Post-Game Talk: GAME 45 - OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE, OLE

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Coming around on an extension for Jake. July 1 I extended Freddy for as long as I can. Same for Linus. This team is going to be really good for another decade. This “run” started with game 6 vs Montreal and will go into the 2030s. Good times, good times indeed

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
If only I could remember who the Head Coach was for that season. :dunno:

Terry coached the 1988 team

joke-jpg.807602

So does anybody know why Taz wasn't there last night ????

Reactions: Gordoff

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Went to the home I grew up in Kingston and watched the game with my 85 year old Dad ...Kingston is the home/birthplace of of several historic Bruins including Don Cherry and Kenny Linseman ..who looked the best out of everyone in the pregrame ceremony!..anyway great game and to keep with the home theme ...Welcome back Danton Heinen to your home away from home...you are sure playing like you want to stay!

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Love the stories... those days, despite where we usually ended up, were so much fun.

God did I hate Mario Tremblay. And Yvonne Lambert (probably the nicest guy in the world, I don't know) can go f*** himself. TMM. What a killer.

Anyway, I remember scraping and hustling to somehow get into the old Garden when the Habs were in town and it was electric, magic, intense. Seriously, it was hard to describe. And I'm not being the old fogie when I say you kids missed something. You just did. Days gone by that will never be repeated.

Sitting in that dirty old Garden with the layers of gold paint that looked like it had been slathered on the wooden seats with a spatula, with what looked like spanish moss hanging from rafters, literally sitting on top of ice (careful if you had a few pops and in the nosebleeds, those steps were steep), then going out at intermission to get a beer and walking the clouds of smoke in the hallways.

Waiting for the dude in the Gallery Gods to start slowly banging his hand in rhythm against the side of the metal balcony.

All that watching the action from Bobby Orr vs. Guy Lafleur, to O'Reilly vs. Nilan, to Jay Miller vs. John Kordic, to Cam Neely absolutely OWNING Patrick Roy when it finally started to turn our way. Magic days.

The noise alone was worth the entry fee. Truly.
Really steep stairs and no handrails. It was like a 30+ degree ski slope.

I literally could not do it at my current age with my wonky knees.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH

Not even handrails? I was barely too young to remember the original Garden, but I didn't know that. I 'liked' your post but removed it because I felt bad since I misunderstood your post at first.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Just thinking about doing that now gives me that queasy feeling in my stomach!!!:laugh:

Went to the home I grew up in Kingston and watched the game with my 85 year old Dad ...Kingston is the home/birthplace of of several historic Bruins including Don Cherry and Kenny Linseman ..who looked the best out of everyone in the pregrame ceremony!..anyway great game and to keep with the home theme ...Welcome back Danton Heinen to your home away from home...you are sure playing like you want to stay!
The Rat did indeed look fit and healthy!!!!

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
That franchise has more ceremonies than a drunken emperor. Honestly, I expected a little more from a fan base so obsessed with history.
They are only obsessed with their own history and are miserable because they have not had anything to celebrate in decades. The loaded teams of the 70’s devolved into flopping smurfs and other assorted knuckleheads.

Reactions: rfournier103

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
Loved everything except the Ole, ole chants when we were up by two (or maybe three) with something like 13 minutes left in the game. Keep that for later in the game, when we’re up by more than a couple of goals. Let’s not start a new jinx!

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad