Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v3 | Thu, May 23 | @ Det | 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | Gausman vs Flaherty

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Usually a game like that can help inject some life and turnaround a season, but that can easily be negated with a dud from Manoah.

Also time to sit JT and give some DH ABs to Jano. Even Kirk’s been hitting better than JT over the last 30 days. Or punt Vogelbach and get Horwitz some run.

Last edited:
Reactions: canucksfan

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Usually a game like that can help inject some life and turnaround a season, but that can easily be negated with a dud from Manoah.

Also time to sit JT and give some DH ABs to Jano. Even Kirk’s been hitting better than JT over the last 30 days. Or punt Vogelbach and get Horwitz some run.
I'd give Horwitz a chance personally at DH when Turner has a day off. Vogelbach is useless.

Reactions: Puckstuff

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think the biggest mistake is having Vogelbach DH and not Jansen.

I don't understand the point of Vogelbach if he is going to continue hitting at .500 ops. He is supposed to bring some power, I have not see any of that. He knows his role, if he can't hit while getting sporadic playing time then cut him.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I don't understand the point of Vogelbach if he is going to continue hitting at .500 ops. He is supposed to bring some power, I have not see any of that. He knows his role, if he can't hit while getting sporadic playing time then cut him.
Circular absolution of blame

Management says they are off the hook because talent didn't talent

Coach says he is off the hook because hitters didn't hit.

Nevermind that the team is charging more to play boeing baseball (on the President), has assembled a deeply flawed, tax-paying team (GM) and has a coach who might as well be drunk (cuz he sure as shit ain't making intelligent decisions).

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Here’s hoping they can take some of yesterday’s momentum and build off it. Might need it with Alek on the mound

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I get that, but they already have trouble getting Clement regular AB’s. unless they jettison Biggio to clear the logjam
You mean this dumbass organization struggles to play a good player because they choose to play guys who aren't playing as well (or who are simply worse)

Reactions: canucksfan

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
You mean this dumbass organization struggles to play a good player because they choose to play guys who aren't playing as well (or who are simply worse)
Not sure who you are referring to specifically, but Biggio hasn’t been playing much lately, as he shouldn’t. IKF has been good. Some of the lineup decisions are head scratchers for sure.

I mean Springer is back in the lead off spot and Jansen is sitting, very odd. Jansen should be DH today and Springer should be hitting down the lineup.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I didn’t see the lineup before the game started. Absolutely a ridiculous decision to put Springer back in the lead off spot with how Schneider has been playing.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Looked like a great pitch but given how bad Bo has been, he's frustrated.

Springer is pretty much toast.

Why he still is hitting leadoff is a great mystery. There is a long list of players who should be batting lead off ahead of him.
There is no way he should have been installed back in the leadoff spot. Hard to believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad