Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
1705833492961.png

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
This year is surely shaping up as proving that 2023 was Sweeney's greatest offseason. Had a really tight cap and therefore had to be very sharp and make every penny count (perhaps that's part of the secret there) and he went and got us Geekie, JvR, Shattenkirk and Heinen (bit of a freebie, but Don at least had the sense to sign him). All big ticks there. Then you have Boqvist, who we can probably still expect a little more from but at least he's finding his way now and has been solid of late, and Wotherspoon has also been a perfectly acceptable depth defender. Only bust has been Lucic and that was entirely beyond his control.

To top it off they initially backed in Poitras and Beecher, and then Lohrei, and while I know there's some here, myself included to a point, who would like to see the youth being given more time, responsibility and leniency, they've at least had some solid experience and all acquitted themselves well at times.

Who knows where this team ends up, and whether they've really got the horses and have put together the right sort of roster to make a deep run. But regardless, given Boston's cap and assets situation at the end of last season, the GM's done as well as could reasonably be asked with the deals and moves he made. Thumbs way up on that.

Edit: just realized I forgot Brown. Probably not a great result there, but then not exactly high expectations either and no harm done that he's mostly just hanging about in Providence.

Last edited:

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
The rivalry is not dead. It is still amongst us in spirit in the living and the dead of those who endured Hab Hockey Hell until spring in the year of our Lord 1988. Our Brothers and Sisters in Hockey Heaven, including the Gallery Gods who still sit above us in the second balcony, smile down upon us today because there are no Hab fans in Hockey Heaven. They are in the basement, sitting with the living, of Hab Hockey Hell, forever and ever, world without end. Amen.

Last edited:

Bleed Black and Gold

Dec 16, 2018
Sunday, January 21 (Boston, MA)
- No scheduled practice or media availability

Monday, January 22 (TD Garden, Boston, MA)
- Morning skate, 10:30 a.m.

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following morning skate

- Game vs. Winnipeg Jets, 7 p.m. (TV: NESN | Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the ga
Do they allow fans to watch the morning skates at the Garden?

Last edited:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
The rivalry is not dead. It is still amongst us in spirit in the living and the dead of those who endured Hab Hockey Hell until spring in the year of our Lord 1988. Our Brothers and Sisters in Hockey Heaven, including the Gallery Gods who still sit above us in the second balcony, smile down upon us today because there are no Hab fans in Hockey Heaven. They are in the basement, sitting with the living, of Hab Hockey Hell, forever and ever, world without end. Amen.
Amen.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I don’t understand why people get all riled up about the wave. It’s just folks having fun … if you don’t like it, just don’t do it…
Being embarrassed for the fan base seems odd to me.

Hockey isn't a slow pace sport such as baseball where much of the entertainment is driven by the fans.

Hockey fans generally pride themselves on knowledge of the sport and watching every play. The wave is the opposite. The pink hats do as they please but it also drives prices higher.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Amen!

Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad