Post-Game Talk: GAME 46 - A solid 60 minutes - BRUINS 4 Winterpeg 1

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I saw the second and third periods. It was a tense, competitive game. The Jets had the better of it. (They had the territorial advantage as Fred Cusick used to say. Today they call it zone time. I prefer territorial advantage. It covers neutral zone too.)
Anyway good games from Geekie,Lauko, and ...Jake. The new line combinations are working so far.)

Btw sorry Jet's fans and admirers, but I think they are a good, not great, team that gets a lot out of coaching and max effort. I don't think they will have another level to get past the second round.) Bruins and Jets play totally different styles, but are similar in talent level and in results....

It is fun to watch. Who would have guessed that he would look OK on the top line?
I am still skeptical and think his play will regress. We shall see. It is fun to see.

Last edited:

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
....Btw sorry Jet's fans and admirers, but I think they are a good, not great, team that gets a lot out of coaching and max effort. I don't think they will have another level to get past the second round.) Bruins and Jets play totally different styles, but are similar in talent level and in results....
So based on your assessment, are there any "great" teams in the league this year? If not Winnipeg, I sure don't see anyone else that blows my doors off and SOMEBODY's gotta make it past the second round.

They've got as good a shot as anyone to win the Cup right now. So do we.

Last edited:

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
So based on your assessment, are there any "great" teams in the league this year? I sure don't see one that blows my doors off and SOMEBODY's gotta make it past the second round.

They've got as good a shot as anyone to win the Cup right now. So do we.
As a matter of fact, with the Avs lacking depth and a little sketchy in goal, NO there aren't any great teams this year. You are wrong. I will say the Jets have a slightly better chance of doing something than us because the West is weak, and they have better coaching.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
As a matter of fact, with the Avs lacking depth and a little sketchy in goal, NO there aren't any great teams this year. You are wrong. I will say the Jets have a slightly better chance of doing something than us because the West is weak, and they have better coaching.
So if you are dead certain that I'm wrong, who are your Cup finalists this year?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
The West is weak? Lol.

And Winnipeg was missing Villardi and Scheifele last night.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Everything stated in this post is just flat out wrong. But that is what happens I guess when you don't watch any games and just the highlights.

Last edited:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Just finished Bruins in 2, overall solid game, Swayman was great as usual, Boqvist had a couple nice opportunities which was nice to see. Pasta seemed a little more distant than his usual self but had some nice passes.

Reactions: Gordoff

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Bruins are a great team. They have freakin 8 losses in regulation.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Trade deadline hasn't hit yet. While the Bruins don't have the capacity to do too much on that front, other teams will, probably including the Jets. Can't fully assess the rosters until they've settled post March 8.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
I forgot to mention the forecheck. It was giving the Jets fits all night long.
Listening to Bowness' presser

Q: What did Boston do well defensively against you?

A: I thought it was more us honestly . . .

Um no. We got to them good at the Peg and the Bruins did a better job tonight

Anyway, hope their breakouts are better against Toronto!

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I wonder with the team as healthy as they are right now, if the tipping point between pretender and legitimate is the play of Jake DeBrusk…

I think DeBrusk, Zacha, Geekie and Frederic are all the X Factor or tipping point guys. You more or less know what you're going to get from Pasta, Coyle and JvR, Marchand is not quite the player he once was but I'd still say he's a pretty safe bet to perform come playoff time. Heinen is always going to give you a solid, responsible effort. His production will come and go but it's not something in itself that the team will be counting on too much. Poitras is probably not in the lineup come opening night of the postseason and if he does play then anything he offers is a bonus.

Which leaves the first 4 players as the really important and variable ones for me in terms of dictating how good or not this team can be offensively. Jake is probably top of that list because he has the most raw talent and the highest upside, even over Zacha. Pavel hasn't quite cemented himself as a top 6 C the way Coyle has. He's had some very good patches but been inconsistent. The Bruins will need him to step up if they want to go far. Frederic has really continued to blossom this year and looks for all the world like a guy who's now reached a next level that he's going to maintain. But I'm still mindful that last playoffs he fell away pretty badly. So still a little question mark there but if he keeps going the way he has that will be very valuable for the Bs. Then Geekie is a high motor player who will go as far as his legs and compete level will take him.

Bruins get great performances out of at least 3 of those guys come the serious stuff, they'll be in pretty decent shape, at least up front. But yeah, I think it's a given that Jake has to be one of them.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Pretty m
I think DeBrusk, Zacha, Geekie and Frederic are all the X Factor or tipping point guys. You more or less know what you're going to get from Pasta, Coyle and JvR, Marchand is not quite the player he once was but I'd still say he's a pretty safe bet to perform come playoff time. Heinen is always going to give you a solid, responsible effort. His production will come and go but it's not something in itself that the team will be counting on too much. Poitras is probably not in the lineup come opening night of the postseason and if he does play then anything he offers is a bonus.

Which leaves the first 4 players as the really important and variable ones for me in terms of dictating how good or not this team can be offensively. Jake is probably top of that list because he has the most raw talent and the highest upside, even over Zacha. Pavel hasn't quite cemented himself as a top 6 C the way Coyle has. He's had some very good patches but been inconsistent. The Bruins will need him to step up if they want to go far. Frederic has really continued to blossom this year and looks for all the world like a guy who's now reached a next level that he's going to maintain. But I'm still mindful that last playoffs he fell away pretty badly. So still a little question mark there but if he keeps going the way he has that will be very valuable for the Bs. Then Geekie is a high motor player who will go as far as his legs and compete level will take him.

Bruins get great performances out of at least 3 of those guys come the serious stuff, they'll be in pretty decent shape, at least up front. But yeah, I think it's a given that Jake has to be one of them.
Pretty much what I was thinking. I'll add to that, if we don't learn to get the puck out of our zone we will be out first round again!

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad