GDT: Game 44 | Columbus at Toronto | 1/8 7PM

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This team was never good enough. Look at the Leafs. Look at Tampa Bay. Completely different level of play.

Well, I guess it's good enough if one has traditional CBJ standards .
For someone who is constantly citing statistics to make your "oh g-d we all suck" points, you're awfully good at consistently ignoring them whenever they suggest otherwise.

Reactions: SuperGenius

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
This team was never good enough. Look at the Leafs. Look at Tampa Bay. Completely different level of play.

Uh oh...........guess you didn’t see the previous post:laugh:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I'm actually shocked that we are getting shut out by Toronto, a team that plays a pretty wide open game which should serve up goals....and knowing they will likely score too.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The team is going to continue to suffer by shooting slow low point shots for rebounds/deflections with nobody for either, will continue to sffer shooting from outside the dots for rebounds with nobody there, and make slow passes on pass play to allow goalie and skaters time to maintain position. All facets of our game are very poor on the offensive side. Have to create opportunities for goals and we are making it hard on ourselves with poor work plays
I've noticed that trend, and yet frequently we do have guys moving into position when those shots are taken. But the puck then ends up blocked, or bouncing the other direction, or otherwise being off-target. We're not predicting and/or aiming as well as we used to. It's not that nobody's making the effort - it's that the puck isn't going where we think it's going to go, and I'm not sure where the disconnect is.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Down by 2 going into the 3rd and they only have 1 shot on goal. Which took almost half a period. HOLY HELL.
We've got many more attempted shots than that, but can't seem to get shots through and on target. We lost that ability somewhere and have to get it back.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Not shutout. Flunky goal but really can't complain given how much it takes this team to score. We need to unretire Wes Walz and have him skate it into the net for us!!!

Reactions: Halfboard

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Just checking to see this board hasn’t melted down after Foligno picks up another goal.

Will be two games anti-captain comments won’t hold water :D

Reactions: Viqsi

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Not shutout. Flunky goal but really can't complain given how much it takes this team to score. We need to unretire Wes Walz and have him skate it into the net for us!!!

Ha ha......I remember that game like it was yesterday

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
hell, if this is what happens when I start doing annoyed system analysis I should do it more often :D

Too often those shots have been going just high and wide for us - like, if the net was an inch or two larger we'd get it in. That time PLD got it. :thumbu:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

I have magical powers, I swear. LOL.

Insult the team (or a player) and, then.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad