Post-Game Talk: Game #41 - Bruins hang on to win 6-4!

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Calgary is an exciting team to watch, but I'm not convinced their goaltending can take them to the Final.

dafoomie just posted the clip of Frolik changing his mind about taking on Miller. Who wants to post it on the main board so there can be another epic meltdown about Jack Edwards? ;)

Reactions: Lobster57

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Hey Toronnnnto

iu

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Glad to see they won!

This team may need another top 6 winger, but isn't it terrific how Pasta has flourished in the past few seasons? And Jake's scoring two hopefully is just the start for him in a new streak - he's three down from his previous total last year! Here's to hoping he bags 20+

I don't really care that he only has three assists. Goals are more important, IMO

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
This game shows just how good they can be when they get secondary scoring. I really hope they acquire someone to help because it would really be a shame to put it all on the first line again. They still have time to see if they can get it from within, but if not they really need to make a move. This team could cause some real damage with a little help

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
This game shows just how good they can be when they get secondary scoring. I really hope they acquire someone to help because it would really be a shame to put it all on the first line again. They still have time to see if they can get it from within, but if not they really need to make a move. This team could cause some real damage with a little help

I'd also say this game shows that they continue to play to the level of their competition. When they want to turn it on they can, but it seems like they look past teams that they know they should beat. They need to treat every game like they are facing the best team in the league

Reactions: Absurdity

BruinsFan1960

May 17, 2006
Corner Brook NL

Is there a chance that Rick Nash may sign and play end of season and playoffs like Mike Fisher did with Nashville last year

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I will preface this by saying that I think Cassidy has done an excellent job with the B’s overall. That said, I’m not sure I understand the way he handles some of the players (younger ones particularly) in regards to line combos and TOI.

It’s strange to me that you can have a kid like Heinen, who had 47 pts last season, but is clearly scrambling to find his game this year, be moved all over the place and receive limited minutes at the drop of a hat.

Yet, with a player like a Acciari, who I think most would agree has struggled this season, Cassidy continues to give him chance after chance and last night he had the 4th highest TOI overall and 3rd highest at ES.

To me, that’s a little nuts.

It’s not just about Heinen. From last night’s game:

Bergeron - 19:38
Pasta - 19:06
Marchand - 18:27
Acciari - 17:29
Krejci - 16:38
DeBrusk - 16:04

Noel Acciari had more ice time than David Krejci and Jake DeBrusk (ES and overall).

Let that sink in for a minute.

I’m happy the B’s were able to beat a tough Calgary team last night and I want them to continue to win. I just don’t see how that’s sustainable when the team’s best players aren’t seeing the ice the most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad