Half-Assed GDT: Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Are we sure we really want to deal Allen? He’s a darn good 1B. Good enough to push Binny and to step in when needed. Don’t want him as starter, but he is talented enough that you can ride him when he is on. No way I want to put that on Husso at this point.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Almost sorry Game 5 isn’t tomorrow night.
tenor.gif

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Are we sure we really want to deal Allen? He’s a darn good 1B. Good enough to push Binny and to step in when needed. Don’t want him as starter, but he is talented enough that you can ride him when he is on. No way I want to put that on Husso at this point.
honestly it just comes down to how much he gets paid, but he is a great backup.

Reactions: Bendak

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
The problem is we can't afford to keep him if we want to have a good team in front of our goalies. But I'd love to have him and Binnington together longer

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I agree, but someone has to go. He is the only one without an NTC.

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia

the issue is hes making way too much money to play 1/3 games

this run is nice, but 4.3 for a guy who is essentially penciled in as a backup is too much money, especially with a flat cap

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010

His salary next season is a big problem and will create a log jam with Husso. Not as bad as the one Binnington was in (behind Halak, Elliott, Bishop, and Allen at one point), but still not ideal long term.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
The problem is we can't afford to keep him if we want to have a good team in front of our goalies. But I'd love to have him and Binnington together longer
There are other ways to create space for Petro. We had over $12mm unfit to play tonight. And Dunn ain’t exactly essential. Bozak is good player but highly paid for his role.

Reactions: Bendak and mk80

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
We’ve gotten better every game this series.
Game 3 was arguably our worst game. We just got much better goaltending than games 1 and 2. This was our best game though. We dominated and the score could have been far more lopsided as we hit like 5 posts.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
His salary next season is a big problem and will create a log jam with Husso. Not as bad as the one Binnington was in (behind Halak, Elliott, Bishop, and Allen at one point), but still not ideal long term.
Husso is 25 and not exactly setting AHL on fire. I ain’t making plans around him.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
There are other ways to create space for Petro. We had over $12mm unfit to play tonight. And Dunn ain’t exactly essential. Bozak is good player but highly paid for his role.
Bozak is movable but i dont think moving bozak only creates enough cap space for petro.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Our total $ to goalie is reasonable. We can afford them both next year.

It doesn't make sense long term to have Allen blocking Husso if the franchise believes Husso's capable to shoulder some of the load from Binnington. They need to take the training wheels off him at some point.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
True. I just don't see either Tarasenko or Steen being moved, especially Steen at this point. But his contract at least burns off after next season, then again so does Allen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad