Post-Game Talk: GAME 45 - OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sunday, January 21 (Boston, MA)
- No scheduled practice or media availability

Monday, January 22 (TD Garden, Boston, MA)

- Morning skate, 10:30 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following morning skate

- Game vs. Winnipeg Jets, 7 p.m. (TV: NESN | Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Loved the big smile on Danton's face! He has been excellent!

Congrats to Danton Heinen with his 1st ever hattrick tonight for Boston. He signed for $775,000 on a PTO as no one wanted him this year. Danton is now tied with Ovie for goals at eight while playing half the amount of ice time. Not bad for a bottom 6 player who did not get into the lineup till the 8th game of the year.
Great post!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Just in.

From GDT.. @NeelyDan
@Ladyfan tried to get me to start a wave when I went last year.

That would NEVER happen...It is embarrassing.

I enjoyed the game. How about our Danton Heinen?
Crazy game

Wave, Ole, Heinen hat trick, Jake DeBrusk passing now like Gretzky and on 21 goal pace and a few top 25 Selke votes

Freddie looks like steal of 2016 draft based on draft spot

Wild night

No Gordon Howe sitting in the corner rocking chair wearing a shawl lamenting this team has no Jay Miller or Lyndon Byers in post GDT

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Congrats to Danton Heinen with his 1st ever hattrick tonight for Boston. He signed for $775,000 on a PTO as no one wanted him this year. Danton is now tied with Ovie for goals at eight while playing half the amount of ice time. Not bad for a bottom 6 player who did not get into the lineup till the 8th game of the year.
5d42a5f72c10c060ff7ae9285bd0d666.png

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Really liking Lauko's game of late. It would have been awesome for the crowd and Lauko's confidence if he buried that one - it was a good shot! I hope the kid keeps it up and realizes he does have the chops to make it in this league as long as he keeps playing this way.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
- was really hoping for a 10 spot tonight.

- anybody know why O'Reilly wasn't part of the pre-game ceremony ???? I'm really hoping that health reasons are not involved.

- did you guys know that tonight's pre-game ceremony was completely " classless ". For a good chuckle check out this complete whine fest: Classless Bruins
Probably because he wasn't on the nineteen eighty eight team. He retired in nineteen eighty five.

Reactions: Gordoff

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
really liked the lauko Freddy geekie line.. with the line construction it feels like they ran 4 balanced lines like Seattle did last year. maybe thats what they have to do to balance the time out

Looking forward to the Jets game, they're a real strong team this year and a little payback would be great

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
There were so many that got on the scoreboard tonight....16 players?

We had a blast!

The only real downer was that STUPID wave. Good Lord...it isn't baseball. I am embarrassed for the Bs fan base. Pathetic.
I don’t understand why people get all riled up about the wave. It’s just folks having fun … if you don’t like it, just don’t do it…
Being embarrassed for the fan base seems odd to me.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
- anybody know why O'Reilly wasn't part of the pre-game ceremony ???? I'm really hoping that health reasons are not involved.

Probably because he wasn't on the nineteen eighty eight team. He retired in nineteen eighty five.

If only I could remember who the Head Coach was for that season. :dunno:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
For this old hockey fan seeing the Bruins whip Montreal is a good feeling.

Beating them in 1988 was as good as winning the Cup.

Winning the Cup in 2011 was even sweeter because they had to beat Montreal to advance out of the first round and that series started very badly.

One thing I have learned over the years is Habs fans came to respect the Bruins - In contrast, Toronto fans never have.

There was an infamous scalper in Montreal that went by the name of Kelly. He once told me that the Bruins were his meal ticket.

Toronto comes in I might have enough for 3 days at Old Orchard Beach, Boston comes in I can do Aruba for a week.

Kelly worked the Garden as well and the Charlestown crew let him do his thing because Kelly had a loyal customer in South Boston who visited Montreal often

1705826189157.png

I miss the rivalry

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
That was a fun night! Beating the Habs never gets old, thrashing the Habs is one of the best feelings for me in hockey. I loathe them as much as ever. Seeing the slumped shoulders and pouty faces on the bench warms my heart.

Congratulations to Heinen, he is deserving of that hat trick!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad