Post-Game Talk: Game #41 - Bruins hang on to win 6-4!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I will preface this by saying that I think Cassidy has done an excellent job with the B’s overall. That said, I’m not sure I understand the way he handles some of the players (younger ones particularly) in regards to line combos and TOI.

It’s strange to me that you can have a kid like Heinen, who had 47 pts last season, but is clearly scrambling to find his game this year, be moved all over the place and receive limited minutes at the drop of a hat.

Yet, with a player like a Acciari, who I think most would agree has struggled this season, Cassidy continues to give him chance after chance and last night he had the 4th highest TOI overall and 3rd highest at ES.

To me, that’s a little nuts.

It’s not just about Heinen. From last night’s game:

Bergeron - 19:38
Pasta - 19:06
Marchand - 18:27
Acciari - 17:29
Krejci - 16:38
DeBrusk - 16:04

Noel Acciari had more ice time than David Krejci and Jake DeBrusk (ES and overall).

Let that sink in for a minute.

I’m happy the B’s were able to beat a tough Calgary team last night and I want them to continue to win. I just don’t see how that’s sustainable when the team’s best players aren’t seeing the ice the most.

Really weird. Only thing i can think of is that 6 other guys were totally gassed from quick skates on the pp/pk, so they push Acciari over the boards and he gets stuck on a 90 second shift.

Still, it wouldn’t add up to this

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It was the penalty killing and the empty net situation at the end- for however much Noel sucks in most parts of his game, he is a very good penalty killer and shot blocker. I think it was just an anomaly, though I agree Noel plays too much in general, at least in Boston. I'm fine with him getting those kind of minutes in Providence :laugh:

Last night Acciari's line was a lot better than the Heinen-Cave-JFK unit. Hence the uptick in time (plus the PK, as you stated)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad