GDT: Game 46: Avs @ Blue Jackets | Saturday, January 16th, 5pm MT | Future is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well this thread quickly became unreadable.

I think I'd rather go read the trade board

Stop suggesting that each of our players isn't the worst in the NHL and only in the lineup because Roy's an even worse coach than they are players. Don't you know that's not how things are done around here?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Time to convert grigs to LW and shut labdeskof down so he can get his shoulder 100% healed.

What happened to Landeskogs shoulder? I see posts on here of people saying he's playing hurt and it adds up based on the poor delivery on the ice but I've never seen it announced formally that he had been hurt.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Bigras was consistently good through the night. Zads had his highs and lows. Rough first, rough last shift, but was good in between.

The Avs have been the better team both games with them in the lineup. Hope Roy doesn't hook either of them.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Time to convert grigs to LW and shut labdeskof down so he can get his shoulder 100% healed.

It really depends on how long healing is going to take though, like others have said he could be done for the season if it needs surgery.

I'd shut Tanguay down personally, convert Greg to LW, and call up Mikko to play LW as well.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
In moments like this, it helps to look at the big picture. We're still in a playoff race and a lot of the bounces went the Jackets way. Their ice was **** too. Passes just slightly off the mark and such. There's still a long way to go and half the season left. A lot can change. We might even be competing for the division crown at some point this season. This is sports and a game like this teaches Colorado to really bear down on their chances before allowing a team to remain in the game. Sometimes, this is how you develop a winning instinct. On to the next game.

Theres no easy games in this league abd uts going to gwt harder but its a very buge concern that this team is vrutal against teams lower than them in the standings

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It really depends on how long healing is going to take though, like others have said he could be done for the season if it needs surgery.

I'd shut Tanguay down personally, convert Greg to LW, and call up Mikko to play LW as well.

If it's surgery he needs to have it now, regardless of how long t takes. This isn't Shanahan we're talking about who played through a broken hand in the playoffs and was still great. Landeskog is playing terrible and if his shoulder is the reason why he needs to look after it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If it's surgery he needs to have it now, regardless of how long t takes. This isn't Shanahan we're talking about who played through a broken hand in the playoffs and was still great. Landeskog is playing terrible and if his shoulder is the reason why he needs to look after it.

They're trying to make the playoffs, it is what it is... This is the only reason you don't see me complaining about him, unless it directly results in a goal against.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

tmv had the scoop and it seems legit. I agree tbat if its that bas tbat he needs to be ahur down before ir gets worse. Hes not doing himself or the team any favkrs by playing through it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Should be interesting to see what Roy does with the lineup after this, he cannot be happy with the forward group.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
tmv had the scoop and it seems legit. I agree tbat if its that bas tbat he needs to be ahur down before ir gets worse. Hes not doing himself or the team any favkrs by playing through it.

And what's that scoop? I'm not saying it isn't true, I'm just saying I haven't heard it and I'd like to so I can be on the same page as everyone else.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Rantanen will be up as soon as he's healthy. Games like that are why.

Comeau was beyond frustrating with the puck tonight. Do something with it instead of holding onto it.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
We deserved to lose that game. Dominated lots of the play, but Torts had the BJs turn it on in the last 4 minutes. They flipped the switch and wanted to win the game. We didn't match the urgency late.

No blame on Cody there. He is tought to block that shot. The coaches want him blocking shots. Bad hop and in it goes.

We should have finished this game well before that goal. Lots of chances but no killer instinct to put the game away. Awful PPs.

Landeskog and Tanguay were our worst forwards tonight by a mile. Holden forgot he's actually decent now and had a 2014 Holdenesque game.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Agree with everything about Bigras. He looks very good out there.

Sometimes it's hard but I have to keep reminding myself to be patient with these guys, especially with Zadorov. He has the harder match ups right now and he doesn't always think the game at a high level. Hopefully that'll come with experience.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Let me break it down. TMV writes for BSN. BSN has credentials. Do the math. Then decide if you want to believe him or not.

That's fine but you're the first person that said that to me. Everyone just keeps saying TMV said Landeskog was injured and I'm trying to track down the post or whatever it was he said it in but it makes sense now. Thanks.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Would I blame all Landy's issues on an injury? No, he needs to be better, but he's beat the hell up, and the Avs aren't going to sit him with the race so tight.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We deserved to lose that game. Dominated lots of the play, but Torts had the BJs turn it on in the last 4 minutes. They flipped the switch and wanted to win the game. We didn't match the urgency late.

No blame on Cody there. He is tought to block that shot. The coaches want him blocking shots. Bad hop and in it goes.

We should have finished this game well before that goal. Lots of chances but no killer instinct to put the game away. Awful PPs.

Landeskog and Tanguay were our worst forwards tonight by a mile. Holden forgot he's actually decent now and had a 2014 Holdenesque game.

That power play really stands out to me, I defended it last game a bit because it's been better prior. However they're back to absolute chaos beyond the zone entry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad