Post-Game Talk: Game #41: Leafs Beat Down Montreal... Again 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeeko

Sep 20, 2012
Halifax, NS
I'm actually slightly worried if we meet them in the playoffs, they're obviously not as bad as we make them look. Well, I don't think so anyways

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Anyone see this?

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 18h
Kadri on Gallagher: 'We were going at it pretty much the whole game. I'll give him credit to, he's a good little player.'

:laugh:

EDDIE20*

I was on another sports forum this afternoon and came upon a thread called When Price stinks like this you can't expect them to get far..

At least some Habs fans are realistic.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think we're going to get Boston.

I want Boston.

If we want to be good, we better beat the teams that we have trouble against.

I really think this team can beat Boston. We just need to play with more conviction.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I love the downplaying of the rivalry from habs fans. I guess if it makes the feel better....

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
A gem I found on the TSN comments section "If Price plays in Sochi, Canada is going to lose 16-0 to Pakistan"

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
PK Subban was a defensive trainwreck last night, but hey, let's give him the Norris. Two players the Habs hype beyond belief: Price and Subban.

Price is not elite, he's top 10, but he's not elite. Subban...and Norris? WTF :help: Suter is going to win the Norris.

Him and Gorges were terrible on the PP goal. Kessel stymied him. In the 2nd, he tried to dangle the entire team and score a goal, ends up turning it over into a 2 on 1 chance. That was a goal if Price was in net.

Screw you Therrien...why you heff to pull Price? Would have been 8-1 maybe 9-1 if Price was in net.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
PK Subban was a defensive trainwreck last night, but hey, let's give him the Norris. Two players the Habs hype beyond belief: Price and Subban.

Price is not elite, he's top 10, but he's not elite. Subban...and Norris? WTF :help: Suter is going to win the Norris.

Him and Gorges were terrible on the PP goal. Kessel stymied him. In the 2nd, he tried to dangle the entire team and score a goal, ends up turning it over into a 2 on 1 chance. That was a goal if Price was in net.

Screw you Therrien...why you heff to pull Price? Would have been 8-1 maybe 9-1 if Price was in net.

Price is not top 10. If I'm not mistaken he's finished in the top 10 in save percentage once in 5 and a half seasons.

Penalty Kill Icing*

I want Boston.

I really think this team can beat Boston. We just need to play with more conviction.

I don't want Boston. And I have a logical reason for that which I explained in the other thread.

Apart from our dismal record against them, there is another reason.

They are notoriously grinding team. They wear you down. Not just their series, but you are in no shape to go ahead to win the series after because you are already banged up. There is a reason why Stanley Cup route hasn't been through Boston (except for they won) but the route has been through a team like Vancouver. Because they grind you down and because of their physicality.

Basically, to eliminate the Bruins, you have to play a 7-game series, or they won't go away.

2008 - Eliminated by Carolina in 7 games in 2nd round.
2009 - Eliminated by Montreal in 7 games in 1st round.
2010 - Eliminated by Philadelphia in 7 games in 2nd round.
2011 - Won the Cup and played 3 game 7 in the process.
2012 - Eliminated by Washington in 7 games in 1st round.

Looks like a sweep, or 4-1 or 4-2 agaiast them is really hard.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Another fact: For quite few years, the team that beat Boston in playoffs was out the next round. Only exception is 2010 Flyers who were playing an injury ridden Boston lineup.

Another proof of what I mean when I say you are not physically prepared to take on the next opponent.

LadyLeaf

Apr 14, 2013
Toronto
I want Boston.

I definitely do not want Boston. It's not that I don't think we can take them. I actually think we have a good chance against them. But we're going to beat the crap out of each other and the winner of the series will be worse for wear for round 2.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
They really don't like our shooting percentage. I'd argue we could keep up one of the highest sh% in the league just because we have 4 former top 7 picks in our top 6 forward group and they're all playing up to their potential. Plus guys like Grabo, Frattin, Mac could pick things up if Kadri's, Lupul's, etc, sh% go south.

But, they should expect their shooting percentage to go down as well. They're shooting at 8.92% and that would've placed them 3rd in the league last season, and 1st in the league in the season before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad