GDT: Game 46: Avs @ Blue Jackets | Saturday, January 16th, 5pm MT | Future is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Would I blame all Landy's issues on an injury? No, he needs to be better, but he's beat the hell up, and the Avs aren't going to sit him with the race so tight.

I feel safe assuming it isn't anything major then. I hope Sakic/Roy would be smart about this if it was something major. He definitely looks banged up though.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Well, on the bright side, Bigras continued to look consistent out there. Again, not against a great team, but he made some good plays and stayed smart with his positioning, checks, and stick work. Zadorov showed some lumps, but I hope nobody expected there to be no growing pains from him at the NHL level. He made some good defensive plays too.

Most of the loss rests on the forwards not converting those scoring chances. They were there. Just in the third, Duchene missed on a great chance, and the play with MacKinnon and Tanguay where the puck was loose in the crease would have been an easy goal if MacKinnon hadn't overskated the play. Add in one bad bounce and that's a goose egg on the points for the night.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That's fine but you're the first person that said that to me. Everyone just keeps saying TMV said Landeskog was injured and I'm trying to track down the post or whatever it was he said it in but it makes sense now. Thanks.

I also seen something on his shoulder (under his shirt) during an interview, when he pulled his collar back. Didn't think anything of it beyond maybe one of those heat pads for soreness until TMV came out and said he was actually injured.

It was clearly wrapped or something like that.

Edit : Personally you can see the issues with his shot/pass strength, and generally controlling the puck skating up the ice or receiving passes. It seems like one arm, (the arm low on his stick) is weak IMO.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Theres no easy games in this league abd uts going to gwt harder but its a very buge concern that this team is vrutal against teams lower than them in the standings

tmv had the scoop and it seems legit. I agree tbat if its that bas tbat he needs to be ahur down before ir gets worse. Hes not doing himself or the team any favkrs by playing through it.

Its like a Varly interview when I have a sketchy feed

:laugh:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I feel safe assuming it isn't anything major then. I hope Sakic/Roy would be smart about this if it was something major. He definitely looks banged up though.

He's probably trying to grit it out because he's the captain and he doesn't want to set the example of sitting out when he could be playing. It's hockey. Is that the right decision? Maybe, but only he knows how badly he's hurt and how much it's slowing him down.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
With Landy, I have no idea what it actually is, but if it's something that can't get better with just rest and can't get worse by playing then there isn't much else he's going to do but play through it.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Landy still contributes though on both sides of the ice.

We have Martinsen, Tanguay, etc all in the lineup who provide less even when healthy. Perhaps the Avs coaches should start there before sitting the Captain.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Martinsen will have the occasional big hit or shift where he uses his big body to control the puck but I don't think he's good. Pretty useless most of the time IMO.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If they trade for anything it needs to be someone who can play LW, now and in the future.

We have nothing in the pipe and nothing outside of Landeskog, and McLeod there.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Landy still contributes though on both sides of the ice.

We have Martinsen, Tanguay, etc all in the lineup who provide less even when healthy. Perhaps the Avs coaches should start there before sitting the Captain.

Are any of those players considered part of the core? Landeskog is one of the big three on this team, and he is supposed to be helping Duchene and Mack carry the team, which he is not. If he was contributing as much as you say he is, this many people would not be complaining about him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
tmv had the scoop and it seems legit. I agree tbat if its that bas tbat he needs to be ahur down before ir gets worse. Hes not doing himself or the team any favkrs by playing through it.

32 points in 41 games despite playing so terrible (61pt pace). We still need that production given how ****** our winger depth is.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Are any of those players considered part of the core? Landeskog is one of the big three on this team, and he is supposed to be helping Duchene and Mack carry the team, which he is not. If he was contributing as much as you say he is, this many people would not be complaining about him.

32 points in 41 games despite playing so terrible (61pt pace). We still need that production given how ****** our winger depth is.

I like how these two posts are back to back, lmao

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I rarely check the stats so I was surprised to see Landeskog on pace for a career high in points the other day. He is hurting the team at times with his play but still producing.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Wagner should get some credit too for playing two solid games after rotting away for a month.

Yes. He's a good fit in that role and probably never should have come out in the first place. Grigorenko should be in the lineup too but he doesn't do much as a 4th line center. Hopefully he'll get back in at LW on a scoring line.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Not really a fan of Roy's comments, but didn't expect anything different.

Pretty much the 'unlucky' sometimes the better team loses type blah blah...

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I rarely check the stats so I was surprised to see Landeskog on pace for a career high in points the other day. He is hurting the team at times with his play but still producing.

His play is more 45 point pace. He rarely shoots and if he does it's muffins. So much of his offense is based on shots normally where it creates rebounds and weird bounces. His passes are off too and even the hitting isn't what it should be. He's trying to play the body but there isn't the force we normally see.

His skating looks better than at the start of the year when he couldn't keep his balance, but he's not good with the puck this year. Combine it with playing with Comeau who is not good with the puck and you are basically hoping for that line to go 0-0 on the night.

I'm not going to second guess his/Roy's decision to keep playing him. Players can play through some handicapping shoulder stuff, such as a torn labrum.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yes. He's a good fit in that role and probably never should have come out in the first place. Grigorenko should be in the lineup too but he doesn't do much as a 4th line center. Hopefully he'll get back in at LW on a scoring line.

Pretty much. I'm conflicted, I'd like both to play but really Wagner should not sit that much. If they need to rotate Greg, Wagner and Marty then that's what they should do.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
What did he say? I think the Avs were the better team most of the night.

Pretty short, talked about playing well defensively (impeccable in our own zone), sometimes the bounces don't go your way. We deserved better type stuff. He talked briefly about the last couple minutes, and how they pressured us, and got the bounce needed.

Applauded Pickard as well, said he was happy with him.

Pretty much. I'm conflicted, I'd like both to play but really Wagner should not sit that much. If they need to rotate Greg, Wagner and Marty then that's what they should do.

I like Greg at LW, and Wagner at center if there has to be a choice.

I'm not impressed with either of Martinsen or Tanguay. I feel like Martinsen has gotten a little bit of Bordy love for the big hits, but does not do much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad