Post-Game Talk: GAME 46 - A solid 60 minutes - BRUINS 4 Winterpeg 1

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Good game last night guys and girls , hopefully we get to play against each other again this year.:naughty: But for beating us last night i hope you all stepped on a Leggo going to the bathroom in the middle of the night.:laugh:
I’m totally down for a rematch in June. Or several.

That’s up to the Bruins and Jets, though.

Hopefully we meet again.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
That was a solid win, the Jets really wanted that game too. A worthy opponent coming in with a great record and which hadn't allowed more than 3 goals since early October. Impressive. I still think the Lucic situation threw a wrench into the works before Christmas, it was a huge distraction.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Solid win. Swayman was dialed in, the defense played well, really surprised with Wotherspoon he is much better than Mitchell and deserves to stay with the big club. JDB, Coyle and Geekie have been very impressive, I would hang onto all of them and try to get JDB re-signed to a deal that works for both sides.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Thought Geekie had an assist on the JDB goal but I guess it was switched to unassisted

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1706012266119.png

Reactions: bruins19 and BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Even when he wasn't scoring earlier in the season, I thought he was still the most consistent forward, and loads of people were piling on. I think his role is different now without krejci or bergeron... Not a complimentary piece, but a line driver and he took some time to figure out how to do both
I’m assuming Dollar Store Donny sees whet 80% of us do and wants to keep DeBrusk

Hopefully a deal forthcoming

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Another nice game,need to get Debrusk resigned,yes he has up and downs in his offensive game ,but really he has been good defensively most of the time.

Reactions: bruins19

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I know it wasn’t as “entertaining” as the game against Colorado, but IMHO that was a more impressive game for the Bruins than the one against the Avs.

They locked it down defensively and even though SOG’s were low, they were all in on making every chance count against a very strong opponent.

Seems like they have the ability to play multiple different ways on a given night.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
As great as the BRUINS record is so far, they would have to amass 69 points in their remaining 36 game to break last season's point record.
That's how unbelievable that point record was.
Not that it matters and it’s likely the Habs, but I wonder what the record for most points combined over consecutive seasons is?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I freaking love this team. Feel like I've been more negative then I usually am cause of how last season ended, but I'm starting to believe again. And I'm also ready to get hurt again lol.

I just try to enjoy every game as an independent event and not let it affect the next one.

In the end, the cup winner is going to play 3-4 times as many regular season games as playoff games. If you can’t enjoy the RS games because you‘re afraid about what will happen in the spring, you’re doing it wrong, IMO.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
I just try to enjoy every game as an independent event and not let it affect the next one.

In the end, the cup winner is going to play 3-4 times as many regular season games as playoff games. If you can’t enjoy the RS games because you‘re afraid about what will happen in the spring, you’re doing it wrong, IMO.
Honestly, with how many championships we've had to enjoy in all 4 major sports, it has taken me a while to get back to enjoying the regular season. I found myself turning into a casual fan without ever watching the regular season and dialing in on the playoffs. Past couple years I've gone back to at least attempting to watch all games.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Beecher is a good faceoff guy, but he's in Monty's doghouse right now

You were right about Geekie being one of tonight's stars...shows you what I know
I just thought he was real good at winning battles all night, Jake as well.

Coyle being second star is well, lol

Reactions: bobbyorr04

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We look forward to it! Now go beat the leafs back to back, please!
God i hope we do, can't stand how all our Canadian media do is talk about the Leafs. Just wanted to say thanks for the great back and forth on our boards yesterday, it was alot of fun and good laughs. Good luck the rest of the year and man i hope we play against each other again in June.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I'd love to see Beecher in somehow. Maybe put him in at wing instead of Boqvist. I don't know.....

Boqvist has been playing C and isn't going anywhere.

The jam they're in is Poitras (RW) can't go to Providence and Beecher can. That's all this is.

But I wouldn't bet against Poitras playing his way out of this. And Beecher will be on the ice in under 30 days. He's callup #1 for an injury.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I wonder with the team as healthy as they are right now, if the tipping point between pretender and legitimate is the play of Jake DeBrusk…

Jake is supposed to be our 3rd best winger and an anchor for the top 6. I think with 63/88 playing on the same line, Jake going is everything. Line 2 will go as far as Jake goes.

Geekie works hard.

2M steal. I only wish that had been 3 years over 2. He's in line for a biiiiig raise in 2 years. Have to think it'll come from us. Sweeney just stole all these 700k-1M-2M guys this year. Just crystal ball mode. His most impressive offseason ever (and it's not close for me).

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Jake is supposed to be our 3rd best winger and an anchor for the top 6. I think with 63/88 playing on the same line, Jake going is everything. Line 2 will go as far as Jake goes.

2M steal. I only wish that had been 3 years over 2. He's in line for a biiiiig raise in 2 years. Have to think it'll come from us.
It is nice to see Jake playing well. I hope it continues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad