Post-Game Talk: GAME 46 - A solid 60 minutes - BRUINS 4 Winterpeg 1

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Thought Geekie had an assist on the JDB goal but I guess it was switched to unassisted

Shouldn't have been.

I just try to enjoy every game as an independent event and not let it affect the next one.

In the end, the cup winner is going to play 3-4 times as many regular season games as playoff games. If you can’t enjoy the RS games because you‘re afraid about what will happen in the spring, you’re doing it wrong, IMO.

Excellent take.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Honestly, with how many championships we've had to enjoy in all 4 major sports, it has taken me a while to get back to enjoying the regular season. I found myself turning into a casual fan without ever watching the regular season and dialing in on the playoffs. Past couple years I've gone back to at least attempting to watch all games.

I can see that for sure.

I think we all can agree that what happened in New England from 2000 - 2020 or so will never happen in any city/region again.

Heck, if the B’s or C’s can win it all this spring, we can extend that to a 25 year stretch.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Another great effort, so impressed with this team dealing with the injuries & other things. Bob Essensa has been crucial to this team, we are blessed.
Wait? The Bob Essensa 20% here demanded he be fired after last year playoffs ?

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Wait? The Bob Essensa 20% here demanded he be fired after last year playoffs ?
Anyone who said that is not very hockey smart.
1706021170005.png

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Geekie works hard.
And he wins his battles. All in all, it’s a skill set I didn’t realize he had. He’s been great for possession and he makes snappy decisions with the puck. He’s the type of player who (if his pace picks up with the moment) will be so valuable come playoff time.

He may have not gotten an assist on that goal, but without him, Jake is in no place to take his shots.

Geekie has also become my 3 year old daughter’s favourite player.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
And he wins his battles. All in all, it’s a skill set I didn’t realize he had. He’s been great for possession and he makes snappy decisions with the puck. He’s the type of player who (if his pace picks up with the moment) will be so valuable come playoff time.

He may have not gotten an assist on that goal, but without him, Jake is in no place to take his shots.

I love that he is your daughter's favorite!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

If only he could get a few greasy goals to boost his confidence in that area.

Trouble finishing seems to be his only flaw right now.

I love that he is your daughter's favorite!

He's got a great name for a 3 year-old fan.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Good game last night guys and girls , hopefully we get to play against each other again this year.:naughty: But for beating us last night i hope you all stepped on a Leggo going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.:laugh:
Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you friend, but there are no Legos in my home. But if it makes you feel any better, I did step on a dog bone !!!!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007

If he had just a shade more finish to his game he'd be incredible. Even still, he's been a jack of all trades for this team, and hasn't really looked too out of place with any role they've given him. Over his head a couple times when he was randomly used as a top line center, but it wasn't the worst performance I've ever seen. He's played well enough overall that if they end up needing him in a Peverley pinch, I don't think I would feel all that bad about it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Playing a mental game since Christmas can DeBrusk, Frederic, Heinen, and Geekie as a group average a goal a game rest of season

They gotta be close

Reactions: bruins19

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
The Bruins winning on January 22nd is very personal to me

The LAST thing my Dad saw on this planet was a Bruins goal against the Rangers and died instantly at the old Garden and I was next to him.

I *KNOW* he is still watching
While sad your Dad past away, your Dad must have died very happy after seeing the goal, and having you at his side.

Reactions: pgm16 and bruins19

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Boqvist has been playing C and isn't going anywhere.

The jam they're in is Poitras (RW) can't go to Providence and Beecher can. That's all this is.

But I wouldn't bet against Poitras playing his way out of this. And Beecher will be on the ice in under 30 days. He's callup #1 for an injury.
good info.
i thought poitras could be sent down. because he makes some careless plays out there in the worst areas.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
That was a great win. Sway gets the shutout if not for another careless defensive zone play by Marchand, He made a couple Saturday too,
Both Marshy and Pasta were fighting the puck last nite and to still come away with a 4-1 win is impressive.

Love how Geekie wins every stick battle. Hes very strong with the stick.

Coyle and Debrusk playing their best right now. Hopefully its like this in April/May June

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad