GDT: Game 40: Phoenix Coyotes @ Edmonton First Overalls | 4-10-13 | 6:30 PM PDT

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Are you claiming that the refs miss calls because of Doan?

I'm saying if you ***** and moan about every call over a period of years, making a scene and trying to embarrass officials, eventually this happens.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm saying if you ***** and moan about every call over a period of years, making a scene and trying to embarrass officials, eventually this happens.

I don't know about that. Doan is very, very friendly with the refs. Even more so compared to other players. Plenty of times guys are asking him to autograph stuff for their kids between commercial breaks or just chatting him up. Rarely has he said to the media that a call was missed, and when he does he is usually right. Brown on Rozi, for example.

I'd be more inclined to believe that the league doesn't want the Coyotes in the playoffs than Doan being some sort of magnet for bad/missed calls. They gave the Coyotes a makeup right after they missed the chop.

BigGumby

Apr 20, 2012
Moon Valley

You make me laugh. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

In ref reviews, to determine playoff officiating, I'm pretty sure they give a big negative when refs miss something as blatant as a two-handed chop to the back of a player's leg.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Oilers get what they deserve. I hope they finish 9th. Just good enough to not fire anybody, so they can watch the futility all over again next year.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Haha. For some laughs, head over to the Oilers GDT and look at them ***** and moan about why they lost.

Good win, needed it.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You make me laugh. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

In ref reviews, to determine playoff officiating, I'm pretty sure they give a big negative when refs miss something as blatant as a two-handed chop to the back of a player's leg.

I'm not talking about the slash. I'm talking about the ticky-tack calls not going our way this year. The whining and complaining have contributed to it, and they did themselves no favours in the LA series last year.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
The rare everyone won in Arizona night. Dbacks and Suns. I root for the Dbacks but I understand that its a bad thing for the Suns to win. But lots to talk about tomorrow.

BigGumby

Apr 20, 2012
Moon Valley
I'm not talking about the slash. I'm talking about the ticky-tack calls not going our way this year. The whining and complaining have contributed to it, and they did themselves no favours in the LA series last year.

I totally agree about the ticky-tack calls not falling in our favor, but I was referring to the slash in my original remark. :p: However, I still don't think you can put the onus solely on Doan. I think Yandle and Smith can be equally at fault, if we're talking about the 2012 WCF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->