GDT: GAME 40| Halfway to Heaven and a Mile Outta Hell | Bruins vs. Canes 1/4/15 1 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
:bruins (19-15-5) @ :canes (11-23-4)
Jan 4 2015
1PM

NESN / SN / 98.5

So, it's another matinee against a team that should be an easy 2pts.
The Canes beat the Flyers last week ya know. The Flyers suckage is my only consolation this season.

:help:

Boston_Bruins_Logo_jpg.jpg

LW | C | RW
Lucic | Bergeron | Smith
Marchand | Krejci | Griffith
Kelly | Söderberg | Eriksson
Paille | Campbell | Cunningham

LD | RD
Chara | Hamilton
McQuaid | Seidenberg
Krug | Miller

Goalie | Record
Rask | (15-10-5, GAA 2.59, Sv% .909)
Svedberg | (4-5-0, GAA 2.46, Sv% .918)

Now a life of leisure and a pirate's treasure
Don't make much for tragedy
But it's a sad man my friend who's livin' in his own skin
And can't stand the company.

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Remember that easy game we had two weeks ago in Columbus? ::help::

If you hate back-to-backs on the weekend....just wait until March!

It's time for some more experiments. The Lucic/Marchand switcheroo seemed to work. How about 38 on the first line? ::dunno:: Couldn't hurt...

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Good Carolina news: just booked OBX for last week of Aug. (KATE!)
In my mind I'm gone to Carolina...

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I'm sure Claude's system will keep this one close against the 2nd worst team in the NHL.

I'm predicting a great 2-1 system victory.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
The Hurricanes cannot score, but they kept all those recent games rather close.
Their 5 last losses came against MTL, PIT, TBL and NYR x2 ... all losses by one goal. They won the games against lesser teams like TOR, NJD and PHI.

We are a lesser team playing back-to-back. So this will be far from an easy game for us.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I hope the Bruins win, and win big.

I understand your opposition to my viewpoint, I do - but quite honestly, blind support is a contributing element to enabling this management team's penchant for hanging on to a product that simply no longer warrants hanging on to.

They need a catalyst, and it comes in the only form that resonates - their fan base expressing discontent, ideally in the form of ticket sales. For that to happen, there unfortunately needs to be a bit of pain.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I understand your opposition to my viewpoint, I do - but quite honestly, blind support is a contributing element to enabling this management team's penchant for hanging on to a product that simply no longer warrants hanging on to.

They need a catalyst, and it comes in the only form that resonates - their fan base expressing discontent, ideally in the form of ticket sales. For that to happen, there unfortunately needs to be a bit of pain.

I don't disagree with you on the sentiment, but think it's unfair to call on season ticket holders for that.

I am furious with this team and with this management. Change needs to happen, and to be honest I hope they lose this game today because, IMO, losing back to back to these 2 teams puts us in full-on panic city mode and that's what's needed for change. This team, as currently constructed and with 40 games in the books to measure, is going nowhere fast. It's time to change, and it's time to be sellers.

We are so used to being on the buyers end of things because we have always been in contention. Those high deadline and in-season prices we always complain about? Let's be the benefactors of those buy selling some pieces off in season. The core isn't hopeless, I don't think a complete overhaul is necessary, and if PC plays this season and the offseason right, can be right back to a playoff team next year.

Regarding the season ticket holder piece, what I think you're alluding to is that season ticket holders should give up their seats to speak with their wallets. Not a chance. Buying tickets was one of the first things we did when we could afford it after college, and it's something that we truly enjoy. This team will be good again, and I don't intend to give up my seats and miss out on that. I'm not going to skip games to keepers building empty, because why should I eat $100 to prove a point that won't even be received?

Finally, there's still a market for tickets. The last 3 games we have had to sell have gone for $90 -$130 on Stubhub. Our face is $50. Giving up our tickets is not something we would even consider unless there was s prolonged period where we either weren't using them and were taking a loss.

It sucks now, but it will get better, and I fully intend to be there.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

I sort of understand your viewpoint...But I am a fan and always want the team to do well and win.

Yes I am a STH. I have no intention of giving up my seats. It's my only vice . I am sure some of the fans will leave and that is OK with me.

Some nights I miss the games where the Garden wasn't full but the fans there were really into the game and weren't there to get drunk and try to get on the Jumbtron. I know with success you get many new and return fans and most of that is good...

Banshee

Apr 23, 2014
Concord, NH
A little perspective is probably required for Bruins' fans this season. Nearly everything that could go wrong has gone wrong this season; from injuries, to poor performance, to mistakes (even from seasoned veterans, not just the kids), to an officiating conspiracy ;) to bad "puck luck" the B's have endured a hellacious half-season so far.

And yet, they're only 9 points out of second place in the Division and fourth in the Conference. Contrast that with today's opponent, who is in the league's cellar and is 26 points out of that same position.

Is it bad? Relative to their recent high standards, you're darn right it's bad. But these guys have the talent, experience, and history to turn the ship around and make a strong run in the playoffs. That's what I'm hanging my hat on, anyway. :)

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
A little perspective is probably required for Bruins' fans this season. Nearly everything that could go wrong has gone wrong this season; from injuries, to poor performance, to mistakes (even from seasoned veterans, not just the kids), to an officiating conspiracy ;) to bad "puck luck" the B's have endured a hellacious half-season so far.

And yet, they're only 9 points out of second place in the Division and fourth in the Conference. Contrast that with today's opponent, who is in the league's cellar and is 26 points out of that same position.

Is it bad? Relative to their recent high standards, you're darn right it's bad. But these guys have the talent, experience, and history to turn the ship around and make a strong run in the playoffs. That's what I'm hanging my hat on, anyway. :)

Excellent post

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

Love the sentiment, but IMO this team lacks (or at least has not shown to date) the character to turn it around.

I hope to hell they prove me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
They'll win today, show great effort against a bottom feeder and proceed to let off the gas and get smoked by Pittsburgh. They have yet to figure out that every player needs to give 100% effort out there to go on a win streak now. They use to get by on talent where some players don't show up but still win. Its not the same team as last years, but it seems some of these players don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad