BRUINS GDT GAME 41 - 7:07 PM - CALGARY - NESN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The pk has been in the bottom third of the league all year so how do we “need” him for the pk again? Bergeron, Marchand, Kuraly, Wagner, etc. even Krejci is good on the kill. How many pk do we need to dress?
I get people hate Acciari but he's going nowhere at least while Nordstrom is out.

PK has been much better as of late.

Krejci has begged to PK but CJ nor Cassidy will oblige him unless it's a double minor or we are in the late stages of a game so he's not an option.

We roll 3 pairs on the PK: Marchand-Bergeron, Acciari-Wagner, Nordstrom-Kuraly

Begeron and Marchand are also on the PP. You need another dedicated PKer because Marchand-Bergeron get short shifted.

I know it' not the sexiest part of the game but I can't be the only one who pays attention to this stuff.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Us Flames fans will always be grateful for when your Bruins beat the Canucks in the Finals. We were the biggest Bruins fans after you guys, haha.
Should be an interesting game tonight. Smith is starting back to back games, and apparently he does not have a great record against your team, so either he will be surprisingly good or just.. bad? Lets have a good one tonight.
Mike Smith career vs Bruins = 4-12-0; 3.23 GAA; .889 Sv%
Mike Smith career with no rest = 5-12-1; 2.89 GAA; .908 Sv%

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
NBC has me working the Islanders game tonight so I won't be around.

I am THRILLED to be back in this dump

49612702_10216838290842286_4045331861042364416_n.jpg

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
I get people hate Acciari but he's going nowhere at least while Nordstrom is out.

Krejci has begged to PK but CJ nor Cassidy will oblige him unless it's a double minor or we are in the late stages of a game so he's not an option.

Begeron and Marchand are also on the PP. You need another dedicated PKer because Marchand-Bergeron get short shifted.

I know it' not the sexiest part of the game but I can't be the only one who pays attention to this stuff.

Not sure we need 4 4th liners in the line up to handle PK duties, but it is what it is.

False Start

May 8, 2018

JFK.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
The pk has been in the bottom third of the league all year so how do we “need” him for the pk again? Bergeron, Marchand, Kuraly, Wagner, etc. even Krejci is good on the kill. How many pk do we need to dress?
The thinking is we need those guys rested for the 5 on 5 and PP. Worked well when we had Eriksson killing penalties and I thought that is what Backes would do but he is not good on the PK. Being ranked lower may have something to do with icing AHL deemen most of the year to date.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Calgary media has been talking a lot recently about how theres only 1 line in nhl that can compare to theirs... then they say the guys in Colorado

I think its a good time for Bergeron and the guys to remind Calgary who is number 1

I like the Colorado and Calgary lines a lot... but they both battle for the title of who is second best line in nhl and who is 3rd best is the consolation prize

Reactions: blazenlo

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City

Frankly, every forward should know how to kill penalties. It's not a tough skill to learn. A coach would also have a lot more flexibility in terms of his roster.

Reactions: BMC

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Us Flames fans will always be grateful for when your Bruins beat the Canucks in the Finals. We were the biggest Bruins fans after you guys, haha.
Should be an interesting game tonight. Smith is starting back to back games, and apparently he does not have a great record against your team, so either he will be surprisingly good or just.. bad? Lets have a good one tonight.

Bruins have a habit of making bad goalies look good.

Reactions: BMC

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
WHY??!

Why are ALLL the good and useful players getting hurt around here?!

f***

Edit: Sorry, i'm talking about Nordstrom. This is getting ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad