GDT: Game #45: Penguins @ Coyotes | 7:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
:pens(21-16-6) @ :coyotes(22-19-3)

All-Time Series:
The Coyotes/Jets 1.0 franchise holds a 30-50-3-4 record against the Penguins, a 0.385 points percentage, which is a 63 point pace over an 82 game season (not great!!). By points percentage, the Penguins are the Coyotes third toughest opponent, with the Canadiens (0.343) and the Bruins (0.310) being the two toughest.

Game Notes:
Bear has thrown the lines in a blender.

Screen Shot 2024-01-22 at 14.06.17.png

Last edited:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
At least we're away from that 11/7

Valimakki must have done something to be frozen out like he has. Pretty good bet they don't see him as a future piece, he's not even a now piece.

Reactions: Napoli

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Valimakki must have done something to be frozen out like he has. Pretty good bet they don't see him as a future piece, he's not even a now piece.
He and Schmaltz, part of the big Hannifin deal. :naughty:
It's not like anybody saw what happened to Schmaltz. LOL

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40

I have a feeling it is his eyes or something we don't know about, .: inner ear?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I didn't see Schmaltz get injured. Anyone know what happened? One minute he's playing and to me the next he was in the locker room.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I didn't see Schmaltz get injured. Anyone know what happened? One minute he's playing and to me the next he was in the locker room.
Has anyone ever seen him get hurt? Not to disrespect someone getting hurt, I'm sure he is but, doesn't seem like any of his injuries have been related to impact, plays. 400+ games and he has <100 hits and I bet he has taken fewer than he has given. Pretty much the epitome of fragile and can only be counted on for around 60 games a season.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Has anyone ever seen him get hurt? Not to disrespect someone getting hurt, I'm sure he is but, doesn't seem like any of his injuries have been related to impact, plays. 400+ games and he has <100 hits and I bet he has taken fewer than he has given. Pretty much the epitome of fragile and can only be counted on for around 60 games a season.
Was pretty obvious the time he got hurt against Nashville in the play in's. Fairly certain most to all others have been visible as well.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not so sure…

Word is Valimaki is in and Kirkland is sitting.

Stecher is out with an LBI.

Let's hope Valimaki can reestablish his play of last year. If not, he may not have a future here. I hope he can, love his energy and enthusiasm.

Reactions: Prarievarg

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Was pretty obvious the time he got hurt against Nashville in the play in's. Fairly certain most to all others have been visible as well.
Fair enough. I'm old...don't remember everything. Still think he's fragile and doesn't take much to take him out of play. 9 seasons in the league and has played 70 games or more twice.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

IronFinn

Apr 21, 2022
Scottsdale
Fair enough. I'm old...don't remember everything. Still think he's fragile and doesn't take much to take him out of play. 9 seasons in the league and has played 70 games or more twice.
DustyDangler - I am with you. Most of Schmaltz’s injuries have been complete mysteries. Mid game he stops taking shifts, or just doesn’t return after an intermission and everyone is left wondering what happened.

Reactions: DustyDangler

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be

They really need to address hits when a player is already engaged with an opponent.

Reactions: DustyDangler

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
They really need to address hits when a player is already engaged with an opponent.
Yep...and just because you can check the vulnerable player in the head doesn't mean you should. Good example of video of Schmaltz getting injured by impact.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Nice find, I had this feeling it wasn't against Nashville, but knew it kept him out of the play in and subsequent shellacking by the Av's. I looked all over, but couldn't find the hit.

Would seem DD and I have a common issue with age related CRS!

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Nice find, I had this feeling it wasn't against Nashville, but knew it kept him out of the play in and subsequent shellacking by the Av's. I looked all over, but couldn't find the hit.

Would seem DD and I have a common issue with age related CRS!
Congressional Research Service?
Catholic Relief Services?
Common Reporting Standard?
Community Relations Service?
Cytokine Release Syndrome?
Cognitive Pejorative Sluration and Salivation?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00