GDT: Game #45: Penguins @ Coyotes | 7:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
I think we should replace Walsh and Jody with Jackie Redmond. Replace Nash with Mike Johnson, or maybe Kevin Weeks. I have no idea who can replace McConnell. Wouldn't take much for an improvement.

You just proved how bad our school system is.;)
Kevin Weekes really? Here in the UK the subscription channel gives me the home team announcers only so I pretty much hear every team. A couple I like some I certainly don't (Bruins for one) we also get the NHL own coverage of a game most weekends which is usually Radek and Weekes and it is nauseating crap. Weekes is just awful with his constant "teaching" references about how it should be done. He talks non stop, you think Nash is bad Weekes is way worse.
I actually don't mind O'Connell and can put up with Nash. I like Jody doing the intermission but if you are going to do away with anyone please get rid of that whispering fool Walsh.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Kevin Weekes really? Here in the UK the subscription channel gives me the home team announcers only so I pretty much hear every team. A couple I like some I certainly don't (Bruins for one) we also get the NHL own coverage of a game most weekends which is usually Radek and Weekes and it is nauseating crap. Weekes is just awful with his constant "teaching" references about how it should be done. He talks non stop, you think Nash is bad Weekes is way worse.
I actually don't mind O'Connell and can put up with Nash. I like Jody doing the intermission but if you are going to do away with anyone please get rid of that whispering fool Walsh.
I think McConnell would actually be better with someone other than Nash.

Nash bothers me way worse than McConnell

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Wasn’t it just yesterday that you made the case of Schmaltz’s actual salary being to rich for AM group?
Now you suggest we somehow lure the impossible with the kind of bucks that would take? Hell, this proposal does nothing for on ice performance, which is the real goal. :huh:

Probably why I’ve never heard of her :laugh:
1706119193951.jpeg

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Wasn’t it just yesterday that you made the case of Schmaltz’s actual salary being to rich for AM group?
Now you suggest we somehow lure the impossible with the kind of bucks that would take? Hell, this proposal does nothing for on ice performance, which is the real goal. :huh:

Probably why I’ve never heard of her :laugh:
I wasn't talking about on ice performance. You have no idea what kind of bucks it would take, or the difference of bucks it would be. The real goal for the Coyotes is on ice and to entertain as many fans as possible, and that includes TV broadcasting. Maybe if you followed hockey a little closer instead of spending every last second of your day bashing our ownership group you would know who see is.

You don't mind McConnell? Yikes, I don't like your taste.:) I agree about Walsh.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I wasn't talking about on ice performance. You have no idea what kind of bucks it would take, or the difference of bucks it would be. The real goal for the Coyotes is on ice and to entertain as many fans as possible, and that includes TV broadcasting. Maybe if you followed hockey a little closer instead of spending every last second of your day bashing our ownership group you would know who see is.
Jakey, you inconsistent clueless wonder (wonder being you can still type). It should be obvious to all that every person you mentioned would cost more than our current crew. Therefore, (since you seem to have an odd concern for AM's ability to pay Schmaltz and the value therein) it should become equally obvious that paying more for on air personalities would detract from the ability to pay for on ice performance. Certainly we all agree which is most important.

I live and breath hockey, the stock market and business..... I hardly see how knowing a Canadian actress has anything to do with any of the above, so it seems odd you should make a failed attempt to call me out on my lack of recognition of this woman. But hey, odd and irrational seem to fit your method of operation.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Jakey, you inconsistent clueless wonder (wonder being you can still type). It should be obvious to all that every person you mentioned would cost more than our current crew. Therefore, (since you seem to have an odd concern for AM's ability to pay Schmaltz and the value therein) it should become equally obvious that paying more for on air personalities would detract from the ability to pay for on ice performance. Certainly we all agree which is most important.

I live and breath hockey, the stock market and business..... I hardly see how knowing a Canadian actress has anything to do with any of the above, so it seems odd you should make a failed attempt to call me out on my lack of recognition of this woman. But hey, odd and irrational seem to fit your method of operation.
Anyone would cost more than our current crew, and I doubt the on air personalities have anything to do with the on ice budget. I didn't say I had any concern about AM paying Schmaltz, rather stating he is not worth that contract. I wasn't talking about a Canadian actress, rather Jackie Redmond, who you probably have no idea who she is as she is Canadian. But hey, you do you.

Concentrate Jakey, it will serve your comprehension well.
I'm not perfect, but damn close.;)

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Anyone would cost more than our current crew, and I doubt the on air personalities have anything to do with the on ice budget. I didn't say I had any concern about AM paying Schmaltz, rather stating he is not worth that contract. I wasn't talking about a Canadian actress, rather Jackie Redmond, who you probably have no idea who she is as she is Canadian. But hey, you do you.
When you carried on about the cost of salary being more important than the cap hit, you were expressing your concern. I also understand that you were stating that you don't think Schmaltz is worth the salary. I like Jackie Redmond, her face lights up the screen when she smiles.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
When you carried on about the cost of salary being more important than the cap hit, you were expressing your concern. I also understand that you were stating that you don't think Schmaltz is worth the salary. I like Jackie Redmond, her face lights up the screen when she smiles.
Until we get an arena, the salary will always be more important than the cap. Besides being easy on the eyes, Redmond is very knowledgeable about hockey. Oh well, dreaming was nice while it lasted.:laugh:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Until we get an arena, the salary will always be more important than the cap. Besides being easy on the eyes, Redmond is very knowledgeable about hockey. Oh well, dreaming was nice while it lasted.:laugh:
So you don't think Daddy Warbucks can pull off an arena while paying players what it will cost to win?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
So you don't think Daddy Warbucks can pull off an arena while paying players what it will cost to win?
At least not until the Coyotes break ground for a new arena and AM has his construction company preparing to go to work building it. Uncertainty may lead to liquidation unfortunately.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Then just what are you trying to say?
No use spending money foolishly for say one or two overpriced UFA's at this time of our rebuild which will hurt the bottom line because of limited revenue. We all know we have to watch our overhead until the arena is built which we have done for the last couple of years while the team is progressing, and I believe that strategy will continue. AM has stepped up to the plate in all areas when BA has asked for $$$.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
No use spending money foolishly for say one or two overpriced UFA's at this time of our rebuild which will hurt the bottom line because of limited revenue. We all know we have to watch our overhead until the arena is built which we have done for the last couple of years while the team is progressing, and I believe that strategy will continue. AM has stepped up to the plate in all areas when BA has asked for $$$.
I disagree. The time line is not when it's built, but when they start to build. And the acquisitions may be over a few seasons and not all in at once. I also doubt GMBA will ever overpay anyone anyways, but I can see us getting closer to the ceiling in the future. And to me that means he'll spend money to upgrade on defense in the off-season as long as everything goes right in the arena situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad