GDT: GAME 40| Halfway to Heaven and a Mile Outta Hell | Bruins vs. Canes 1/4/15 1 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Kirk said on the Hub Hockey Show that they would keep him in Providence for the rest of the year, get stronger over the summer and give him a chance to compete next year. There's really no reason to play him up here now. Maybe if more injuries occur we'll see him.

Well that sucks, but makes sense.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Kirk said on the Hub Hockey Show that they would keep him in Providence for the rest of the year, get stronger over the summer and give him a chance to compete next year. There's really no reason to play him up here now. Maybe if more injuries occur we'll see him.

I am sure that makes sense.

I thought I heard the B's would have him back in the line up.

He is exciting but very green.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Well its better than the bs stuff Bergeron was saying yesterday. Typical Clode banter.

Tuukka said the truth. Lucic is saying the truth. Time for the rest of the team to wake up!

Who the hell cares what any of them say?

They've been "saying" things for a couple months now.

Show something on the ice.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Really? Shoot. I was misinformed, apparently. *sigh*

Or I'm misremembering what Kirk said. Anyway, I believe he said that is what the plan was, but as we know, plans can change. If he's lighting it up down there again and they continue to struggle to score, I don't see how you don't bring him up, especially if they fall from contention.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
The negativity in this town SUCKS. It stinks and it sucks. Hey everyone, guess what? Tim Thomas ain't walking through that door. Mark Recchi ain't walking through that door. Andy Ference ain't walking through that door. And if they do, they'll be gray and old. I wish we were 90 million under the salary cap, but we aren't. The young guys are working their ***** off every night. (Can't say the same about the old guys). This town will be a better place when they realize that Thomas, Recchi, and Ference aren't walking through that door no more.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The Jumbotron thing… People go crazy to get on camera. It's over the top. But I think that is separate from the excessive drinking that goes on at games. I think that those particular individuals who are getting drunk would probably be doing the same thing at home.

I wish they would stay home. I do not mean the fans who enjoy a few beers at a game either. The last few years there have been so many that arrive at the game drunk and continue to drink and make fools out of themselves. The Garden needs to stop serving these idiots.

The Last Baron*

People hoping for a loss: tanking is a loser's mentality. Do you actively hope to fail in real life as well?

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
People hoping for a loss: tanking is a loser's mentality. Do you actively hope to fail in real life as well?

There's a difference between hoping for a loss to bring about change and tanking.

But yes, I actively seek to suck at everything I do in real life. That's why I come here.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Lucic: "Enough with the talking. It’s time to start playing the way that I can & the way that I know I can" ^JI

im i the only one that gets a little excited by this comment?

Until he actually does this they are nothing more than words.Time for him to put up or shut up.

In fact, it's time for them all to do the same.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Until he actually does this they are nothing more than words.

Time for him to put up or shut up. In fact, it's time for them all to do the same.

Exactly. But especially Lucic. He can talk all he wants, but until it translates on he ice, his words are a moot point.

If you're gonna talk the talk, walk the walk too.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Who the hell cares what any of them say?

They've been "saying" things for a couple months now.

Show something on the ice.

It shows a disconnect in the locker room. One player is disgusted by the effort saying essentially we stink.

Your alternate captain echoing your head coach saying we've been more consistent, looked better. Which is not true. It says a lot about the team.

Put up or shut up. But don't bs me about how the team is playing.

Bruinfan5470

Feb 3, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
You are not alone. I thought I heard or read that Pastrnak would be coming back to the Big B's.

Dr. Q is probably correct though if Kirk said that he wasn't.

Pastrnak can play four more NHL games without his entry-level contract kicking in. If he suits up in Game No. 10, his NHL contract will begin for this season.

In the week leading up to Pastrnak's first NHL recall, Assistant General Manager Don Sweeney provided insight on his situation.

"Long term plans are still being decided," Sweeney had said. "So we will continue to monitor his overall development, including any potential fatigue due to the more condensed schedule, and we will re-visit what is best for David and the Bruins periodically."

"David retains the option to return Sweden to play but he has really embraced the opportunity to play pro here with the intent of progressing and adapting more quickly to an NHL style of play," Sweeney said.

"Both opportunities would have continued to help with his development but we feel fortunate that he has decided to stay because the communication and reinforcement of habits, on and off the ice, will likely accelerate his adapting to the smaller rinks and the strength of the players in North America."

After Pastrnak's first look at the NHL level, he has plenty to take with him wherever the path leads, whether that's back to Boston, in Providence, or over in Sweden (or, in the short-term, possibly playing for the Czech team in Canada at the 2015 World Junior Championship).

"I think the reason he was up here [with us] is that we wanted to have a look at him, and there’s a lot that has to be taken into consideration here," Head Coach Claude Julien said in Arizona. "Like, he’s only an 18-year-old, so is he better suited to stay here? Is he better suited to go back to Providence or wherever the upper management decides? I think there’s a lot of things that have to take place here."

"But we’ve seen some good things from him — exciting player, he’s got good speed but he doesn’t have the experience right now, and there’s times too where guys are stronger and he’s probably not quite as strong as the rest of the group," said Julien.

"I don’t think he’s afraid — he goes into corners, he goes into the traffic and all that stuff. The thing is, for younger players sometimes, it’s how do you get on the inside? These are strong players in this League...he didn’t shy away from anything, but at the same time, it was hard from him to get on the inside and get into great scoring areas, and you get that from experience."

"You learn, you find ways, and you work on getting stronger…So you've got to allow young players to grow and to develop into the person that or the player that you want him to be, and that doesn’t happen overnight."

Pastrnak has the drive to do that. He'll work his way back to Boston; it's just a matter of time.

This was on Dec. 8th, when Pasternak was sent back down to Providence.

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast
We all better hope they don't play pasta. This team is not ready, and he is not going to save our season. We have already experienced cap troubles through mismanagement. Starting his contract early would only make that worse. It might be different if we had a strong team, but we don't. Know when to regroup.

OutOfTheJohnBlue

Dec 27, 2014
Ottawa Canada
A little perspective is probably required for Bruins' fans this season. Nearly everything that could go wrong has gone wrong this season; from injuries, to poor performance, to mistakes (even from seasoned veterans, not just the kids), to an officiating conspiracy ;) to bad "puck luck" the B's have endured a hellacious half-season so far.

And yet, they're only 9 points out of second place in the Division and fourth in the Conference. Contrast that with today's opponent, who is in the league's cellar and is 26 points out of that same position.

Is it bad? Relative to their recent high standards, you're darn right it's bad. But these guys have the talent, experience, and history to turn the ship around and make a strong run in the playoffs. That's what I'm hanging my hat on, anyway. :)

True.. Good post. Seeing many of these puzzling front office decisions can only remind us of the darker days of B's management incompetence. I want to believe that management knows how to get this team on track; I really do

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Per Bruins twitter, same lines that started the game yesterday:

Lucic - Krejci - Griffith
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Kelly - Soderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Campbell - Cunningham

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - McQuaid
Krug - Miller

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Why the **** is Rask starting??? He has been brutal in back to backs and he's played every game since the Winnipeg game before Christmas. I know Svedberg's last start wasn't great but come on. If they don't play him he's gonna get worse.

Well, I hope Clode doesn't say **** about goaltending if he's gonna overuse Tuukka like this. WTF.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Per Bruins twitter, same lines that started the game yesterday:

Lucic - Krejci - Griffith
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Kelly - Soderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Campbell - Cunningham

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - McQuaid
Krug - Miller

Clode.

****ing ****ing Clode.

WTF is wrong with you. What the actual ****.

I am so mad right now. Seriously considering not watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad