BRUINS GDT GAME 41 - 7:07 PM - CALGARY - NESN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Okay, that sounds more believable

Wasn’t it Calgary who was a decent comeback/third period team last year (or maybe it was the year before???) as well?
It definitely wasn't last year. I think it was in the 2014/15 season when they were the comeback kings but that is ancient history in the NHL.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Tough game on the best of days but I`m definitely concerned the B`s will find it tough to get up for this one after all the pomp and circumstance coming from the outdoor game. Hope I`m wrong

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Not trolling but I was just looking through the bruins pregame thread. I hate to break it to you but its Calgary that is 7-11 when trailing after 2.

Thought I heard announcer say Bruins have 1 win when trailing after 2 during the classic.Could be wrong but pretty sure he said that.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You want to beat Flames you have to hit Johnny Hockey and Monahan often as you can.They are the grease that makes their wheel roll.

have to catch them first, my larger focus is the neutral zone, that`s where the game can be won or lost vs the Flames IMO. Don`t allow the Flames to build up speed through the neutral zone and it`ll go a long way for the B`s

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
have to catch them first, my larger focus is the neutral zone, that`s where the game can be won or lost vs the Flames IMO. Don`t allow the Flames to build up speed through the neutral zone and it`ll go a long way for the B`s

I watch them alot living here in Calgary and they are deep (Frolik complaing no ice time through agent and he could be on Bruins 3rd line easy)so its going to be tight.They have good defence who jump into the play alot.Rittich is hurt day to day so odds are Smith tonite.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I watch them alot living here in Calgary and they are deep so its going to be tight.They have good defence who jump into the play alot.Rittich is hurt day to day so odds are Smith tonite.

I try to watch them as much as possible as well. Def never miss battle for Alberta game.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I watch them alot living here in Calgary and they are deep (Frolik complaing no ice time through agent and he could be on Bruins 3rd line easy)so its going to be tight.They have good defence who jump into the play alot.Rittich is hurt day to day so odds are Smith tonite.

I have been getting many of their games after my move to BC and they are a fun team to watch as well but you are right, D jumps into the play and tries to make life tough for opponents.

I`ll again stress the importance of the neutral zone, IF the B`s play it tough, they might be able to catch the Flames and their aggressive, often 4 man push out of their zone and create some odd man opportunities

Reactions: lopey

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I have been getting many of their games after my move to BC and they are a fun team to watch as well but you are right, D jumps into the play and tries to make life tough for opponents.

I`ll again stress the importance of the neutral zone, IF the B`s play it tough, they might be able to catch the Flames and their aggressive, often 4 man push out of their zone and create some odd man opportunities

I hope you are right.Could use the points.They played last nite so a bit of advantage with homeice to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino