GDT: Game #45: Penguins @ Coyotes | 7:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't know if I've seen a goal like that a few times in 40 years of watching hockey.
What's amazing is the two players involved. This will forever be remembered and follow them for the rest of their life, like that Smith goal on Fuhr.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I thought for sure we would never get back this close to a wild card position. Have to give the boys credit. Showing a lot of leadership and character. The Coyotes still have a tough schedule ahead them.
You said it would take a miracle:)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Well, now that you brought him up, is there a place for Hayton on the team right now?
Yes, because he is good in the dot, and he is the darling of the coaches. It will be interesting to see how he plays when he gets back from injury. His contract is up this year so we should get an idea what BA thinks of him. His last contract, the way it looks was a two year show me contract. He turns 24 in a few months but has played less that 200 NHL games. He is still relatively young and will probably end up a 2 or 3C, where he belongs. We need to find a 1C to play with Keller, but I have no idea how to get one.

You said it would take a miracle:)
I said a miracle to get into the playoffs, and I will stand by that. Are you up for a bet?:nod:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Yes, because he is good in the dot, and he is the darling of the coaches. It will be interesting to see how he plays when he gets back from injury. His contract is up this year so we should get an idea what BA thinks of him. His last contract, the way it looks was a two year show me contract. He turns 24 in a few months but has played less that 200 NHL games. He is still relatively young and will probably end up a 2 or 3C, where he belongs. We need to find a 1C to play with Keller, but I have no idea how to get one.

I said a miracle to get into the playoffs, and I will stand by that. Are you up for a bet?:nod:
A miracle means long odds, so what odds do I get?

I agree with Hayton comments, lets see how he plays when he gets back. I think he will help a ton on D taking tougher assignments and also take key face offs, team D and goal tending will be the key to our success. His point production, we shall see, hope we are still in the playoff hunt in a few weeks.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
That little chip pass by Maccelli with 5 mins left was elite. He knew that if Guenther got a direct pass it likely would have slowed him down to the point a partial breakaway wouldn’t have been possible. Chipping it into open space to allow him to skate into it was a thing of beauty. Sad knowing Tippett would have benched him for not dumping it in. Man I would love another crack at Boedker with this staff.

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
Again this team is just a roller coaster to follow. Great effort by all in this one, Ingram once again using all parts of his body and I mean ALL parts to make some eye watering saves ;)
The PP no shot goal was fun especially as Malkin was the one that fluffed it. Tough road trip ahead but who would bet against these guys not to win at least one and hopefully more.
Go Yotes.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Years past I didn't mind Nash, but I'm at the point where I wish we could get rid of McConnell and him. Always talking, trying to always be funny, home team can hardly do anything wrong, and never talk about the other team players except maybe their stars. We have gotten use to mediocrity.
Careful or he will go prison house rules on you

Reactions: Jakey53

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Years past I didn't mind Nash, but I'm at the point where I wish we could get rid of McConnell and him. Always talking, trying to always be funny, home team can hardly do anything wrong, and never talk about the other team players except maybe their stars. We have gotten use to mediocrity.
Other broadcasts, you can actually learn things about the game. The Coyotes broadcasts are about cliche's and schtick. At a minimum, they need to promote Heethuis to TV as I think he is the only skilled individual in their media space.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I don't know if I've seen a goal like that a few times in 40 years of watching hockey.
I feel fortunate to have witnessed this rarity twice now, both live. The last one was in Glendale vs the Canucks (I believe), it was even better as I recall it was pressure from Victor Tikonov that created it.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Listen to the other teams broadcast, we haven't cornered the market on homers:)
Of recent games, thought Pens were weak, Preds fine, Canucks very good, Flames good enough, Minny same, Boston (and I can't say this loud enough) TERRIBLE. Jets were very good. So, a mix but, only Boston worse than what the Coyotes have going on,

Reactions: Jakey53

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
That had to be around a minute since a Coyote touched the puck, wonder how long it took to get goal scorer and assists??
Took quite a while to put that fourth goal on the scoreboard, so I’m guessing your onto something. Crouse wasn’t even on the ice at the time the puck went in! :laugh:

Tikhonov goal

I remembered it correctly, CRS be damned!!!

Reactions: DustyDangler

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Could it be because you don’t attend games any longer?? Sometimes I think the only reason I re up my tix is because I’d kill myself if I had to listen to those two every game! :laugh:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Other broadcasts, you can actually learn things about the game. The Coyotes broadcasts are about cliche's and schtick. At a minimum, they need to promote Heethuis to TV as I think he is the only skilled individual in their media space.
Heethius is not good enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5