GDT: Game 46: Avs @ Blue Jackets | Saturday, January 16th, 5pm MT | Future is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

DUHockey

Dec 15, 2015
Sure at this point why not. He's young, he can play physical and still somehow get the puck in the net. Really that's not a bad idea.

I like that idea to, let the kid use his speed and attack with thos guys. He brings energy to whoever he plays with. If Iggy could have finished that break way last night, he would have had an assist too. It seemed like Iginla was liking playing with Marty and Wagner too.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I agree, the kid finishes every check, drives the net and has speed. 15 games and 4 goals in very limited minutes tells me he should get more ice time, but Roy likes to pigeon hole guys, so he won't.
Wagner is an energy player, not a skill player. If you start to give him more ice time with skilled guys, he'll get exposed. He's perfect where he is.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Wagner is an energy player, not a skill player. If you start to give him more ice time with skilled guys, he'll get exposed. He's perfect where he is.

Same thing with Tanguay and Martinsen, on the getting exposed with more ice time lol.

We're throwing **** at the wall and seeing what sticks here...

Wagner does have better on ice IQ and hands than Marty, still plays physical though and has some speed.

You never know, what if hes got a little McGinn in him?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I love what Wagner brings to the 4th line, but the guy has taken only 15 shots, and yet 4 of them have managed to go in. He's shooting 27% with the Avs. That's not going to keep up.

Luck plays a major role in it. Grigorenko got robbed last week by both Rinne and Crawford. If those go in and nether goalie makes a ridiculous save, Wagner might not even be in the lineup right now.

The solution isn't to put grinders with skill players. Put Grigorenko with top 6 players and he'll produce, like he has every time he's been up there. Get Rantanen up here and we'll look a lot better up front.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I love what Wagner brings to the 4th line, but the guy has taken only 15 shots, and yet 4 of them have managed to go in. He's shooting 27% with the Avs. That's not going to keep up.

Luck plays a major role in it. Grigorenko got robbed last week by both Rinne and Crawford. If those go in and nether goalie makes a ridiculous save, Wagner might not even be in the lineup right now.

The solution isn't to put grinders with skill players. Put Grigorenko with top 6 players and he'll produce, like he has every time he's been up there. Get Rantanen up here and we'll look a lot better up front.

Can't blame me for trying to come up with something that fits Roy's MO, lol... In all fairness

:D

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Unfortunately I don't see this happening the rest of the season unless one of Tanguay/Landeskog gets hurt, and even then I feel like Iginla will be given priority ahead of Grigorenko

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
We are losing games we can't afford to lose. We blink and could be 13th in the conference in an instant.

The next game is against the Jets who are only 2 points behind the Avs and it's in Winnipeg. Don't have a good feeling about that one, think this road trip could end up being devastating for the Avs where they fall behind again and with only 36 or so games left in the game they wont catch up. Gotta stop panicking and losing stupid games like last game and give it all they got.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah, one Comeau is more than enough. Probably one too many already.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Comeau's the one third liner we've got who does well when playing higher up the lineup and doesn't hold his linemates back. He can't pass and takes some dumb penalties; but his forechecking, physicality, defensive game, shot, and ability to carry the puck are helpful. I'm really satisfied with him as a third liner who can play top 6 in a pinch...and in a pinch we most certainly are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad