GDT: Game 42: Ducks @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ+ - Holycrap the Season is Half Over

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed watching marginal NHL players get more ice time than skilled young players and seeing the team, treat every shift like they're shorthanded by icing the puck or dumping it deep each possession.

You said it man. This is not worth watching.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm just watching the post game to see Dave blame execution, compete, back-to-backs, chasing the game, inexperience, and Domingue.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Snoozefest. I like Rieder but he just has no natural offensive talent. Look how many breakaways he gets and does zip with. Having him on the first line and first PP unit is ridiculous. It seems like every time Crouse flashes some offensive ability his minutes get cut. Holland continues to be Tippett's go to guy while doing very little. Why not put your scorers together on your two top lines? We've sucked offensively all year and he continues to build **** lines and/or run 7 D.

Funny part is he'll continue to feed minutes to the waiver fodder that won't be here next year while we still lose, taking zero advantage of precious learning opportunities for the young, skilled players. What would benefit the team more? Crouse and Dvo getting PP experience or Holland and McGinn who probably won't be here next year? Insanity...

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
With the possible exception to the last home game which may very well be the last game in Arizona for the franchise, I'm not spending another ####ing dime on this garbage, roach.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
You guys should come out to some games. More fun to watch in person than complain in two pages.

Tonight was a good team effort.

Score was the only negative.

Positivity :)

I can think of a dozen other things I'd rather be doing with libations and good company. No thanks.

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
With the possible exception to the last home game which may very well be the last game in Arizona for the franchise, I'm not spending another ####ing dime on this garbage, roach.

I gotcha, and you're obviously entitled to do that. :)

I'm not blind to the frustration or disgust. I just don't think it's as negative as most do on the board.

Tonight was a fast paced, competitive game in person. Wasn't like it read in the thread.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Goligoski?

He did seem to disappear for awhile but I saw him again at the end of the game. Could have just been an experiment.

You guys should come out to some games. More fun to watch in person than complain in two pages.

Meh, I was there.
First was watchable. 2nd was mind numbingly boring. 3rd was ineptitude with the full knowledge they weren't crawling out of a 2 goal deficit after that blown play by Domingue and whoever the 2 defenders were.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Perlini was awesome, I think we miss DeAngelo a lot, especially on the PP. Our PP sucks either way I guess, but it looks a little better with him haha. Officiating seemed bad, hard to be sure because the guy who's in charge of showing replays of penalties apparently took the night off, but many of the calls on both sides seemed weak, and a fair amount of obvious stuff was let go.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Tonight was a good team effort.

Score was the only negative.

Positivity :)

Last time I went to a game, I think I had the most posts in the GDT anyway because it was more entertaining to post from my phone than pay attention to the game. :laugh:

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
I just got back from a weekend backpacking trip. How did we play?

Did we defend the deficit?

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Tonight was a fast paced, competitive game in person. Wasn't like it read in the thread.

I watched on the tele and would agree. Team is playing better. This game could have gone either way.

Beware of negativity bias.

Last edited:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Could be the fact that I was all jacked up on all you can drink coffee, but I thought the game was closer and better than the score indicated. We really need Tony DeAngelo back though. 7D so him and stone can play is fine by me.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I watched on the tele and would agree. Team is playing better. This game could have gone either way.

Beware of negativity bias.

I thought we outplayed them, out shot them, out chanced them, by a little. Pretty close game. Way to much of a negative bias as usual.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
The first period of the Jets game I didnt know what team I was watching....
The biggest improvement was in Holland who had 5 or 6 tremendous "looks" and seemed to be in the right place at the right time 2 of the 3 periods.
The third period of the Jets game and the entire Ducks game, they seemed to transition back to that old familiar team we've seen all year.
I will always be a STH..as long as there is a team here and may even upgrade next year but I do hope that the Coyote front office will do what the Dbacks front office did and decide after the year the way that it has gone, to NOT raise ST prices a penny.

avco

Feb 10, 2007
I thought we outplayed them, out shot them, out chanced them, by a little. Pretty close game. Way to much of a negative bias as usual.

Teams have figured out that they can play on auto-pilot and still get a win over the us. Saw more of us just looking slightly better than the sleep-walking, zombie-induced Ducks (yet the Ducks came away with a shutout win).

Comparing our play to our opposition play is not always the best way to gauge how well (or in our case how bad) we are playing.

Last night was another example of how we are so determined to continue our epic battle with the Avs for that coveted 30th place.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I gotcha, and you're obviously entitled to do that. :)

I'm not blind to the frustration or disgust. I just don't think it's as negative as most do on the board.

That's the truth. This place can depress the hell out of a person, much more so than the team and games themselves. It's sad.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Paying fans fine with Tippett

Just found out why DT was so much more relaxed in his post game last night. Seems an overwhelming number of seaso ticket holder surveys have been returned and there is no indication of dissatisfaction with DT amongst ACTUAL PAYING FANS. :handclap:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I watched several NHL hockey games this week that did not feature the Coyotes. They were fast-paced, and exciting, although not all of them were competitive (sorry, Habs fans). I feel confident that I remember what a good product on the ice looks like. The last four or five periods have been business as usual. I don't remember Anaheim being severely tested or any sustained pressure. We got a few chances off the rush. Hurray? I felt the Texans had a better chance tying it up in the fourth quarter than the Coyotes did of potting two goals in the third. The team apparently felt the same way, because they looked as disinterested as ever.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Just found out why DT was so much more relaxed in his post game last night. Seems an overwhelming number of seaso ticket holder surveys have been returned and there is no indication of dissatisfaction with DT amongst ACTUAL PAYING FANS. :handclap:

Oh, really? Because you just told us you sent a negative survey a few days ago. I wonder what the number of reups was last year? Did they ever release that info, because that'd be a pretty good indication of satisfaction. What about all the people who used to spend money and now don't because they've assembled such a garbage product? The people who got tired of seeing their seats in their section sold on special for lower than the sth price? I hope they're immensely comforted by the 15% of fans who continue to shell out money no matter how incompetent they are while they hemorage their limited coffers and wonder what's wrong with the rest of the 85%.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Oh, really? Because you just told us you sent a negative survey a few days ago. I wonder what the number of reups was last year? Did they ever release that info, because that'd be a pretty good indication of satisfaction. What about all the people who used to spend money and now don't because they've assembled such a garbage product? The people who got tired of seeing their seats in their section sold on special for lower than the sth price? I hope they're immensely comforted by the 15% of fans who continue to shell out money no matter how incompetent they are while they hemorage their limited coffers and wonder what's wrong with the rest of the 85%.

true, I don't think I have EVER sat next to a person who actually paid full price for the seat.
Matter of fact, when the arena is only half full (Im more positive nowadays, I used to call it half empty) "seat thieves" mostly take over the good seats about 5 minutes into the game.
I know I told my usher to just forget it..let it go.
Her thighs were starting to look like Schwartzneggers from the climb up and down the stairs.
I know, I will continue to buy a ST no questions asked because I just like to watch NHL caliber hockey even if its from the other side.
But, its not my favorite game so the entertainment part of it is more important to me than the play on the ice
I do hope very much that the owners are serious in bringing a winner here, its still a thrill showing up each and every game although admittedly, there seems to be no light at the end of this tunnel.....so far.

Matter of fact come to think of it, Ive missed 5 games in 5 years and have NEVER sat next to the same person.....or even recognized anyone in my section a second time, accept the military guy in back of me whose unit owns the first 3 chairs and Ive seen him maybe 10 times in 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad