Post-Game Talk: GAME 45 - OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I know Forbort missed a bunch of time, but that third pairing was not good at all last night

Nice win tho wish they got to 10 haha.

Stoked for Heinen, guys the perfect utility knife
He made some nice plays in front of the net ,maybe the Bruins should give him some power play time more often,although Montreal was brutal covering the front of the net.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
For this old hockey fan seeing the Bruins whip Montreal is a good feeling.

Beating them in 1988 was as good as winning the Cup.

Winning the Cup in 2011 was even sweeter because they had to beat Montreal to advance out of the first round and that series started very badly.

One thing I have learned over the years is Habs fans came to respect the Bruins - In contrast, Toronto fans never have.

There was an infamous scalper in Montreal that went by the name of Kelly. He once told me that the Bruins were his meal ticket.

Toronto comes in I might have enough for 3 days at Old Orchard Beach, Boston comes in I can do Aruba for a week.

Kelly worked the Garden as well and the Charlestown crew let him do his thing because Kelly had a loyal customer in South Boston who visited Montreal often

View attachment 807433

I miss the rivalry

Love the stories... those days, despite where we usually ended up, were so much fun.

God did I hate Mario Tremblay. And Yvonne Lambert (probably the nicest guy in the world, I don't know) can go f*** himself. TMM. What a killer.

Anyway, I remember scraping and hustling to somehow get into the old Garden when the Habs were in town and it was electric, magic, intense. Seriously, it was hard to describe. And I'm not being the old fogie when I say you kids missed something. You just did. Days gone by that will never be repeated.

Sitting in that dirty old Garden with the layers of gold paint that looked like it had been slathered on the wooden seats with a spatula, with what looked like spanish moss hanging from rafters, literally sitting on top of ice (careful if you had a few pops and in the nosebleeds, those steps were steep), then going out at intermission to get a beer and walking the clouds of smoke in the hallways.

Waiting for the dude in the Gallery Gods to start slowly banging his hand in rhythm against the side of the metal balcony.

All that watching the action from Bobby Orr vs. Guy Lafleur, to O'Reilly vs. Nilan, to Jay Miller vs. John Kordic, to Cam Neely absolutely OWNING Patrick Roy when it finally started to turn our way. Magic days.

The noise alone was worth the entry fee. Truly.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
great win.
but hopefully wotherspoon in for gryz against the mighty jets. tgat should make pairings vetter. it will get lindholm with mcavoy and carlo with wotherspoon.
also gotta get the puck out on the pk- (missed wotherspoon on this) numerous chances to get it out but instead they try and make a cute play for offense. just get it out.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
- was really hoping for a 10 spot tonight.

- anybody know why O'Reilly wasn't part of the pre-game ceremony ???? I'm really hoping that health reasons are not involved.

- did you guys know that tonight's pre-game ceremony was completely " classless ". For a good chuckle check out this complete whine fest: Classless Bruins
Whiners will whine

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Screenshot_20240121-091057-101.png

A couple toughies coming up plus the Sens always plus us tough.
Watched the Wings/Canes the other night. Canes won 4-2 but their forechecking was off the charts. Wings finished with 12 shots on goal.

Reactions: hrdpuk and Ladyfan

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I don’t understand why people get all riled up about the wave. It’s just folks having fun … if you don’t like it, just don’t do it…
Being embarrassed for the fan base seems odd to me.
I took it as mocking the Scabs. The wave started because of the blowout?

Reactions: Gordoff

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
For this old hockey fan seeing the Bruins whip Montreal is a good feeling.

Beating them in 1988 was as good as winning the Cup.

Winning the Cup in 2011 was even sweeter because they had to beat Montreal to advance out of the first round and that series started very badly.

One thing I have learned over the years is Habs fans came to respect the Bruins - In contrast, Toronto fans never have.

There was an infamous scalper in Montreal that went by the name of Kelly. He once told me that the Bruins were his meal ticket.

Toronto comes in I might have enough for 3 days at Old Orchard Beach, Boston comes in I can do Aruba for a week.

Kelly worked the Garden as well and the Charlestown crew let him do his thing because Kelly had a loyal customer in South Boston who visited Montreal often

View attachment 807433

I miss the rivalry

The series win in '88 is still my favorite moment as a Bruins fan. The cup win was amazing, but reversing the hex that the Habs had on the B's, and in such dominant fashion, brought pure elation. It's hard to explain to someone who didn't grow up with the misery of watching the B's lose to the Habs in the playoffs, every single time.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
He made some nice plays in front of the net ,maybe the Bruins should give him some power play time more often,although Montreal was brutal covering the front of the net.
Especially considering everyone in the arena knew the only persons that needed to be covered during that power play was heinen…no one else was going to shoot the puck towards the goalie.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Love the stories... those days, despite where we usually ended up, were so much fun.

God did I hate Mario Tremblay. And Yvonne Lambert (probably the nicest guy in the world, I don't know) can go f*** himself. TMM. What a killer.

Anyway, I remember scraping and hustling to somehow get into the old Garden when the Habs were in town and it was electric, magic, intense. Seriously, it was hard to describe. And I'm not being the old fogie when I say you kids missed something. You just did. Days gone by that will never be repeated.

Sitting in that dirty old Garden with the layers of gold paint that looked like it had been slathered on the wooden seats with a spatula, with what looked like spanish moss hanging from rafters, literally sitting on top of ice (careful if you had a few pops and in the nosebleeds, those steps were steep), then going out at intermission to get a beer and walking the clouds of smoke in the hallways.

Waiting for the dude in the Gallery Gods to start slowly banging his hand in rhythm against the side of the metal balcony.

All that watching the action from Bobby Orr vs. Guy Lafleur, to O'Reilly vs. Nilan, to Jay Miller vs. John Kordic, to Cam Neely absolutely OWNING Patrick Roy when it finally started to turn our way. Magic days.

The noise alone was worth the entry fee. Truly.
Great Post.

Reactions: Number8

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
OK...just made a fresh hot mug of tea....off to read (not post) the Montreal GDT.
Don't do it ....lol. They hate us for the pregame celebrations.....another words , they are using that excuse for the bloody bath and beating they took from the boys....:popcorn:

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad