GDT: Game 40: Phoenix Coyotes @ Edmonton First Overalls | 4-10-13 | 6:30 PM PDT

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
No, it's not just Doan, but it starts with the Captain. Officiating is bad all the way around this year, by anyone's standards, and I don't think they're very sympathetic to the Coyotes.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
DTV DVR cost me this one. Sucks. Still, good to pick up the two points and actually make a run of this. Still 10th in the west in P%, though. Sad to still be behind Dallas after their fire sale. That's okay, they should only get worse. Still, a real long shot to make the post season, at this point. We are going to have to nab 70% of points AND get REALLY lucky or grab 80% of points and squeek in on our own merits.

Still, the system based teams are now starting to get their **** together. Us included. If we can manage to squeek in right around the time we are starting to play team hockey like we do, it should be just in time to start upsetting these individual talent based teams that have had unusual success in this joke season. If we can be in full season swing, tough game hardened, I don't hate our chances against the Ducks and Hawks of the world. They didn't worry me last year and they're the same teams this year.

Remember several years ago when Calgary had basically the greatest first thirty games in NHL history and then still missed the playoffs in an 82 game season?

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Great win. Good things happen when everyone on the team gives a ****. Smith looking really good.

So... with the Wings playing the Sharks tomorrow, and us playing the Flames next, there's a good opportunity there.

Although I just looked at the stretch of games after that: Sharks, Blues, Hawks, Wings, Sharks, Avs, Ducks. Ouch. I mean, I wanna have faith and all, but damn...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Although I just looked at the stretch of games after that: Sharks, Blues, Hawks, Wings, Sharks, Avs, Ducks. Ouch. I mean, I wanna have faith and all, but damn...

Hawks, Ducks, maybe even the Blues will have basically clinched. Not much to play for. Might even see healthy scratches. If the Coyotes are going to escape the first round, it'd help if Smith stays hot and they continue to play well. Being forced to play in playoff mode with 8 games to go could be a blessing.

Alberta Yote

Owns the Yotes
Dec 31, 2004
In your kitchen
Oiler fans sure aren't real high on their team right now. I was at this one sporting the new Boedker jersey I'd bought when we were at The Job for the Canucks game last month, and not a single seriously negative comment was made towards me.

They don't have much fire right now, kind of like their team.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
slash.gif

In case anyone missed this, I know the refs did.

Video: Taylor Hall takes a huge hit, unleashes a big slash

There aren’t many No.1 overall picks who boast tempers like Taylor Hall has shown. After Wednesday, that volatile streak might just earn him another suspension.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...-hall-takes-a-huge-hit-unleashes-a-big-slash/

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Hall is such a little ****. He looked so pathetic hiding from Doan behind the ref. Someone needs to throw a dirty elbow in his jaw. That'll teach him manners.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Hall is such a little ****. He looked so pathetic hiding from Doan behind the ref. Someone needs to throw a dirty elbow in his jaw. That'll teach him manners.

Wild fan here. I watched the hit after hearing about it on Twitter, and I figured there would be more of an uproar about it on the main board, but there isn't. I'm really glad Hanzal sat him down, and he should definitely be suspended. Someone needs to teach him a lesson. He's a very passionate player, which is fine, but he takes it way too far, and crosses the line into being a dirty player way too often.

Anyway, I don't know Michalek's condition, but I hope he's ok. We lost Koivu to a very similar slash years back.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Wild fan here. I watched the hit after hearing about it on Twitter, and I figured there would be more of an uproar about it on the main board, but there isn't. I'm really glad Hanzal sat him down, and he should definitely be suspended. Someone needs to teach him a lesson. He's a very passionate player, which is fine, but he takes it way too far, and crosses the line into being a dirty player way too often.

Anyway, I don't know Michalek's condition, but I hope he's ok. We lost Koivu to a very similar slash years back.

If you're talking about Hall's slash, there was a multi-page thread that got locked.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If you're talking about Hall's slash, there was a multi-page thread that got locked.

Oh yeah, slash, sorry I had just woken up when I wrote that. And that would explain why I didn't see a thread. Why did it get locked? Too much flaming I'm guessing?

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Fortunately it wasn't a coyote who played the way Hall did. If it was Torres, automatic ban for life as well as any offspring he has that plays the game. The hypocrisy is really bad this year.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Hopefully Hall comes out and scores a few goals and leads the Oil to some wins down the stretch. Hurt their draft position. I do not want the Oilers anywhere near a top 5 pick.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
I have to laugh at some of the characterizations of what happened with the slash. Apparently Michalek laid on the ice until the whistle blew and then got right up and 'ran' Hall. What actually happened is that Z started getting up, the whistle blew, and he went back down for about 5 or 10 more seconds then when he gathered himself he went towards Hall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad