GDT: Game 41: Avs vs Senators | January 8th, 7PM MT | Halfway Through

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Avs don't get a penalty for delay of game or too many men on the ice, it's a small victory in itself.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I know there are a lot of people that really like Redmond, but he really isn't good defensively. I'm not saying he shouldn't be in over Holden, but it isn't like Redmond was playing at a level that screamed he should be an everyday player. They have a good amount invested in Holden and want him to get his game back to where it was at the end of last season.

Thank you, I was starting to think I was the only one who felt that way about Redmond

It feels so weird to watch Guenin, Holden, and Stuart and not want to rip my hair out.

Guenin with Barrie is the only time I feel comfortable having him out there 5 on 5. It seems to focus him more on the role of just staying back to cover for Barrie in the Offensive zone. More importantly, he tends to be the net front guy in the defensive zone rather than trying to go out and chase the puck and limiting the chances for him to completely blow the coverage.

member 116861

I agree about Redmond as well that his play defensively as of late hasn't been very good. Although if you can move the puck and skate, then you're a plus in my books.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Since the 5th of November, when Avs abandoned man on man defense:

1. NSH 1.48 PPG
2. CHI 1.44 PPG
3. NYI 1.41 PPG

18. COL 1.12 PPG

24. OTT 0.93 PPG

30. EDM 0.62 PPG

So while it's better, Avs need to play better to be a playoff caliber team.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I hope Roy abandons the nonsense PP. If he wanted to send a signal that the skill players needs to be better, he's sent it. If he seriously think Stuart, Talbot and McLeod will make the PP better :help:

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I hope Roy abandons the nonsense PP. If he wanted to send a signal that the skill players needs to be better, he's sent it. If he seriously think Stuart, Talbot and McLeod will make the PP better :help:

I seriously hope so too, that should have been a one time thing to wake people up. Other than that, I really think the PP strategy needs changed up anyway...they need to start moving around more when they're in the zone, when most everyone stays in one spot it's too easy to defend.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
But hasnt Roy pulled that PP crap before...
and like didnt that unit nearly score

I bet we see it again, Roy is turning into MrMysterio with his "plans"

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
The banter is hilarious. Complaining about Roy making changes. If he wasn't changing things up it would be complaining about Roy sitting on his hands. Typical.

member 116861

The banter is hilarious. Complaining about Roy making changes. If he wasn't changing things up it would be complaining about Roy sitting on his hands. Typical.

You can make changes but the message has already been sent to the stars. Playing scrubs like Talbot and Stuart on the PP is pointless now. Also why does Stuart get to play on the PP instead of Hejda? Hejda has an underrated shot from the point and is just all around much smarter and better than Stuart.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003

You can make changes to the PP without starting to roll three lines that includes fourth liners without any offensive ability.

We've seen Talbot and McLeod on dozens on breakaways to know they don't have the hands to provide anything.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Who is your junior team?

Don't want to jinx us so Ottawa is fabulous.

I was raised in Calgary, but didn't follow the W as fan really when I played AAA hockey as a youth really, went to B.C. for school and supported Kootenay as they always had cheap tickets for students and didn't have the arrogance of still being a player.

My hate for Edmonton stems from being a Calgarian. I love Sherwood park though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I was raised in Calgary, but didn't follow the W as fan really when I played AAA hockey as a youth really, went to B.C. for school and supported Kootenay as they always had cheap tickets for students and didn't have the arrogance of still being a player.

My hate for Edmonton stems from being a Calgarian. I love Sherwood park though.

Ah, makes sense!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad