Post-Game Talk: GAME 42 - In the end 5 points on the trip - BRUINS 4 Blues 3 F/OT

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
That was one of the weaker interference calls you'll see all year. Reminded me of a college hoops blocking foul where the offensive player drives into the defender to try and get a call.
it was def a makeup call for the one on sunqvist. mcavoy dove for the puck there. that was a gift giving us the 5 on 3.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Watched this morning on DVR.

Good to see them bank two points and salvage the trip.

It’s going to be a slog with this team. As @Fenway has said, they are most likely going to be passed by Florida and end up finishing second or third in the division.

They will be able to get by during the regular season when Pastrnak, Marchand, and McAvoy chipping on the scoreboard.

They do not have the secondary scoring to compete in the playoffs.

Still, as Felger would say, at least we get a hockey season.

All depends on the deadline and how players end up performing down the stretch

I’ll take low expectations with a shot over high expectations and being unable to close out a hungrier team

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Watched this morning on DVR.

Good to see them bank two points and salvage the trip.

It’s going to be a slog with this team. As @Fenway has said, they are most likely going to be passed by Florida and end up finishing second or third in the division.

They will be able to get by during the regular season when Pastrnak, Marchand, and McAvoy chipping on the scoreboard.

They do not have the secondary scoring to compete in the playoffs.

Still, as Felger would say, at least we get a hockey season.
It’s got round one vs the Leafs written all over it.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Missed this one. 4 OT road games in a row, tells me they are a player or two away from being a contender.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
That lineup yesterday on defence will not be what we gave come spring If our lineup is healthy we have no worthspoon or lorhie. Add a d and we will be good to go.

Whats the word on Ullmark

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
PK problems, yes. That tying goal for the Blues was horrible. Shot from the center of the blue line, the only player between him and Swayman was the Blues player right at the top of the crease. Lohrei standing a couple feet away apparently thinking about post game beers.

Too many men on the ice is never the coach's fault. Grapes said that to spare his players. Its not like there is a starting gate on the bench and the coach press a button to open it.

Blame Bill Barber.
Game 6, 1974. I love the reference.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Many here bring up the Penalty Killing prowess of Carlo and Forbort, myself included. So, I decided to look at how the team has performed with and without them in the lineup this season...

Penalty Kill %
with Forbort: 89.33%
with Carlo: 85.81%
without both Carlo and Forbort: 63.64%

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad