been happy with a pick, I doubt one was available. If Martinsen turned into a solid energy fourth liner I would have also been happy. We traded a skill guy who wasn't talented enough for a skill role for an energy guy who didn't have the intangibles for an energy role. I guess where we are differing is in the idea that Sven had or has any value to an NHL team, he didn't. So, when I asked at the start of the thread if there was anyone still pining for Sven I now have an answer. Yes, desperately so.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I mean I like Ghetto but why not post this years stats?? He has 6 points in 26 games while Lehkonen has 21 points in 45 games and Armia has 9 in 20.

You can argue that Ghetto is better than Dlo or Hudon and I won't stop you, but those are our 12th and 13th forwards, and I don't think Ghetto would bring anything to our 4th line

Not saying i would take Ghetto ahead of any of the players i mentioned, but demonizing him like he's a scrub is a bit much considering he is not any worst than many of our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->