Post-Game Talk: GAME 46 - A solid 60 minutes - BRUINS 4 Winterpeg 1

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The Bruins winning on January 22nd is very personal to me

The LAST thing my Dad saw on this planet was a Bruins goal against the Rangers and died instantly at the old Garden and I was next to him.

I *KNOW* he is still watching
Oh Kevin. I can't imagine.

He was definitely watching for sure. I bet he even helped out a little. ;)

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

The LAST thing my Dad saw on this planet was a Bruins goal against the Rangers and died instantly at the old Garden and I was next to him.

Glad they won this game even more now.Can't see many with a bigger connection to Bruins then you Fenway.God bless your dad .

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Damn, the Bruins took care of business tonight. Great effort up and down the lineup.

I couldn't tell of Demelo's goal was deflected or just beat Swayman. It was shocking to see him give that one up. Other than that, it was as complete a game as the Bruins have played in awhile.
Glad you were there to see the game!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Glad they won this game even more now.Can't see many with a bigger connection to Bruins then you Fenway.God bless your dad .
My parents MET at a Bruins game - That is a strong DNA link

Dad was from Silver Lake in Newton, Mom was from Oak Square Brighton

It was family lore that my Mom dated Eddie Shore - When my mom died Eddie came to the wake.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I wonder with the team as healthy as they are right now, if the tipping point between pretender and legitimate is the play of Jake DeBrusk…
Even when he wasn't scoring earlier in the season, I thought he was still the most consistent forward, and loads of people were piling on. I think his role is different now without krejci or bergeron... Not a complimentary piece, but a line driver and he took some time to figure out how to do both

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005

My mom passed at Mass General on the same day in 2011. Huge Bruins fan. I like to think she somehow helped us win the Cup that year. God bless all the Bruins fans who are watching the games from heaven. I hope the view is good.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
That’s as complete of a game as they’ve had so far this season. I am impressed.

Happy birthday bro !

My mom passed at Mass General on the same day in 2011. Huge Bruins fan. I like to think she somehow helped us win the Cup that year. God bless all the Bruins fans who are watching the games from heaven. I hope the view is good.

Legend has it your mom used the same spoon she used to mix in the kitchen to deflect a goal away at the last moment in some overtime that April….

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Solid is right. The game didn't have a playoff intensity but it was otherwise a playoff style in that it was very tight and structured, two teams putting a premium on defense and giving away very little. A timely reminder that the Bruins can shut things down and play a very sound defensive game when they need to. Need to work on their consistency in that regard, but this was a very good effort. Both teams did well, both goalies were very good, Bruins were just a little sharper and better at taking their chances. Even in the periods when the Jets were on top and pressing, they weren't really able to generate too much to test Swayman.

Everyone was pitching in, really nice distribution of minutes amongst both the forwards and defenders, with only Poitras really getting sheltered a bit, which is probably a little disappointing but understandable in context. Quite different from some of the games not so long ago where Monty was leaning on the top guys a lot and arguably too much. Here he clearly had trust in almost all his players and lines in a game against a strong opponent, so that's pleasing.

Pretty clear what should be top of the Jets' fairly short deadline shopping list - some more top end offensive firepower. The defense is there, strong in net, just need to add some quality scoring. Do that and they're going to take some beating in the west. Good luck to them as far as that goes, they're well coached and play the right way.

Really nice win for the Bs. Keep it rolling.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I wonder with the team as healthy as they are right now, if the tipping point between pretender and legitimate is the play of Jake DeBrusk…
He can certainly be a difference maker when he's on, both in terms of scoring and his relentlessness, and he's certainly on right now. Just stay on please!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad