GDT: Game 41: Sharks @ Maple Leafs 4:00pm NBCSCA

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Ferraro and Burroughs are not near the best D on this Sharks team. So to be compared to them is not a good thing.

Jones has missed significant time, and they've been able to manage fine.

Add to that the Hawks don't have Hall or Perry for extended time, and their top six (sans Bedard) is Pitlick, Kurashev, Raddysh, Blackwell, Dickinson, and Joey Anderson.

If you honestly believe the Hawks have a better on-ice roster - you're delusional.
Then who is the best defensemen on the team?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I think we might want to consider that the Blackhawks are just legitimately a more talented team than we are (even if they are really awful), regardless of what the names on the back of the jerseys might lead you to believe.

Chicago and Edmonton are tied. I feel like the players on Chicago want to overachieve based on the comments after Badard got hurt. The Sharks are just lazy. The Sharks might have better talent, but there is no inspiration or motivation there.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Chicago and Edmonton are tied. I feel like the players on Chicago want to overachieve based on the comments after Badard got hurt. The Sharks are just lazy. The Sharks might have better talent, but there is no inspiration or motivation there.
I kind of agree. Chicago players are basically playing with a chip on their shoulders. The SJ guys, it seems are still convinced the names on their jersey mean eventually they’ll thrive.

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
Technically he was, he just had the offense to compensate.

Now, we have Henry Thrun.

Benning.
Karlsson was in no way the problem with our defense.

Karlsson didn't lay out people but he did get pucks in corners and bring them out and up ice even with 3 or 4 guys around him and none of our current guys can do that with even 1 guy on them. We do not have a single defenseman now above 50% cf, and our best is 46%, that is utterly dreadful.

Karlsson dragged Jaycob f***ing Megna to a 54% cf. He was the furthest thing from the problem.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Karlsson was in no way the problem with our defense.

Karlsson didn't lay out people but he did get pucks in corners and bring them out and up ice even with 3 or 4 guys around him and none of our current guys can do that with even 1 guy on them. We do not have a single defenseman now above 50% cf, and our best is 46%, that is utterly dreadful.

Karlsson dragged Jaycob f***ing Megna to a 54% cf. He was the furthest thing from the problem.
He wasn’t the problem and what he did in terms of getting the puck out of the zone would be much needed now. But let’s be honest, he wasn’t good in his own zone without the puck.

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
He wasn’t the problem and what he did in terms of getting the puck out of the zone would be much needed now. But let’s be honest, he wasn’t good in his own zone without the puck.
And? Was there anyone better at it on the team? The numbers speak for themselves. Karlsson's ability to win pucks in the defensive zone and move them out was massively underrated and we are now seeing what happens to this defense when you replace a world class puckmover with mediocre defensive plugs. And let's not lose sight of that, several defense-focused players were brought in to ostensibly make up for losing Karlsson and look where we're at.

He was literally the only thing good about our defense.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Thanks Mario. After all that sticking up I did.
1704854821581.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad