GDT: Game 40: Oilers @ Coyotes - 1/2/2019 - 7:30 PM - FSAZ+ - Best of 2018 Edition

What was your favorite movie of 2018?

• Total voters

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
More of the same lol.

Same as it ever was.
giphy.gif

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Stupid coyotes.
Coyotes are in fact quiet intelligent.

but one sub-species of coyotes is flawed.
The Arizona Coyote.
Canis latrans arizonae

This animal has a reputation for being unable to score a meal, even if it is on the same level as themselves.
Furthermore these carnidae lack a good leadership, this manifests itself in the small succes they had over the last decades.
Some scientists believe that the first coyotes came from the canadian-minnesota border region down to the south and that those specimen where already influenced by dicline in their genes.
through the years the Arizona coyote could establish himself in the phoenix region and had some success in the beginning of the 2010.
recently researchers found out that the species is trying to populate the rest of Arizona, but to no real success.

While most coyotes are fiers, adapable and strong, the canis latrans arizonae lacks these characteristics.
But he is fugal, working with very little food, he has found his spot in the arizonian wildlife.
Even though the arizonia coyote saw a spread accross arizona in recent years, the main population situated in their habitate in glendale is in danger.
The main burrow is endangered by a lack of founding for the habitat protection organization named Arizona coyotes inc (a sub-organisation). The protection effort is only sustainable by donations and redistribution of money by the NHl (=National Habitate Lovers). This organization had success in sustaining and securing the population of many habitates for some of the rarest animals, like the Anaheim duck, the Predator de Nashville and Sparky the last dragon of Long Island.

Critics complain that the effort of keeping the Arizona Coyote in their habitat is failing and that the NHL should try to rescue the specimen by moving them to a new habitat in southern texas. But until now no plans like this where considered or publically anounced by the organization.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That's probably what Tocc is telling them in the locker room.

"Great first period, I'm so proud of my special little guys, you try so hard and you'll all receive milk and cookies before bed tonight"
Don't complain. Most you guys wanted dash and flash and didn't care if we lost. You got your wish.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Don't complain. Most you guys wanted dash and flash and didn't care if we lost. You got your wish.
System is much better and I'd rather watch this than playing in our own zone 75% of the time. Execution and talent still suck and I was hoping to be watching a line with Domi and Strome on it.

Reactions: _Del_

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is all I expect a roster which doesn't reach the cap floor to play like. I've come around to the belief that it doesn't matter what RT or Chayka do, we won't win many games. I have no beef with our players. Spread out across the league they would be valuable parts of their teams. It's only here, where all these below average ability players are concentrated, that they have to bear an unfair burden and get reamed for playing to the best of their ability.
During a rebuild your payroll will be much lower until the players start to exit their ELC's. You have no beef with our players? I do. Besides Richardson and OEL, which players have played to the best of their ability? Now, is that the players fault or the coaches fault? I agree that money over time will hurt a team, but money only does not mean success. You can buy the nicest jet in the world but you need someone who can fly it, and right now, all our crew is taking their flight training 101 together.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
System is much better and I'd rather watch this than playing in our own zone 75% of the time. Execution and talent still suck and I was hoping to be watching a line with Domi and Strome on it.
I don't care who the players are or how we play, I just want wins. If that means rope a dope, or scoring 7 goals, I really don't give a you know what. How can you honestly say the system is better? Look where we ended up last year and are headed this year, with the most talent we have had in years.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I don't care who the players are or how we play, I just want wins. If that means rope a dope, or scoring 7 goals, I really don't give a you know what. How can you honestly say the system is better? Look where we ended up last year and are headed this year, with the most talent we have had in years.

If this team had talent, it would be a lot better.

Reactions: _Del_ and RemoAZ

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
During a rebuild your payroll will be much lower until the players start to exit their ELC's. You have no beef with our players? I do. Besides Richardson and OEL, which players have played to the best of their ability? Now, is that the players fault or the coaches fault? I agree that money over time will hurt a team, but money only does not mean success. You can buy the nicest jet in the world but you need someone who can fly it, and right now, all our crew is taking their flight training 101 together.
Most teams in the League have the same number of entry level deal players and almost two lines of a million or so players. The difference is they have the other two lines of players actually worth paying.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017

To be fair, one can't say that this is both dash AND flash... they may have some dash but they certainly don't have flash, imo. That would require being exciting offensively and actually scoring goals. Instead of trapping like before and winning low scoring games, they just found a new way to not score and lose those games instead yet somehow not be offensively exciting either.

Gotta give them credit, they are like the Monkey's Paw of teams. They find a way to subvert expectations at all turns.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Most teams in the League have the same number of entry level deal players and almost two lines of a million or so players. The difference is they have the other two lines of players actually worth paying.
True, and most those teams got those players from the draft.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
System is night and day better. We're at 2.88 GAA despite not having our starting goalie most of the season, Kuemper missed time for an injury as well as to our forwards and D. The system works. The system doesn't make Goligoski pass to an opponent in the slot.

There are so many things I dislike about Tocc as coach, but the system itself isn't one of them.

ETA: last three seasons

SF/G SA/G
27.8 34.1* (29th in league in bothcategories; league worsts were 27.7 / 34.2)*
29.9 32.2
30.6 30.5

GF/G GA/G
2.33 (27th) 3.15 (28th)*
2.51 3.06
2.48 2.88

We went from bottom barrel to middle of the pack overnight and are trending the right way.

The system actually seems to be working. It's everything else that seems to be in dire need of improvement.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
System is night and day better. We're at 2.88 GAA despite not having our starting goalie most of the season, Kuemper missed time for an injury as well as to our forwards and D. The system works. The system doesn't make Goligoski pass to an opponent in the slot.

There are so many things I dislike about Tocc as coach, but the system itself isn't one of them.

ETA: last three seasons

SF/G SA/G
27.8 34.1* (29th in league in bothcategories; league worsts were 27.7 / 34.2)*
29.9 32.2
30.6 30.5

GF/G GA/G
2.33 (27th) 3.15 (28th)*
2.51 3.06
2.48 2.88

We went from bottom barrel to middle of the pack overnight and are trending the right way.

The system actually seems to be working. It's everything else that seems to be in dire need of improvement.
You can throw out all the stats you want, but this team last year and today has more talent then the last several years, yet, look where we are. I agree we miss Raanta but I don't think we lost many games because of goal tending, and Raanta was not having a good year so who knows having him healthy where we would be. Everyone else who is sidelined are not 1st or 2nd. line players on this team and Demers, like Murphy ahead of him, is playing with OEL out of necessity. Again, there is more than one reason why we are where we are at today. You said there are many things you dislike about RT but his system is not one of them. Well, that is the foundation for everything else a coach does. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad