Post-Game Talk: Game #41: Leafs Beat Down Montreal... Again 5-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I understand. It's a fair enough point but I've been pretty consistent on my feelings of the leafs. For those who play NHL 13 when I join a game and I have to go on Boston side, I find a new game. When I see the leafs I'm like "meh, sure" and join. A very very weird example but some would understand.

To be honest, it is partly that and partly respect on my part. Yes, it is glad to see you guys make it after so long but this isn't a one and done situation. It isn't a "thanks for showing up" thing. It's more of a "The fans deserved better and the team is legit". It's very hard for someone to say glad to see you in playoffs and not have a reference to your slump but I mean it as genuinely as possible. Obviously, I don't wish that you win it all but I want the leafs to be competitive. Now, some may think I'm on my high horse saying "welcome back". My team sucked last year, big time. This really isn't a us vs you thing for me.

It's 'there' but all I'm saying is it depends the perspective. I'm sure if we face leafs in playoffs i'll get into it. It's a dormant volcano for me. The atmosphere will be there and you'll get sucked in even if you don't want to. However, if we don't, then it will continue to be dormant as far as I'm concerned. Some habs fans hate the leafs obviously but not me, that's all.

As I said above, dormant volcano. I also feel Boston-Toronto is a couple series away from exploding too. Many will disagree but it's just a personal feeling.

I completely get what you're saying and agree. It's definitely there but it all depends on the context you give it as a fan which is why not every fan will have the same opinion on who they dislike the most as a rival. While some of your Habs fans seem to think that we're just really stuck in decades back and are obsessed with your team and fanbase while they could care less about us, they need to realize that there are probably FAR more Montrealers that move to Toronto to settle down (and bring their Habs allegiance with them) than there are Torontonians that move to Montreal and settle down. Every Habs fan I know living in Leafs territory hate the Leafs.They are not irrelevant to those Habs fans as some of your fellow Habs fans suggest. And I would wager that living in Leafs territory is a big reason for that. Similarly, as a local, when the other guy is coming in and gloating about his team's victory of your local team, would it not create a desire for you to do reciprocate in kind when your team beats his?

I would suspect that that plays a huge part in why the Sens hate us (and for the record, I care a lot more about beating the Sens than I do the Habs and I know that not every Leafs fan would agree with me). Hell, if I'm being honest, in my mind, the Leafs best rivalry is currently sitting in the Western Conference and will be returning to us next season.

EDDIE20*

great game by the boys. my dad had to listen to healy and blamed price's garbage play on his pads...

typical habs fan..

Well, he has to blame his crap play on something. Imagine if it would have been Reimer who coughed up those goals.:sarcasm:

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I'll go out on a limb here and I'll vouch for LyricalLyricist as a good Habs fan.

Last year, I went on a tirade in the Political forums because out of the blue some Montrealers were arrogantly dissing Toronto and Torontonians thumping their chests claiming they're the best city in the country for no particular reason blah blah blah etc. However, when I decided to give all of those jack***es a piece of my mind, LL was the only level headed Habs fan in the thread not taking shots at the city of Toronto, saying how he loved both cities, and attempting to see things from both points of views. Now I admit, I probably went a tad overboard with my comments towards MTL in that thread which would of made any self-respecting Montrealers blood boil, but he kept his composure and didn't succumb to the potshots both fanbases were dishing out to each other...and for that, he has my respect. :nod:

I wish most Habs fan were as level-headed as him.

We have our share of nutcases as well that I'm sure leaves other fanbases saying the same thing about us when they come across a level headed Leafs fan :laugh:

Rockinz

Leafs 4 the cup
Feb 25, 2010
Leaf Land
Habs suck...

Dont know how they did so well this year...

Kessel was unreal good and is now 11th in league scoring!

EDDIE20*

Habs suck...

But... but... we were assured by fans of many other teams that he would fail under Carlyle's system.:o

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Habs rationale for losing:

Price has new pads and the ref sucked.

They ignore the fact that the scoring chances were 15-5 for the leafs.

Habs only do good because they assembled a good PP unit and dive to get continuous PP's. If they didn't dive, they would be a bubble team.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

Habs only do good because they assembled a good PP unit and dive to get continuous PP's. If they didn't dive, they would be a bubble team.

Hell will freeze over before (most) Habs fans EVER give credit to an opposing team for soundly beating the crap out of their team, especially the Leafs.

EDDIE20*

When all else fails, blame it on an equipment malfunction.:naughty:

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Bruins fan coming in peace.

Thank you so much for beating the absolute snot out of our mutual enemy. :yo:

No problemo - one good turn deserves another - now go out there and take first place from them already - we don't want any part of you in the 1st rd :)

EDDIE20*

Andrew Ference did when he "accidently" flipped off the crowd in Montreal a few years ago ;)

Hey it worked for us, we all believe him. :naughty::laugh:

I don't get why Ference got so much flak. He just stuck out the wrong finger, that's all.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
We're working on it but we've been really struggling the past month or so. :shakehead

i know. NOW you struggle. OI! :)
in all honesty, I don't hate Boston. we're like your little brother. but yah. please win the division. i think it would be an interesting round between Boston/Toronto to be honest.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Habs suck...

Its just they can't deal with teams that skate as well/better than them. Overall, they have unreal puck movement and puck support. Our defense just did a great job keeping them to the outside as usual and our offense was too fast for them.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Its just they can't deal with teams that skate as well/better than them. Overall, they have unreal puck movement and puck support. Our defense just did a great job keeping them to the outside as usual and our offense was too fast for them.

And more bigger and physical then they are

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
i know. NOW you struggle. OI! :)
in all honesty, I don't hate Boston. we're like your little brother. but yah. please win the division. i think it would be an interesting round between Boston/Toronto to be honest.

Believe me I hear you about the timing.:help:

I'd rather play you guys after you beat the Hated Habs :D

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Freaking biased Habs fans:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/117351

How the heck does Prust win that fight? McLaren landed more punches; better quality punches. If that isn't a draw, that's a McLaren win. What a ****ing disgrace of a fan base. They get blown out of the game and need moral victories by padding polls.

All-star game all over again...

Only time the guy landed anything was when McLaren was down (when most guys don't throw punches).

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

Michel Terrien's face after the goal is priceless. Looks like he's going to cry

:laugh: such a beauty play and nice goal

...and here's the reaction of every Leafs fan last night:

kcjo6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad