GDT: Game #4: Toronto Maple Leafs @ Columbus Blue Jackets | Can we get a win??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slot

Mar 6, 2012
Interesting, Clarkson is going to play against his former team for the first time after the trade. I don't think he will get much ice time if he plays the 4th line in CBJ.

Can we call him "Bottle Cop" for the duration?

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Will be checking the game out for a bit before the Jays game begins. That line-up is so tank worthy. GO LEAFS GO!! Have to win one eventually

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Watch your mouth

That's a cap team right there man :hockey:

we're a cap team? I doubt that, I think we're close but I mean that doesn't even mean anything, this team is going to get a massive purge at the TDL and into the summer.

Mad Brills*

Interesting, Clarkson is going to play against his former team for the first time after the trade. I don't think he will get much ice time if he plays the 4th line in CBJ.

/falls down

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I feel bad for Yakupov.

I watch him, and I actually see glimpses of an elite player at times.

But he's so dragged through the mud and has been since he was drafted, that he's almost broken now. Eberle, Nuge both look like 2nd liners now.

Only guy that's worked out is Taylor Hall, and you could argue he could be even better.

I think McDavid is too good to mess up, but I also said that the Oilers would need to do something horrific to fail after they drafted Yakupov.

We would have loved to be in their position, and they've completely ****ed it all up

Take a look at Spezza's 2nd goal against Edmonton from a few days ago. Starting at 47 sec's

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=846422

Yakupov missed a break & then when Dallas got the puck he worked his ass off to get back. Didn't really make the right choices in his own end, but the effort was there.

By contrast, McDavid coasted from the turnover until the goal. If you can read a dangerous offensive chance forming, then you should be able to read it when it's forming against your team. Yesterdays game with McDavid involved a lot of "watching" in his own end & a -3 outcome.

Many Oiler fans seem to think he has a strong defensive game, but at the NHL level he hasn't shown it.

Imagine McDavid if he was drafted by Toronto & had 1 G in 4 games & a well earned -5 to boot. The media would be insane.

3 Goals in 4 games by 4 first overall picks, if you draft them for their offence but they can't produce, what do you have? I think Edmonton is still broke & if they don't start coaching their "stars" to be real NHL 200' players they will end up with a mish mash of super shinny hockey players.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
i like our d pairings pretty rounded out, riles and hunwick are gonna be fast
idk how i feel about lupul on the 4th line doe, he was there last game too...but he scored ..

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
i like our d pairings pretty rounded out, riles and hunwick are gonna be fast
idk how i feel about lupul on the 4th line doe, he was there last game too...but he scored ..

I don't think it's the 4th line though. It's 1 of 4 lines and whichever line is playing the best, that line gets the most minutes.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Take a look at Spezza's 2nd goal against Edmonton from a few days ago. Starting at 47 sec's

Yakupov missed a break & then when Dallas got the puck he worked his ass off to get back. Didn't really make the right choices in his own end, but the effort was there.

By contrast, McDavid coasted from the turnover until the goal. If you can read a dangerous offensive chance forming, then you should be able to read it when it's forming against your team. Yesterdays game with McDavid involved a lot of "watching" in his own end & a -3 outcome.

Many Oiler fans seem to think he has a strong defensive game, but at the NHL level he hasn't shown it.

Imagine McDavid if he was drafted by Toronto & had 1 G in 4 games & a well earned -5 to boot. The media would be insane.

3 Goals in 4 games by 4 first overall picks, if you draft them for their offence but they can't produce, what do you have? I think Edmonton is still broke & if they don't start coaching their "stars" to be real NHL 200' players they will end up with a mish mash of super shinny hockey players.
This is why the Leafs brought in Babcock, without having any intention of being competitive in the near future. When these guys come up, they'll be forced to pay attention to all the details... and not just coast on their skill.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013

I agree with your sentiment, I've also thought McDavid seems to lack effort defensively but I didn't (still don't) want to say much about him until there are more games. It could be he's worried about living up to expectation so is focusing too much on trying to put up points instead of playing his game etc.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
You fail. Google the word facetious.

I understood what you were saying about the leafs. I didn't get the Columbus part, but I wouldn't exactly say that the opposite of unstoppable force is immovable force, a force isn't a thing you'd move.

Plus I'd hardly say Columbus is in a bad spot like that to use them as a force that can't move things. Especially against us, they always kick our ass. They're off too a bad start, but I'd hardly compare them to a 0 force like you would compare us to an object at rest.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I'm gonna miss both games tonight (will watch the game in 6 on mapleleafs.com when I wake up for work) but if I had tomorrow off.....I'd be watching the Jays game.

Saturday night it's flick back and forth as the Jays game bleeds into the Leafs because Kessel vs. Leafs.

Let's Go Blue Jays Leafs Go????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad