GDT: Game 42: Ducks @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ+ - Holycrap the Season is Half Over

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
They just looked at the score sheet and saw how Holland and McGinn have more icetime than Perlini and that Jooris has more time than Dvorak, Crouse, and Dauphin (and Doan) and just assumed that the Coyotes were playing with a lead.

That's seriously unbelievable that he his giving scrubs more icetime than the future. Someone has got to have a chat with him or we are just going to keep sucking like we have the last 5 years under him.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I completely forgot the Coyotes were playing today. Looks like I haven't missed much.

Oh you missed a lot. The Holland/McGinn combo is a treat to watch on the PP. They created tons of chances...just somehow they didn't go in. Maybe they'll score one in 2018 though.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Rieder on the first line and first PP unit isn't execution. Holland over Dvo on the 2nd PP unit isn't execution. Waiver fodder getting minutes over skill isn't execution. Execution isn't the main thing holding this team back.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Rieder on the first line and first PP unit isn't execution. Holland over Dvo on the 2nd PP unit isn't execution. Waiver fodder getting minutes over skill isn't execution. Execution isn't the main thing holding this team back.

Aaight. If I were coach:

PP1: OEL, Perlini, Duclair, Dvorak, Doan
PP2: Goligoski, Stone, Rieder, Hanzal, Vrbata

Maybe try Crouse over Rieder.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Tyson talking about "passengers"...

Doan, game four: "We need some push from inside the room"

Hanzal, game one:"Too many passengers"

Even the players want roster changes...

Post is from 2014...

Gee, we've changed GMs, turned over almost the entire roster... What else could we possibly do?

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Ever since that hit Doan is completely out of sorts on the ice. Dude's head is somewhere else.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Actual quotes from General Managers reference Dave Tippett and his teams:
"It was my feeling that our team needed a new direction moving forward...
What Marc will bring is a real command at the top. The players will know who's in*charge. They will be held accountable on a daily basis. That's what I think is necessary."

"We need more energy, need more hunger into our group. I think we got a little too complacent with people being here a little too long."

"Our chemistry is good, but what does that mean? We’re in a results business, not a*Kumbaya*business.”

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Perlini and Dvo playing with confidence and showing some chemistry. Better split them up.

Yeah, crouse should be on that line too. Doan just skates in circles with one hand on his stick. Then gets surprised by a pass, so Dvo has to save his ass and then Doan just kind of floats into the zone.

At this point he should just be scratched. He's so bad.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I completely forgot the Coyotes were playing today. Looks like I haven't missed much.

I just fired up NHL.com to check the score, completely forgot as well. Seeing they are down ( as usual) and then reading this thread after the fact in reverse is more entertaining than the hockey they play nowadays.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I just fired up NHL.com to check the score, completely forgot as well. Seeing they are down ( as usual) and then reading this thread after the fact in reverse is more entertaining than the hockey they play nowadays.

I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed watching marginal NHL players get more ice time than skilled young players and seeing the team, treat every shift like they're shorthanded by icing the puck or dumping it deep each possession.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed watching marginal NHL players get more ice time than skilled young players and seeing the team, treat every shift like they're shorthanded by icing the puck or dumping it deep each possession.

I found a way to watch Tucson for free. No reason to pay attention to the Coyotes until something changes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad