GDT: Game 40: Oilers @ Coyotes - 1/2/2019 - 7:30 PM - FSAZ+ - Best of 2018 Edition

What was your favorite movie of 2018?

• Total voters

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Galchenyuk is full of confidence, he's flying out there.

The most frustrating thing for me is about 3 weeks ago or so I thought he was playing real well but not getting on the sheet. Then he had a little setback now he's starting to put up some numbers.

We still seem to lack consistent presence though in the offensive zone. Even more reason we've got to bury good chances when we do get them.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Regardless of what you think about Kuemper these days, moving on from Rieder was 100% the right call.
Thought he might bounce back to 3rd line 10-15g winger if healthy, but so much of his game relied on his acceleration that seems to have disappeared. Probably can say gone for good, at this point.
We still have plenty of fourth liners.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Rieder looked good there, hope I didn't bring the jinx :laugh:

Anyway the team looks pretty good without Schmaltz so far.

Reactions: Pomee

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
NSS thinks we have 6 high danger chances in the first. I dunno that it was that high but perhaps more notable is it had 0 for the Oilers (5 on 5)

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Lots of shots from the periphery. Not a lot of great chances IMO. That goal was very nicely done by Richie.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Jesus Panik why can't you play like this every game?!?
He's what he's been his entire career. Hot-and-cold skilled winger with some size. He gets too much heat because he's overused as one of our best players.
Same with Goligoski, Demers, and Stepan. They are NHL players. Good teams can use them. The problem is they are our "core" players getting overused and exposed -- and that we are relying on these ultra-mellow "good guys" to be our leaders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad